It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Detection Systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You, yes You are a potential terrorist.
Welcome to the very real and impending concepts of Pre-Crime, and Thought Police Folks...

Wall Street Journal
Which Travelers Have 'Hostile Intent'?
Biometric Device May Have the Answer
By JONATHAN KARP and LAURA MECKLER
August 14, 2006; Page B1

At airport security checkpoints in Knoxville, Tenn. this summer, scores of departing passengers were chosen to step behind a curtain, sit in a metallic oval booth and don headphones.
With one hand inserted into a sensor that monitors physical responses, the travelers used the other hand to answer questions on a touch screen about their plans. A machine measured biometric responses -- blood pressure, pulse and sweat levels -- that then were analyzed by software. The idea was to ferret out U.S. officials who were carrying out carefully constructed but make-believe terrorist missions....
Neither the TSA nor Suspect Detection Systems Ltd., the Israeli company, will discuss the Knoxville trial, whose primary goal was to uncover the designated bad guys, not to identify threats among real travelers. They won't even say what questions were asked of travelers, though the system is generally designed to measure physical responses to hot-button questions like "Are you planning to immigrate illegally?" or "Are you smuggling drugs."

At 200,000 of your bucks a piece, these machines are being trial ran as a new technology for Airport Security yet amount to little more than a fancified Polygraph. Apparently traveling by air will include submitting to a polygraph?

Source
New Israeli system IDs terrorists without profiling
SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Friday, June 24, 2005
TEL AVIV — An Israeli company has developed a system to identify past and potential terrorists.

The company said the system uses polygraph-like tools to identify insurgents — even when they do not have weapons — within three minutes.

The passenger places his passport on a scanner and the other hand on a sensor. He is then asked to answer written questions indicated by the passport while a special detector measures physiological responses.

Executives said the SDS-VR-1000 system, meant to replace human selectors, was based on the expertise of former officials from the Mossad and Israel Security Agency.

Former MOSSAD and ISA officials contracted with handling US Airport security... Great.

Source
Israeli airport technology detects intent of terrorists

9 May 2005
Built to replace human selectors or random check ups of visitors, the SDS-VR-1000 is based on the assumption that sophisticated terrorists might not be included in suspect lists....
According to Shoval, the SDS system is a truly unique product, one that could only have been developed in the cultural and political climate of Israel.

Yeah Shoval, that's what worries me buddy.

Before you ask me what's wrong with beefing up airline security, let's have a look at the list of what they consider to be their 'potential customers...

Source
Potential Customers
Police and Security Forces, Government Agencies, Airlines, Port Authorities, Custom, Drug Agencies, Banks, Homeland Security.

Sounds like a Hollywood Movie? Shoval apprently agrees...

Source
Consider it a personal polygraph machine, that will make air travelers infinitely safer, says SDS CEO Shabtai Shoval, a former division manager at Comverse Technology who founded SDS along with former head of the Israel Police's polygraph division Yeshayahu Horowitz and former deputy Mossad chief Amiram Levin.

"Our system makes an initial assessment within three minutes. If the system identifies a suspect, he can be sent to a personal agent to complete the investigation," Shoval said. Shoval explained that the inspiration his journey from Comverse to airport security was spurred by the September 11 attacks, as well as a viewing of a Tom Cruise movie.

"I happened to see the movie Minority Report - with Tom Cruise. I thought to myself, how great it would be to be able to prophesize a crime before it happens," he told ISRAEL21c.

"Among my staff in the telemarketing division of Comverse were two people formerly from the Shabak (Israel's General Security Services). After 9-11, we said to ourselves, maybe we should change direction toward the field of homeland security. 'What's the major problem that 9-11 has presented to the world,' we asked?

"Our conclusion was the fundamental issue that international terrorism has gotten sophisticated enough to enable terrorists to get into the target country without any weapons and with their own identity. Therefore, they can then create a strategic terror attack from within, without carrying in any means with them," he said....
"As they say in the movies, we have the technology to do this."

Precrime folks, from the CEO of the company himself.

Shouldn't we be looking for um, I don't know, weapons or bombs rather than some ambiguous hostile intent based on some automated racial profiling here? Seems to me that that two hundred thousand of your dollars could be much better spent on Explosives-detection systems or hiring more personel. With Cameras on the streets, Cameras on School Buses and in Classrooms, NSA Phone Tapping, and who the hell knows what else, don't we have enough Big Brother in our lives? How long before these machines are in our banks, or our Courtrooms? How long before some Dictatorial Max Hedrom is telling you that you harbor some hostile intent and can't go to work today? How long are we going to keep contracting out our national security interests to people like Shabtai Shoval?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Israel involvement yet again, especially in something like this. I'm not surprised.

So would an individual have a right to refuse to be scanned by one of these things, like police suspects have the right to decline a polygraph test?

Oh yeah, and polygraph tests aren't even admissable in a court of law. Will the same apply here?

Ph wait, thats right. if you are suspected of being a terrorist, you gotta wait like 5 years before they will even charge you with something.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I couldn't get this thread to pull up on the search function, but it did open the NWO thread list and I found it there. This was four years ago and it looks like they're still around, and private industries are starting to buy this thing, creepy...

Suspect Detection Systems Publishes Letter to Shareholders
NEW YORK, February 17, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Suspect Detection Systems Inc., (SDSS.OB)

...After studying the inner workings of Suspect Detection Systems, and reviewing the progress made by the company during 2009, I see a company that has been able to successfully transition from the development phase to full commercialization. And with commercialization, comes the key to success for any company: profitability.

In 2009, Suspect Detection Systems sold its proprietary Cogito technology throughout several markets worldwide. Among other locations, sales were recorded in Mexico and India-two countries with major terror and criminal threats.

Media reports from India stated that Cogito technology was utilized to help solve over 150 cases. Indian authorities have been so impressed with the technology, that an MOU was signed with the nation's premier Forensic Science University in Gujarat, to teach the methodology and implementation of Cogito technology throughout the country.

In addition, the technology was sold to a federal agency in the South Pacific to help secure a major national border. This sale called for the installation of the full Cogito data control system. That sale alone will gross over $1MM for the company.

Cogito was also purchased by companies in the private sector. A human resources company in South Africa ordered the system in 2009 to help prevent theft in the country's diamond industry.

The technology works to expose the guilty knowledge stored within the conscious mind of a terrorist or criminal. Cogito is an automated rapid interrogation system that can detect the hidden intent of a suspect in approximately five minutes-with remarkable accuracy.

On Christmas Day, 2009, a terrorist attempted to take down a commercial airliner as it was about to enter the United States. Cogito has been designed specifically to help federal agents counter the threats posed by such terrorists. Cogito was developed with research and development funding from the United States Department of Homeland Security, and was successfully tested by the Transportation Security Administration..

I honestly could think of better people than former Mossad agents and retired IDF to run security systems for private industry and our nation's security. Thought Crime is becomming a reality.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Pffffffffft!
Sounds exactly like a polygraph machine - measures the same exact responses in the same way only employing a different system of sensors. So polygraphs, which are inadmissable in court and illegal to require because they are unreliable and easily defeated, are now going to determine wether or not someone is a terrorist!?!? WTF!?!?!?!

This is going to get thousands of innconet people added to terrorist watch lists and the terrorists are going to train to defeat them. During all of this, your tax dollars will be blown to buy these unreliable machines, security checks will take even longer and hundreds of politicians who invest in the company will make millions on the insider-trading that takes place as they "Legislate" the use of the equipment. Very sad!

I think we ALL know who the REAL terrorists are!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Consider it a personal polygraph machine, that will make air travelers infinitely safer

I wasn't aware that air travel was that dangerous. Isn't it the safest way to travel? The attacks of 9/11 could have been prevented without such devices .... if the agencies and administrations (CIA, NSA, FBI, Whitehouse) were doing the jobs they were paid to do.

"I happened to see the movie Minority Report - with Tom Cruise. I thought to myself, how great it would be to be able to prophesize a crime before it happens," he told ISRAEL21c.

I saw this movie called 28 Days Later and thought to myself, "How cool would it be to turn the world into Zombies?"

I should quit my job as a graphic designer and focus on developing a "Rage" infection.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Former Mossad and IDF running security at our international airports is just insane, totally buggered... but also what's creepy, to me at least, is that Homeland Security isn't the only people buying into this technology, private companies are starting to get into this mindset as well and with the facial recognition software being programmed to recognise emotional states, how long is it going to be before this crap spills over into other aspects of our life? Can you imagine going to the bank and being told you can't withdraw any money until you are in a better mood or you insurance adjuster telling you they aren't going to cover your accident because you were obviously not in a good emotional state to be driving that day? Or some judge leaning over to see the data and declaring "You looked guilty, 30 days in the hole!"
Sounds ridiculous, but it's comming down to that. Orwell couldn't have imagined this level of scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Man another step towards total tyranny in the name of airline safety. How long before they've beaten this dead horse into the ground? I already refuse to fly following the induction of such stupidity as nudie scanners and no liquids for God's sake! This is nothing short of ridiculous! I have never, not for 1 second, even right after 9/11 thought that all this crap had anything to do with our safety and still don't! It's about an excuse to single out "trouble makers" for TPTB to cruch dissent. Sickening.

How much are you all willing to put up with before enough is enough?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Apparently they can 'diagnose' you on the internet as well with yet another thought-crime type software developed by our Israeli friends..

Source
Israeli team develops software to spot depressed bloggers
Inventors say program could enable mental health workers to identify individuals in need of treatment and recommend they seek help.
By Yuval Azoulay

Israeli researchers have developed software that claims to identify depressed bloggers by analyzing their writing.

The program scours blogs for words and phrases, descriptions and metaphors that can indicate the writer’s psychological state.

The software’s initial test run, which was part of a research study headed by Professor Yair Neuman of Ben-Gurion University’s department of education, combed more than 1,000 blog posts written by American bloggers that were online in 2004.

As part of the research, the software was asked to determine what it perceived as the 100 “most depressed” bloggers and the 100 “least depressed.”

Neuman told Haaretz that the software diagnoses largely matched those of four clinical psychologists who made their own diagnoses based on the blog posts.

“We found an 80 percent match between the automatic identification mechanism of the software and the human diagnosis given by the psychologists,” Neuman said.

“A psychologist knows how to spot various emotional states through intuition,” he said. “Here we have a program that does this methodologically through the innovative use of ‘web intelligence.’”

Neuman said the software could enable mental health workers to identify individuals in need of treatment and to recommend that they seek help.

“What does all of this mean from a practical standpoint?” he asked. “First of all, it shows that the technology is here and available and that it could be put to use.”

“In the United States there is a wide-ranging problem with depression,” said Neuman. “Through this software it will be possible to contact a blogger and request a general examination of the contents of his blog. If the blogger agrees, he will know whether he needs to seek professional counseling for any possible distress.”

Neuman said the researchers had received permission to analyze the blog posts.

The research and development for the software was funded by the Defense Ministry, yet Ben-Gurion University officials said yesterday the project would not be used for military purposes.

Unreal, but real. How long before those commital papers arrive from some psychology department in Tel Aviv over something posted on your blog?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
"As they say in the movies, we have the technology to do this."

Precrime folks, from the CEO of the company himself.

They do not know how to do precrime as it does not exist.

My life has been ruined by planks of wood using electronic mind control on me for 18 years pretending i would do something. Guess what, i have never committed a crime.

They just use precrime as a way to kill anyone they want.

The people that believe in precrime are dunce and my life has proven it fact.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don't know what scares me worse, the implications of "Pre-Crime" becomming a digital reality or the bozos we're putting in charge of our national security aparatus after all the crap we went through with rounding up Israeli Spy Rings in the US after 9-11. Robo Cops deciding you look hostile or Mossad running our airport security... they're both pretty frightening concepts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Apparently the UK also is relying on an Israeli company for security services, I am adding a link to this post by mr-lizard from another thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by mr-lizard
VERINT

verint.com...

Verint Systems is the security firm that is responsible for the CCTV surveillance cameras, in the London Underground rail network, and it is an Israeli company, with approximately 1000 employees. This documentary explores why no CCTV footage of the four Muslims boarding the tube-trains has been released by Verint; who claim that their cameras were not working.

centurean2.wordpress.com...

Crooked Israeli firm's pre 7/7 access to tube tunnels

7/7 London Bombs and De Menezes CCTV evidence failures - Financial chaos at London Underground CCTV firm Verint Systems

www.public-interest.co.uk...

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Awesome, after all the crap we went through with 'Israeli Art Sutdents', Odigo, Amdocs, Comverse Infosys, and god knows what else prior to 9-11, we just let these guys take over and handle security for major transportation hubs, you know, where terrorists move around.
Stunning Idiocy, or nefarious intent, I lean towards the latter.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
if this gets implemented, youre talking about ANOTHER way to add to the slow moving lines thru TSA...
eventually you'll have to get to the airport the day BEFORE to catch your flight

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Also amazing is the lack of interest in such matters. Threads about the violation of privacy and rights don't even warrant a page on ATS anymore...

tsk, tsk

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
Even I was skeptical until I ended up finally getting a facebook account and realizing just how far facial recognition had come in the last decade or so. I lasted about a year on there before the endless walls of memes and psychobabble and drama caved me in lol, but for me, it really shed some light on just how easily this crap could be implemented.

edit on 28-12-2015 by twitchy because: I screwed up a gerund...

top topics

join