It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A holistic cure for constipation...the butt candle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Why is that people think that word "holistic" is, somehow, synonymous with reasonable, safe and natural -- at least that's what, in my opinion, is how the concept is accepted. Well, all I can say is that people who accept every "natural" product or concept need a crash course in critical thinking.

But then, if I suffered from chronic constipation this might actually sound like a good idea ----------nah, I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Even just "natural" doesn't mean something is safe, contrary to advertising techniques. Some of the most deadly poisons known to man are 100% natural chemicals, such as botulin, snake venom, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You know that the "butt candle" is a joke, right? It's making fun of the "ear candle," which was supposed to have health benefits.

Ear candling FAQ

But you knew that.

Right???

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

You know that the "butt candle" is a joke, right? It's making fun of the "ear candle," which was supposed to have health benefits.
But you knew that.
Right???

You mean I've placed myself in this embarassing position, risked setting my house on fire (we needed new drapes anyway) and, otherwise, made an ass of myself because I thought that "this" was a "real" therapy for nothing? Uh, of course I knew that this was a spoof all along (sigh).

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a cure for constipation?

waking up in bed next to Richard Simmons. (guaranteed you will #### yourself..)

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
a cure for constipation?

waking up in bed next to Richard Simmons. (guaranteed you will #### yourself..)

I think that I would prefer the constipation or the "butt candle" to the Richard Simmons option anyday.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would love to see the instructions and diagram for the butt candle...

step 3. place ankles behind head and light match....

you better hope the candle is inserted or you might erupt a flame like Mount Vesuvius.. explain that house fire to the insurance company.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ya see, I was feeling pretty constipated, and sticking a candle up the wazoo seemed like a neat idea . . .

Sorry Benev, I had to ask, because the nature of bulletin threads doesn't allow me to interpret your post by vocal cues or body language. Yes, I could have assumed that you meant it strictly "tongue in cheek," so to speak.

But there are some other folk on ATS/BTS for whom this could have been a serious post. I just didn't have a clear memory of who started this thread.

Burning the candle at both ends,

Dr. SC.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it should have been clear it was a hoax when you see no ordering information and such.................... if it was for real, there certainly would be a price list and ordering form.

top topics

join