It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Fires Rockets on Israeli Positions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In less than a 24 hours old cease-fire resolution. The Hezbollah have begun firing rockets on Israeli positions in southern Lebanon. Israel has not yet returned the fire by the Hezbollah, and should Israel do so, it would in all probability ignite the whole conflict up all over again.

www.voanews.com
Israel says Hezbollah militants fired at least 10 rockets at Israeli positions in southern Lebanon early Tuesday, despite a cease-fire that is not yet 24 hours old.
No injuries were reported and Israel said it did not return fire.

Earlier, the Israeli army said it had shot at least five Hezbollah fighters who threatened Israeli troops.

After the cease-fire began Monday morning, thousands of displaced Lebanese jammed bomb-damaged roads as they tried to return to their villages in the south. And in northern Israel residents emerged from bomb shelters.

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said his fighters had won a "strategic, historic victory" over Israel.

But President Bush said Monday Hezbollah suffered a defeat in the conflict. He pointed to a combined Lebanese/United Nations peacekeeping force due to patrol the previously Hezbollah-dominated border area in Lebanon's south.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Did anyone really think that a cease-fire would hold? The Hezbollah will continue engage the enemy whenever they are encountered. They will not give up control over Lebanon as long as they have weapons at their disposal.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli Cease Fire Begins Monday
Syrian Tanks Moving on the Israeli-Syrian Border!

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
And there in lies the problem. Political parties should have never been allowed to arm them selves that heavely. The Lebanise government is at fault on that one. They practicaly gave away there country to Iran by doing that.

As to the cease fire lasting, no I did not really think it would. But I also think with the failer of Isreal to be able to destroy the missles before the got launched that Isreal will be needing to overhaul its intellegence program.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
so its ok for Israel to attack lebonen even after the cease fire but not hazbullah to retaliate?

to the poster above the leboease army is weak and could do jack all,
without hazbullah they would have less land thanks to israel and its attitude to attack and grab and keep policy rehardless to international laws

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
bodrul
If someone (a Hezbollah militant in this case) points a rifle towards checkpoint/OP should the soldiers:
a) Run Away
b) Stand still so it's easier to hit them
c) Shot the man who is aiming them

My choise is C and i assume that soldiers regardless of nation will do the same in that situation...

So Hezbollah was the agressor, got shot at and retaliated?
And this is ofcourse israels fault?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

If someone (a Hezbollah militant in this case) points a rifle towards checkpoint/OP should the soldiers:
a) Run Away
b) Stand still so it's easier to hit them
c) Shot the man who is aiming them

My choise is C and i assume that soldiers regardless of nation will do the same in that situation...

So Hezbollah was the agressor, got shot at and retaliated?
And this is ofcourse israels fault?

seeing as israel started this by taking lebonease cuvilains captive for decades and retaliation hazbullah thraetend to take israeli soliders captive for the freedom of those cuvilians held by israel (it sure does look like israel is in the wronge)

also i didnt say no one has the right to deffend them selves if shot at
but to destroy and destroy cuvilian infrontstructure thats going to far

so yes israel is in the wronge

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
But you were clearly talking about who broke the cease-fire, not about who started the war/hostilities. That doesn't matter, Cease-fire was approved by both sides, hezbollah caused the breakage of the cease-fire, correct?

After a deal is done, prior acts don't matter, since the new rules have been agreed on by both sides. (Don't matter is a who started it sense, naturally war crimes etc. should be investigated)

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

seeing as israel started this by taking lebonease cuvilains captive for decades and retaliation hazbullah thraetend to take israeli soliders captive for the freedom of those cuvilians held by israel (it sure does look like israel is in the wronge)

Bodrul
You might want to look at this thred.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I see this thread is going no where fast thanks to off topic rants..

I honestly beleive the ceasefire "agreement" was nothing more then a pause in fighting to better organize the next attack(s).

I give it a few days max, then the war will really hit new highs.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I honestly beleive the ceasefire "agreement" was nothing more then a pause in fighting to better organize the next attack(s).

I give it a few days max, then the war will really hit new highs.

I totally agree with you.

I posted on another similar thread yesterday that the ceasefire wont last till the next day and it didnt even last 4 hours!

Hez is made up of many individuals which act in small groups with their own discretion & initiative.

IDF & Lebanon armys are exactly that...armys, and they get ordered via chain of command & wont just do things opportunistically like Hez.

They are dressed in civilain clothes & attack from populated areas on purpose for IDF to retaliate and get negative publicity and then disperse into the gen-pop. Same like insurgents in Iraq.

If there is another ceasefire, I doubt it will last till the end of the day again.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My understanding of the firing incidents was that Israel fired at the Hezbollah fighters as they posed a threat (defensive) while the Hezbollah fired their rockets in an (offensive) manner, under the cease-fire agreement Israel may fire at Hezbollah in defence if it is deemed that they are being attacked.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, at least they are not lobbing rockets at Israel itself. The leader did say they would continue to fight as long as there were IDF in Lebanon, but they have suspended their campaign of attacking their land. I fault the UN for not hurrying its ass up and getting some large number of peacekeepers in there pronto.

new topics

top topics

join