It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any that can ID this bizzare symbol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is a symbol that I have seen on a college campus. I don't know what it is for, I suspect its for a frat or an academic society. Its a sheild, with four capital Bs on it. In the center is a ring, with a serpent partly in the ring. The lower loop of the serpent is beneath the ring, I beleive, and the ends are overlying it. There is an upright bar behind the sheild with some sort of pommel or something on it.

Is this familiar to anyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The following frats/soror are on campus:

Kappa Sigma
Phi Sigma Kappa

Alpha Epsilon Phi
Alpha Kappa Alpha
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Sigma Delta Tau

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's a heraldry shield. Give me some time and I'll try to find the right coat.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The tetragrammatic cross, even though it was considered at the time by some to be the arms of the Paleologue family, it was in fact the arms of the Byzantine empire. The motif of a croos [sic] between four objects is derived from Constantine's labarum and has long figured on Byzantine coins, since the 6th c.

The B's of the tetragrammatic cross have been mostly interpreted as flints or firestones (purekbola in Greek), but also as letters. It is possible that they were initially letters, and later assimilated to firestones. The interpretation of the four B's standing for the motto "Basileus Basileon Basileuon Basileonton" (king of kings, ruling over those who rule) may well be posterior.

Still looking, but here is a start.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It might be three B's, thinking of it. Four seems odd.

The campus has the biology honours society on it, beta beta beta, BUT, this is the (main) tribeta symbol:
www.ben.edu...
(not my university fwiw).

The central symbol in my symbol reminds me a little bit of an ouroboros, at least the idea of a serpent and the circle are juxtaposed.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What is the name of the campus? I might be able to find it by charter

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'd rather not give out personal information like that, to tell the truth.

Hey, if I wasn't paranoid, I wouldn't be on this board!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The image of a serpent passing through a circle, or the Sun is a very ancient symbol.

I know it from the formation of part of the Avebury stone circle in Wiltshire where a pathway/road passing through part of the structure represents this symbol. I think its a fertility symbol of some kind, (aren'tthey all?). Can't help you with the 4 Bs though I'm afraid

[edit on 15-8-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This is a symbol that I have seen on a college campus. I don't know what it is for, I suspect its for a frat or an academic society. Its a sheild, with four capital Bs on it. In the center is a ring, with a serpent partly in the ring. The lower loop of the serpent is beneath the ring, I beleive, and the ends are overlying it. There is an upright bar behind the sheild with some sort of pommel or something on it.

Is this familiar to anyone?

Quanary Logic based symbol or at least a perceptual variation of what it might look like as a three demenional object.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The ensign of the Empire under the Palaiologoi, attested in several sources of the 14th and 15th centuries, comprises the so-called "tetragrammatic cross", which is a cross between four firesteels (Greek: πυρέκβολα) each resembling a B. The firesteels have been interpreted as the initials of the imperial motto Βασιλεὺς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων (Basileus Basileon Basileuon Basileuonton) or Βασιλεὺς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλεῦσι (Basileus Basileon Basileuon Basileusi), translated as "king of kings, ruling over rulers".[8] Another common emblem used by the Palaiologoi as a purely dynastic symbol was the double-headed eagle, occasionally displayed bearing the family's sympilema, or dynastic cypher, on the breast.

It is the FLAG OF THE "BYZANTINE EMPIRE", OR MORE COMMONLY KNOWN AS "EASTERN ROMAN EMPIRE" FOUNDED BY EMPEROR CONSTANTINE IN 324AD TO 1453AD WHEN IT WAS TAKEN OVER BY THE "OTTOMANS" (TURKS).

You can find the FLAG at this website: en.wikipedia.org...

I hope this finally solves your question.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is it strange that in Greek Mythology there exists a pantheon of Deities that all have either an A or an H for their names' cornerstones... Along with Demeter and Poseidon???

EXAMPLE:
Apollo & Hades
Aphrodite & Hephaestus
Aries & Hera
Artemis & Hermes
Athena & Hestia
Demeter & Poseidon
Theus (a.k.a. Zeus)

If you analyze it accordingly you find this note: Alpha.Delta.Eta.Pi.Theta = A.D.E.P.T. (If you consider the first letters of the aforemention words that describe the letters...)

I imagine that Demeter and the Alpha Team go against Poseidon and the Eta Team...
Leaving Theus as the Judge who presides over both camps...

D= Is a Triangle (Delta)
P= Is a Square (Pi)
Th= Is a Circle with the Eta in its midst... As if to imply that that faction is to be presided over precariously... Or controlled???

Anyhooo... Does thirteen Olympians amount to a mythical mystery? 13 moons in a year?
Does a circle, and a square, and a triangle amount to anything Geometry?
Does Law apply? In the States... Pi and Delta are symbols which, in the judicial system, define parties...

Is it coincedence that D.A. is the Delta & Alpha in short for "District Attorney?" But that the symbol for prosecutor (as the D.A. is commonly known) is in fact the Pi...
Kind of like a comical mis-match... lol

Would it imply that the Delta Team (Demeter and the Aplhas) is actually do gooders using the power of the Theus and Pi Team to implicate the order of things... Get me?????

Is this just designed to piss me off?

top topics

join