It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized religion can eat my ASS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have a major hang up with organized religion, I've had a major hangup with organized religion my entire life. I never understood the point of dumping money off at church to better one's life or make them holier or whatever the hell it's for. When I was in highschool I found that my freedom of religion is ok, as long as it's some variant of christianity. I've also found this out at a couple of places I've worked at, as when I was still working retail I was REQUIRED to wish people a happy christmas, or a happy easter or whatevever else because it's what we do. In fact, one of the last retail places I worked for had "Closed Sunday, Attend the Church Of Your Choice" written in pretty big letters on their weekly ad flyer. I get tired of people trying to convert me. I get sick of these mother#ers with their #ing light up christmas trees and I bought my child a 900$ Insert-Something-Noone-Needs and the #ing Easter Bunny. What the hell is an easter bunny? Do the people not even know what the # their holiday is about? I take the time to be versed on other religions so I can be tolerant of them, at least try to understand what the hell they celebrate. No one bothered to take the time to learn why I meditate, or why I appreciate nature above all else. If another person tries to convert me to catholocism or christianity i'm gonna shove a commandment up their ass or something.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, please don't post here to tell me that I'm wrong for disliking organized religion or that I should find God/Christ/Allah's love. I'm all about love, not some intangible father figure. So please, as I didn't burn any members of this board, I expect that no members will post here to burn me. Also, I'm not trying to spark a massive debate and defend my dislike of organized religion, I just had to get it off my chest *mostly because I see a lot of posts that end up as a debate of organized religion*.

join