It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grabbing myself a rifle and a shotgun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyone else here paranoid that something crazy may happen in USA from govt. trying to mess with the citizens 'badly' or a civil war? I am an american citizen but im from a country which USA doesnt like so that even makes me more paranoid to where I have to be careful of what I say and places I go such as the shooting range for fun (not a good idea anymore especially with these rednecks where I live)

Dont want anyone Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link. with me

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, if something does happen, your not alone to fight it, so take it easy.
and if you know a little about ATS you know a loooooooooohooooot of people think something is comming, so yeah lots of people are a little on edge.
Still only thing you can do is chill and prepare

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just don't stock pile too much ammo, or you will bring attention to yourself.
Waco anyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by timmy2000I am an american citizen but im from a country which USA doesnt like so that even makes me more paranoid to where I have to be careful of what I say and places I go such as the shooting range for fun (not a good idea anymore especially with these rednecks where I live)

If you live in a "redneck" area, you should feel comfortable at least purchasing a rifle. Take a gun safety course (if you haven't already), and definitely use the shooting range (if the rednecks don't like it, tough - you have just as much right to be there as any other American).

Once you feel comfortable with the gun in your hands, buy a few boxes of ammo, lock the rifle up high somewhere, lock the ammo up high in a different location from the gun, and then hide the keys in a location only you know about.

I live in the same kind of area and own a rifle & 12 gauge for hunting. But in the remotely possible chance of even a regional social collapse, it'll become the primary defense from vandals and theives and for obtaining food. It feels strange to plan and think about it like that - but if/when it happens, you'll be glad you did. Just be safe and treat the weapon with respect.

-Ry

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by timmy2000I am an american citizen but im from a country which USA doesnt like so that even makes me more paranoid to where I have to be careful of what I say and places I go such as the shooting range for fun (not a good idea anymore especially with these rednecks where I live)

If you live in a "redneck" area, you should feel comfortable at least purchasing a rifle. Take a gun safety course (if you haven't already), and definitely use the shooting range (if the rednecks don't like it, tough - you have just as much right to be there as any other American).

Once you feel comfortable with the gun in your hands, buy a few boxes of ammo, lock the rifle up high somewhere, lock the ammo up high in a different location from the gun, and then hide the keys in a location only you know about.

I live in the same kind of area and own a rifle & 12 gauge for hunting. But in the remotely possible chance of even a regional social collapse, it'll become the primary defense from vandals and theives and for obtaining food. It feels strange to plan and think about it like that - but if/when it happens, you'll be glad you did. Just be safe and treat the weapon with respect.

-Ry

sounds stupid but I am not white, and a brown skinned guy with a funny name going to the range is a no no and playing it smart, I usually bring white people with me who are friends

and yea I am not doing anything illegal, but a white guy being 'suspicious' about a brown guy can mean a lot these days

Ever seen that video of an australian guy taking pictures of a bridge and then a guy dressed up like an arab starts taking pics and in like 1 minute police are there, funny stuff

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
also does anyone here think that if some major events such as 'terrorism' whatever you want to call it, were to happen, that firearms shop would be closed up or restricted to sell to people? Thats why I need one now.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Timmy it is my belief that when 'that' time approaches, you will already have been forced to turn in ALL your firearms as they will have been made illegal. That way when you are forced to make a decision about what is right, you will already be made a criminal for keeping illegal arms. Does that make sense?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Timmy, I think you're right to be so cautious. There are alot of crazy white supremacists out there nowadays, and they don't always play nice.
Yeah, I think a shotgun is a good idea. We live in the country and need one to protect ourselves and our animals from mountain lions, or marauding raccoons attacking the chickens. So most everyone around here has some sort of gun and it's mostly for hunting when they need meat (many around here are too poor to afford much meat), and to shoot dog packs or some such that is attacking one of their animals.

And I do think that the day might be coming soon where we will need to protect ourselves from hungry wanderering murderers, etc. when/if civilization fails.

It's probably a good idea to always try to have a friend go with you when you go out. Take good care of yourself, Timmy. I hate that you're forced to live and feel this way and it still means that you should take precautions, it's only good sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
thanks guys, and forest lady are you a lady? cool if you are!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks.
Yes, I am of the female persuasion.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmy2000
sounds stupid but I am not white, and a brown skinned guy with a funny name going to the range is a no no and playing it smart, I usually bring white people with me who are friends

It doesn't sound stupid at all - it is how the world has become. It's unfortunate we've slipped backwards so much in our society. But, as I said before, being "brown skinned" doesn't mean you have any less of a right to feel safe. If it makes you uncomfortable to go alone, by all means take along a friend to buy the gun and to the shooting range. Heck - if I lived close enough I'd head over with you. I could use a little practice.

Take care,
-Ry

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
From the day that the United State’s of America, gained its independence the people have always been told to protect themselves. It was a Nation born of blood, of war and one that struggled with hostility for many of its early years. No where, is the importance of the people being able to protect themselves and their nation than in the Bill of Rights itself:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

This was for many reasons. Firstly, the United State’s still had much hostility with the Tribal Americans. There was a colonial thread from the British Empire, to the North in the territories they gained from France in the Treaty of Versailles and other Nation’s from the South. By giving the people the right to protect themselves, it meant the reserve army of the United State’s was drastically larger than that of any of their rivals.

However, unknown to many of the United State’s it was originally based upon the Bill of Rights (1689) by the Parliament of England. Yet, our requirement was to the law. The Government would forever be able to remove our Right to defend ourselves and they have done this time and time again.

To those who are in the United State’s, hold this amendment above all others. The gun is what removes the power of your Government over you. It is the ability for you to have your freedom of speech and in the words of George Orwell:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Make sure you are all ready to defend your Nation from not only the external thread, be they terrorists, economists or full scale war. But also to those from your own Government who would place their own interests above that of the whole of your country.

To the poster, go out and learn how to use your firearms. Practice, learn how to clean it, how to use it and to make sure that it is out of harms way of those you seek to protect. Learn how to use rifles, shotguns, pistols and anything and everything you can. Not through fear your Government might turn on you, but so your Government remembers it can never turn on you.

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Odium]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think its sad, but sensible, to be wary when going to the firing range, especially if there are real rednecks also at it. Even not being a muslim or an arab doesn't make a person safe (not that being a muslim or arab should warrant attacks in the first place). Remember how in texas a bunch of local yocals beat the crap out of a sikh, figuring he's "one of them a-rabs or mooslims"??!!

But, at the same time, a person shouldn't have to avoid a place because of ignorant jerks! People shouldn't be afraid to go out in broad day light doing perfectly legal things!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wish you all would stop bashing Rednecks. We are just big fluffy teddy bears with guns.

Roper

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I can only suggest counseling...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
ATS policy on "Activist" Recruiting

Hey, i know you guys aren't recurting
but just becareful when talking about firearms
i wouldn't like to see a thread getting unwanted attention from untrusting eyes.

ive seen alot of thread during my FSME here (NWO section) which have been worrying.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Take up shooting as a hobby. Join a sportsman's club. Buy a hunting license even if you don't hunt. Get people used to seeing you at a gun range. I don't know what your home situation is like, but if you can do it get into reloading your own ammunition. Use lead slugs for practice. Many clubs have facilities where you can cast your own lead slugs (I use wheel weights I get from a tire shop). These clubs usually have a reloader availible for use by members. This would be a good place to start and learn. You will also save money by reloading your own ammo. Get your own dies and then save up for your own reloader. Safely keep your own supply of powder and primers. You can buy pre-made jacketed slugs mail order. Keep these for your "good ammo". Keep your brass and build up a supply.

By doing this you accomplish several things. One. Unless you are a complete jerk you are going to make some friends at the gun club. Two. You are going to become proficient with your choice of weapon. Three. you will develop some useful skills in the event it all hits the fan.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmy2000
Anyone else here paranoid that something crazy may happen in USA from govt. trying to mess with the citizens 'badly' or a civil war? I am an american citizen but im from a country which USA doesnt like so that even makes me more paranoid to where I have to be careful of what I say and places I go such as the shooting range for fun (not a good idea anymore especially with these rednecks where I live)

You're worried about racism and discrimination toward you and YET, your own racism and discrimination is blatently obvious. Here is a question for you. Are you considering committing a crime with a firearm? If not then don't worry about what others think. This country was populated by the peoples of the world. Thats what makes us the best country on Earth. There are going to be people who prejudge you and there are going to be people who accept you right away. I'm white and and I've been put down by other whites (including blks, latinos, etc.) several times. It's life. It happens. Get over it. My best afvice for you is to show people that you are a good person at all times...go out of your way even. And no matter what people say about, let it be said, but live your life in such a way that proves them wrong. My final piece of advice is to not worry about those "rednecks". They're not the most racist bigoted people out there. Steer youreslf away from DNC talking points. Ohh, By the way, welcome to the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The goverentment isnt going to do anything.
You cant be serious !

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
The goverentment isnt going to do anything.
You cant be serious !

I don't think so either, but it never hurts to be prepared. Besides shooting is fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join