It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike the Headless Chicken! No Way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sorry but i just had to post this story for all you lovers of the weird and bizzarre.This cant be true! After having his head lobbed off this chook lived for another 18mths. Anyone here from around this area, would love to hear more about Mike the headless chook.

He's got his own website,

www.miketheheadlesschicken.org...

The Amazing, true story of this famous fowl dates back to September 10, 1945 when Mike, a young Wyandotte rooster, was about to become the dinner of Fruita, Colorado, farmer Lloyd Olsen.
With a sharp ax in hand, Mr. Olsen firmly held Mike, preparing to make the bird ready for his wife Clara's cooking pot. Mr. Olsen swung the implement, thereby lopping off poor Mike's head. Mike shook off the event, then continued trying to peck for food.

Hes even had a statue built.

www.rense.com... (yeh i know, rense)

Olsen hired Mike a manager, who took him on tour around the country. Mike was pictured in a Life magazine spread and listed in the Guiness Book of Records. He was a popular attraction until he choked to death on a corn kernel in an Arizona motel.

He's even in Wikipedia, wtf!

en.wikipedia.org...

Mike was on display to the public for an admission cost of 25 cents, and at the height of his popularity was earning a princely $4,500 per month ($47,271.69 in 2005 dollars). A pickled chicken head was also on display with Mike, but it was not Mike's original head as a cat had already eaten it. Mike was later examined by the officers of several humane societies and was declared to have been free from suffering.

Man i just love this. Priceless.

Ive now got a joke for the "why did the chicken cross the road thread".

What a fowl way to live.

Go mike, what a legend!!

new topics

join