It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another interview with the evil Iranian president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Associated Press

Full article

Ahmadinejad said it was Hezbollah that had a right to defend itself in its war with Israel.

"We are not at all happy with war," he said. "People, innocent people are being killed."

Saying the U.N. has failed to provide security in the region, Ahmadinejad said: "We see that it is not responding to atrocities. If we search for the root causes, we see the hand of the British and the Americans."

The Bush administration is adamantly opposed, he said, because the U.S. is "opposed to Iranian progress."

"Mr. Bush's team and the parties that support him want to monopolize energy resources in the world," Ahmadinejad said. "Because once they have that they can impose their opinions, points of view, policies on other nations and, of course, line their pockets."

Today is the era of thoughts, dialogue and cultural exchanges."

the U.S. will "have to change their behavior" before that [normalized relations] can happen.

I did see the other thread about Wallace, but it wasn't really about the interview itself.
First of all, to me its pretty clear Iran is going to use its uranium enrichment program to develop a broader arsenal of nuclear weapons [as they probably already have some], but that's no reason to believe the nonsense Iran would nuke every Western nation immediately off the map. I know it's not clear to many people, but nuclear weapons are a tool of power, to create a stronger position, specifically what Iran wants to obtain in the Middle East.

The claim that Iran would nuke us away is Western and in particular, Zionist propaganda. The Israelis fear such an Iranian nuclear the most, as they are within reach of their missiles [unlike the US], should Iran not decide to deliver any missiles capable of reaching the US coasts to North Korea.

Personally, I fully agree with the comments given by Ahmedinejad in this interview. There's no such a right of Israeli self defense in this case nor is it about the abducted soldiers. How many times did you heard Bush and the Zionist government blaming Iran and Syria, rather than worrying about the abducted soldiers?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Im still not entirely convinced Iran is after nuclear weapons. There is a very good reason why Iran would want nuclear power. If Iran can reduce it's use of fossil fuels for generating electricity then that is oil that can be sold to others at ever increasing profit margins. Since the United States has placed an economic embargo on Iran for decades, it is a great way for Iran to generate wealth.

The same can be said for Australia, we have massive natural gas deposits and the World's largest Uranium deposits. Yet we sell our natural gas to foreign nations and then buy it back at a higher price as LPG. We currently have no nuclear power plants and our Howard government has recently made a push to start building some. Does that mean we're going for nuclear weapons as well? No. We're trying to safeguard Australia from the impending oil crash and to make Australia more self sufficient.

That should be the goal of all nations, and I suspect Iran is doing the same because there is simply no evidence that points otherwise.

[edit on 14/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Im still not entirely convinced Iran is after nuclear weapons. There is a very good reason why Iran would want nuclear power. If Iran can reduce it's use of fossil fuels for generating electricity then that is oil that can be sold to others at ever increasing profit margins. Since the United States has placed an economic embargo on Iran for decades, it is a great way for Iran to generate wealth.

That should be the goal of all nations, and I suspect Iran is doing the same because there is simply no evidence that points otherwise.

Well, we differ of opinion then. I think Iran wants to use its uraniun enrichment program to produce nuclear weapons. Maybe not immediately, but certainly in the long term. As I quoted in another thread, there's more than 40KG of uranium missing, primarily stolen or ''missing'' from former Soviet states. Iran is a country that does have the actual power to buy stolen uranium.

So the claim coming from Pro Zionist and Pro Bush that Iran would solely enrich uranium for evil purposes is unfounded. If Iran would need the iranium so badly for cruel purposes, it would be much easier for them to buy it on the black market, which they probably already did.

If you read my source hereunder you'll see Israel buys uranium from the Russian mafia, in order to prevent it from falling into the hands of terrorists and to bolster its own arsenal. Rense might be not the most reliable source, but it sounds pretty logical to me, and if so, why would Iran not be capable of doing so? Money is money whether it's coming from Iran or Israel, criminals don't care.

Iran doesn't suffer of the US economic embargo as they have long term contracts with both China and India. Iran is one of the biggest suppliers of crude oil to China, one of the reasons China does not want a war to break out. Your reason that the uranium enrichment would be used to generate electricity might also be very true. Why shouldn't they? There will be a day that their fossil fuel sources will be exhausted, it's pretty logical they want to sell as much as possible rather than using it themselves.

Source

Scientists at the European Trans-Uranium Institute at Karlsruhe in Germany, tracking the movements of all fissionable material from the former Soviet Union,s nuclear arsenal, have raised suspicions that Mossad has purchased some of the material to allegedly stop it falling into the hands of Islamic and other terror groups.

But there is also the real possibility that Israel has gone into the nuclear black market to buy fissionable material to bolster its own huge nuclear arsenal.

Israel already has one of the world,s largest arsenals - more than capable of decimating all its Arab neighbours. Its 200 nuclear bombs and missiles are stockpiled in the Negev desert.

The suspicion that Israel has also started to buy material stolen from the former Soviet Union surfaced a year ago when a quantity of Uranium-235 was found in the Paris apartment of three criminals known to broker arms deals with terror groups like al-Qaeda.

Source

Zaitseva said that, over the past 10 years, at least 88
pounds (40 kg) of weapons-usable uranium and plutonium
had been stolen from poorly protected nuclear facilities
in the former Soviet Union. While most of this material
subsequently was retrieved, at least 4.4 pounds (2 kg)
of highly enriched uranium stolen from a reactor in
Georgia remains missing.

Other thefts have included several fuel rods that
disappeared from a research reactor in the Congo in the
mid-1990s. While one of these fuel rods later resurfaced
in Italy -- reportedly in the hands of the Mafia -- the
other has not been found.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Iranian Cleric said today that they will hit Tel Aviv if there is even one iota of Aggression. I guess they are tiring of Israels threats and rhetoric. Can't say I blame them . 10 years of harrassment would drive anyone crazy to have the threat of an attack loom over ones head, especially when its something imagined.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad says something:

Yay! What a stand up guy! How honest! How noble! What a wonderful guy! We love you, Ahmie!

Bush/Israel says something:

LIAR!!!
He's only saying that to look good. He's trying to throw us off the scent. Impeach! Evil! You suck!

:shk: And to think, for a while I fell into the same camp, though opposite.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
:shk: And to think, for a while I fell into the same camp, though opposite.

Thanks for your contribution Jake

top topics

join