It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostonaught Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've just found this video on youtube, it was poste only a day ago and a search brang nothing up so i was hoping maybe some one could clear this up for me in the video the light source in the background disappears!?? The astronaut that comes along does seem transparent at points, and as a comment on the site youtube points out in frame 1:11 the astronauts pack seems to be translusent as well with the horizon line going right through it.

Is this natural phenomena can anyone explain this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Light still was in the lense, its like when you close your eyes really hard and fast and you still see the light and objects from before, when the astronaut passed by, as you can see the horizon line fades a bit over his body.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Now I'm sure there is a technical term for what I would call 'extremely crappy old camera that had to be built to endure the stresses of launch (lenses, body, motors, etc.), coupled with old film that was also probably bombarded with radiation along the journey, not that I know anything about motion pictures.'

No one knows this term?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Im sorry but i dont understand your saying because light was still in the lense the astronaughts just appear transparent? I'll take your word for it there cant be any other explanation thx.

Oh yeah but where does the light source in the background go theres a sphere of light in the background that just disappears on frame 1:02?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sphere of light? What, the reflective surface behind him when he turns and moves to his left a bit?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's an artifact of early video cameras.
The old tube cameras were subject to image burn like that, where a bright object leaves ghosting on the image tube for a few seconds. You can see these effects in lots of old live TV broadcasts.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The old tube cameras were subject to image burn like that, where a bright object leaves ghosting on the image tube for a few seconds. You can see these effects in lots of old live TV broadcasts.

Yup, it's very similar to staring at a bright light for a moment and then still seeing the light after looking away for a few minutes.

new topics

top topics

join