It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Lamps switch off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I understand how abstract this sounds, but over the last 3-4 months when I have been passing under various street lamps during darkness hours they have flickered or turned completely off.

This has happened approximately 12-15 times.

Perhaps this is just one big abstract coincidence, or maybe it has something to do with my bodies magnetic field?

Any step in the right direction would be beneficial

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Funny you mention this, cause it feels like it happens to me all the time.
I just right it off as they had to go out some time. But it does feel weird when it happens.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's extremely strange as it hasn't happened when I've "thought" about them turning off. Its usually occurs when Im either in deep thought in mid-conversation, or venting emotionally.

It has happened a variety of times in different locations rapidly after Ive passed the street lamp.

It's certainly bewildering

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me all the time. I think people that see this alot are just very aware of their surroundings. You should try an experiment and ask your sig. other to start noticing lamp posts and ask what they see. I believe they will say the same thing after a week or so.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
this is quite a known about accorance,
have you heard of sliders?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is a bunch of threads for some info,

Also see this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

by signaltonoise
Street lights going out when you walk under them

Lately, I've been going out for walks at night. Every single time I pass under a certain light, it will turn either on or off. It's not half the time, not 3 out of 4 times, it's *every time*. Out of 20+ walks. I can see the light from a few hundred feet away, but I have yet to see it do anything until I get to within about 30 feet of it.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think this is a manifestation of magnetism generated by "some" people.
This also happens to friend of mine, and all types of watches stop around him.
Have you noticed this, kolo__heights?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Gods, what i wouldn't give for this ability. To shut down electric lights whenever I walked by, and restore the nice, peaceful darkness and calm of night.

Sigh.................

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I too suffer from this phenomena so thank you for starting this thread. When I am driving it happens all the time, its not every light...but several of them on almost every night trip. I did some research on this subject when it first started to happen, most people say that its nothing, that the lights must turn off the conserve power and that it is just a coincidence and it happens to everyone. Thats what I was told...and I actually believed it. But it still happens all the time. Does this NOT happen to everyone??? Also just recently my watch has been off by about an hour or less on several occasions, most of the time i realize it when i first put my watch on in the morning.

Can you prove to me that people are electricly charged or could have an electro-magnetic field?

And If so... What ELSE can I do with this power???

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've noticed street lights going off and then sometimes they come back on. What really annoys me is when my ceiling light bulbs keep popping every couple months up to a few months if I'm lucky. The so called long lasting light bulbs didn't last any longer.

Thinking about energy, the batteries in my car remote keyless entry or trunk release seem to always last for many years. I don't think I've ever replaced those batteries. I had one for over 8 years. (I got rid of the car so I didn't need the remote anymore.) I've been wondering how long those batteries are supposed to last if you use them every day at least a few times a day.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
They are designed to turn off when they detedt light, i.e; daylight hours or the headlights of passing cars !

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Good thread.
This phenomenon started happening to me in 1987.
Our city noticed it and spent $200,000 upgrading. When we found the woman that took off with the money, we had ~$20,000 left.

This is one strange occurence that is readily accepted.

WARNING: If the light stays off for a prolonged period, others will move into the area.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
They are designed to turn off when they detedt light, i.e; daylight hours or the headlights of passing cars !

Just to correct, most are timed now due to this recognized problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered

Originally posted by violet

Just to correct, most are timed now due to this recognized problem.

They are on timers on a residential street, or freeway and activated by light (to turn on and off by themselves, via a switch) on a Highway

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If it really had anything to do with you, it should happen any time you walk under any light, not just a dozen lights out of hundreds or thousands.

I don't walk around late at night enough to know how common of an occurance this is, but the street light in front of my house will often randomly turn on and off just as the sun is starting to set and also just as the sun is starting to rise, as it is triggered by a monitor that measures the incoming light, much like nightlights that you plug in for kids.

The only other thing is a few times there have been flashes of lightning so bright that it triggers them back off again.

What really annoys me is when my ceiling light bulbs keep popping every couple months up to a few months if I'm lucky. The so called long lasting light bulbs didn't last any longer.

I've had that happen too. Could either be from flicking them on and off too much, which drastically shortens the life of the bulbs, or maybe something wrong with the wiring in your house so the bulbs are getting spikes of electricity and being popped. One time I even had a lightbulb literally explode and shatter into a million pieces of glass that covered the entire room. Luckily I wasn't inside, but just about to go in a few seconds later when it happened. I find those weird-shaped energy-saving bulbs tend to work fine though.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Let me fill you in on how this is happening.
I am a linesman for Amren ue and have installed or repaired MANY of these lights.
At night as you are driving past these light your leadlight lamps are triggering the sensor to shut off the lamp.
These lights use a light sensetive sensor to switch them off and on.
Even a dim light (indirect light from headlamps) will shut them down.
MANY of us experiance this effect.
Most times we are in cars , others we ae walking past it.
It is always due to a light source.
NO secret powers here.

It only take a SMALL amount of light to turn these suckers off, and darkness will trigger the ingitor to re light the lamp.

Sorry to rain on your parade guys.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I never really wear a watch so cannot comment on this,

However in response to micaleth, does this technology feature in a variety of lights, as I have experienced 'switching off' in residential areas and motorway roads. Furthermore lights have switched off when I have been opposite the road, both within a car and walking.

The ideology of sliders was interesting aswell. The only topic I came across was by Doctor Richard Boylan who talks about 'Star Kids'. This is a theory that hypothesises that humans are being upgraded by ET thus some have special abilities, mentioning:

One of the most common, if mundane, characteristics of these Star Kids is that often they will cause a street lamp (especially the amber sodium vapor type) to go out when they walk by. This is due to the influence of their body’s bioelectromagnetic field, which has been “amped-up” as a result of contact with the Star Visitors.

www.drboylan.com...

The concept he's presenting is extremely outrageous but the ideology of 'switching off' is certainly an abstract similarity.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Furthermore lights have switched off when I have been opposite the road, both within a car and walking.

Yes happened to me from what I remember last November. I walked along this road looking at this light and people underneath it, as I went past it flickered and went off, then as I walked further I turned around because I noticed it was weird...but I saw it turn back on. Must have been around 7-8 pm.

Had me wondering 4 a good while longer. I even thought what the people thought who were underneath it about me. Seeing this guy walk along, then the light goes out...then as I move out of distance it flickers back on again. Haha !

top topics

join