It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Descent - Spoiler warning! (Most likely.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey, just wondering what you all thought of this movie if you've seen it. I saw it last night on a whim, and I have to say I was incredibly thankful that it was actually a fairly scary movie! Most scary movies now are pretty lame, but this one delivered pretty well. If it weren't for a couple of things, it would surely be among my favorite movies (Or at least scary ones.)

First of all, these things ripped the head off of a moose (apparently), and drug numerous animals and people into its cave. Could 2 scrawny looking women really take on 3 of them? The first scene when the monster attacks is great, but as soon as it turns into a "girl power" fight scene, it loses a lot of its momentum. I think the things being blind was sort of stupid considering all of the large animals it has killed, not to mention in the beginning when it jumps on the girl and bites her perfectly in the neck.

My recommendation - Instead of the fight scenes, make them more "Chasey." That girl suddenly knowing martial arts and doing a neck break on the creature - pretty lame. Make less creatures, but make them much stronger. They're cave monsters for Christ's sake, most animals that size are way stronger than any human being (Baboons, monkeys, etc.)

I'm not saying I could do better or anything. Despite these things, it was still a great horror movie. Much better than any I've seen within the last...well a very long time. Two thumbs up from me!

What did you all think?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It had me sh!tn myself! so in my opinion it was a really gd horror movie with a few silly bits bt overall it done what it was suposed to.

I am quite blurry on the end what I can remember is that the woman escapes into a truck and then suddenly wakes up inside the cave agen hmm cood sum1 pls enlighten me?

join