It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasmanian Tiger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Who else has heard about the attempted cloning of one of the extinct tasmanian tigers. I thought that they had been sited in tasmania, a possible x-creature. Does anyone know what there next step after this is? Maybe a Dodo or a nice chupacabra

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I've heard about it. I don't know if it's a good idea though. If they clone a Thylacine what's to stop them form cloning a dinosaur? Sometimes you should let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak.

anyways, here's a few links.

www.wired.com...

www.austmus.gov.au...

www.amonline.net.au...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Funny how hollywood always manages to portray the future so uncannily?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Funny how hollywood always manages to portray the future so uncannily?

What do ya mean Neo. I'm kinda stupid.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Yeah, I've heard about it. I don't know if it's a good idea though. If they clone a Thylacine what's to stop them form cloning a dinosaur? Sometimes you should let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak.

Dinosaur cloning is impossible as there isn't enough surviving DNA in the fossils to map a sequence.

The Tassie Tiger on the other hand only became extinct 150 years ago with several specimens being preserved in alchohol. The DNA is intact in these specimans making it possible to sequence the DNA.

I'm sure you can apreciate the difference between 150 years and 150 million years.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Tasmanian Tigers. *sigh* hunted down by humans. Whats next on our terrible animal hitlist?

top topics

join