It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sacred Knowledge question.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Masons are supposed to have sacred knowledge or something like that. Here's my question.
Say that you have this sacred (potentially explosive) knowledge, why keep it a secret? Why not tell everyone and let us share in it's truth? If it is the truth, will it not set us free? Or would it bind us to each other, wishing we didn't listen to it, nor seeked it out?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Like the masons, the sufis claim to have special knowledge that can be used to advance and 'perfect' an individual, and they too keep it secret. From what I understand, a large part of their reasoning is that the knowledge can't simply be 'dumped' for a person, it has to be acquired through instruction and diligent study and participation, almost allways under a Master. THis is similar to the masonic/occultic usage of keeping esoteric knowledge secret from the profane, who will not be able to make use of it, and in fact may be damaged by it or entirely misunderstand it.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Say that you have this sacred (potentially explosive) knowledge, why keep it a secret? Why not tell everyone and let us share in it's truth?

Good question. Makes you wonder if all those anti-mason sites are full of it, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
Good question. Makes you wonder if all those anti-mason sites are full of it, doesn't it?

90% of the anti-Masonic literature I have read is garbage. In order to believe that the Masons are conspiratorial you have to believe that almost every other organization and religion is as well. I have studied both the pros and cons on Masonry and I must say that I see nothing particularly sinister about them at all. Different? Certainly. Sinister? Not so much.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lets all recall that there is more to masonry and discussions of occult societies than 'are masons evil, does OTO eat babies', etc. The OP has brought up some good questions.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There's a famous proverb from the Bible that says "do not cast pearls before swine". Now I'm not suggesting that everyone from whom the esoteric knowledge of Masonry is "kept secret" is a pig, but the meaning is clear:

Certain knowledge is useless (and sometimes even dangerous) to those who are not properly prepared to receive it.

Freemasonry is a journey of discovery, as are many esoteric traditions. It's a slow learning process, much like mathematics. Can you imagine teaching a primary school kid about advanced calculus, without the foundations of, say, the basic order of operations or algebra? Some kids are prodigious, and may be able to absorb the information, but the majority won't.

This is quite simply the way learning and development works within the human sphere of existence.

Before I became a Mason, I would happily research all the texts and symbology for hours. I understood the significance of very little of it. Later, as I went through the 3 degrees of the Blue lodge, everything started to fall into place because of the structured curriculum of the teachings of Freemasonry.

And that's all it is: a structured curriculum.

The knowledge isn't withheld because Freemasonry is selfish, or desirous of some kind of elitist system of enlightenment. That would be counterintuitive and just plain ridiculous. The knowledge is simply treated with respect in the same way that Paul suggested that young Christians take "milk before meat" in their spiritual lives.

The system of education within Freemasonry simply takes all of this into consideration. Additionally, the lessons within Freemasonry are often incorporated into ceremony as part of the learning process. This is designed to be more impactful to the Masonic student, and enable the teachings to be more profoundly absorbed. Therefore, ripping them out of this context and simply publishing everything freely (which has been done anyway), strips the lesson of its depth and meaning.

One important thing to rememember is that Freemasonry is NOT responsible for your spiritual development... YOU are.

Some anti-Masons here (NOT the author of this thread) have ludicrously complained to the effect that Freemasonry is somehow responsible for withholding enlightenment from the masses, simply because these complainants haven't had the wherewithall to seek it, or work for it, for themselves... Well, in my mind, this somewhat similar to whining that their local community college hasn't granted them an advanced pottery diploma, even though they've never touched a ball of clay in their life (refer to aforementioned proverb)

Freemasonry has some valuable knowledge, but it's not as though its like can't be found elsewhere. Alternatively, if you are of mature age and (demonstrably) good character, you can join and go through the curriculum yourself. What you do with it is up to you, though.

I might add, however, that if a person is of the opinion that we are shapeshifting, toilet-exploding, brainchip-injecting reptiloids, they'd probably be better off exploring something else...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

There's a famous proverb from the Bible that says "do not cast pearls before swine". Now I'm not suggesting that everyone from whom the esoteric knowledge of Masonry is "kept secret" is a pig, but the meaning is clear:

I second the motion. I am the only person in my family with knowledge of certain matters, and it's made my life hell in some respects. I know better than to throw this kind of information about world events out to people who can barely manage their own checkbooks and personal relationships, let alone control larger aspects of the world at large.

Funny how people want the answers handed to them, even when they have never put serious effort into finding the truth for themselves. Such knowledge would only be misused or misinterpreted, at best. It would serve no constructive purpose and only complicate matters of higher importance.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The Masons are supposed to have sacred knowledge or something like that. Here's my question.
Say that you have this sacred (potentially explosive) knowledge, why keep it a secret? Why not tell everyone and let us share in it's truth? If it is the truth, will it not set us free? Or would it bind us to each other, wishing we didn't listen to it, nor seeked it out?

Interesting that you should call it "sacred" knowledge, did you mean that or did you just mean secret ?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Sacred Knowledge has it's origin in the 4000 lines of hieroglyphic texts (now called the Pyramid Texts) discovered in the pyramids of Saqqara, Egypt. They were indecipherable and remained a secret until c.1799, one of Napoleon Bonaparte's legionnaires found a stone in a wall (now called the Rosetta Stone) that bore three inscriptions: one in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, and two in the more modern Greek and demotic scripts.

It was from this stone that Jean Francois Champollion c.1821 deciphered the writing. But it wasn't until the late 1900's that Dr. R. O. Faulkner of the British Museum in London published the first "popularly recognized" English translation. Now called the "Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts" it's available from Aris & Philips, ISBN 0 85668 297 7.

The Pyramid Texts are not easy to read - as all the discussions are between gods speaking to gods, or a constellation speaking to the sun. Making matters worse is that orthodoxy spreads false propaganda that they are funerary and of pagan origin.

So one must keep in mind that (discussions between gods) was simply the Ancient's way of telling a narrative. In a sense this is no different than if Disney chose to explain flight by using discussions between two crows.

The first step in understanding the secret knowledge is to learn something about the Pyramid Texts and their content. For that you can start here: The celestial science of the ancient Egyptians

bc
.\

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
oh yes the pearls before swine argument again....

well to deem someone worthy you have to first judge them. in judaism they say that when you judge someone it brings judgement also upon yourself. just something to keep in mind...

but who can really judge rightousness besides god? so shouldnt god decide whether we are given knowledge? he does, even though the masons try to hide it from the uninitiated. but then they told me before that NOTHING in their organization is secret. hehe... right. let's forget the fact that were in a SECRET societies forum...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I would add that there is no knowledge available through freemasonry that is not available through other sources. There is no 'exclusively' masonic knowledge, in very much the same way that there is no exclusive masonic God.

Freemasonry is a conduit, a 'method of teaching' which is quite different and gives a different experience. It is also not just a teaching mechanism but also a social network and a great opportunity for personal development. But these are, of course, all interconnected. That's what makes it so unique.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

There is nothing sinister about masons secrets, the are simply initiated into so called 'Mysteries' which go back to Greek times.

The words 'mystery' and 'mystic' derive from muein, referring to the closed eyes of the candidate for initiation.

An example of "mystery" initiation, in this case Roman, Dioinysian and for women is still visible in the Villa of the Mysteries in Pompei. Do a Google search and you will see the women in the picture quite clearly.
According to one common interpretation, the women first hear sacred readings and prepare a ritual meal. Then follow glimpses into the world of Dionysus. A mortal woman, who seems to have wandered into this divine realm, appears startled, even frightened, either at the sight of the god himself or by the scenes that follow--the ritual revelation of the phallus and a demon flagellating a young initiate as a maenad dances. Two final scenes, a woman dressing her hair as a bride and a matron looking on, complete the cycle.

These things are very old and pose no threat to the security of the world, you can find out many things for yourself.
The "secrets" are supposed to bond the partecipants toghether in brotherly friendship.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
I would add that there is no knowledge available through freemasonry that is not available through other sources. There is no 'exclusively' masonic knowledge, in very much the same way that there is no exclusive masonic God.

You are mistaken - they aren't going to give you even a hint of their sacred rituals and knowledge.

You have to go back and see where it came from in the first place.

Or argue on infinitum

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well put before bc. i had them try to tell me there were no secrets besides handshakes.... like i buy that...

sorry about the one line post

[edit on 15-8-2006 by hexrain1]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
thank god for emphasis!

So what do you think the percentage of people are able or have learned?

What makes up the type of person who has learned these things?

How many people here think they have learned? Was it life changing?

How do you think the world is affected by each one who pushes the gnosis further?

What is the difference of the learner who has learned this complete knowledge versus the student who has only gained little depth for the allegory.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, do you think the Masons are connected to the Knights Templar? I believe they are and if they are, in fact, then didn't they find secrets in a temple and worship a severed head? If it is not a secret what was represented by the head? John the Baptist?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Replying to the post that started this thread:

For hundreds of years, people in Europe had two choices. They could be:

Catholic; or

Dead by slow torture.

The worship of any God but the Catholic God, any way but the Catholic way, was the capitol crime of heresy.

Masonry is the practice of an ancient religion known as the Ancient Wisdom. Masons claim all other religions are subsets of this ancient religion. A point of view incompatible with both Catholic and Protestant theology.

I'm not going to engage in the usual arguments with the Masons here, which never resolve anything.

I will suggest that you Google Masonry ancient wisdom and see what comes up.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforebc

Originally posted by Trinityman

You are mistaken - they aren't going to give you even a hint of their sacred rituals and knowledge.

You have to go back and see where it came from in the first place.

Or argue on infinitum

Could you elaborate on how you know this and I don't?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hexrain1
well to deem someone worthy you have to first judge them

OR, set them to tasks to accomplish in order to get the knowledge, let that 'judge' them. Indeed, why should it just be given up to someone who happens to ask for it? And what if the knowledge isn't the answer to anyones questions, but is gained in the quest.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Well, do you think the Masons are connected to the Knights Templar? I believe they are and if they are, in fact, then didn't they find secrets in a temple and worship a severed head? If it is not a secret what was represented by the head? John the Baptist?

"So spake IACOBUS BURGUNDUS MOLENSIS
the Grand Master of the Temple;
and of the GOD that is Ass-headed
did he dare not speak."

IACOBUS BURGUNDUS MOLENSIS is Jacques DeMolay
And we may question whether Jacques
Should be translated as IACOBUS for Jacob
Or as IOHANNES for John
Since Jack is both another name for John
And a title of our Donkey Lord

DeMolay was the Grand Master
Of the Templar Order of knights