It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partial Birth Abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
As soon as you say something is, it isnt - Lao Tse

remember that the next time you start moralizing, schmucks...

Nothing is true, everything is permissable.

Just because some dead guy said something long ago, doesn't make it true - Me, about 10 seconds ago

Remember that Schmuck.

Interesting...I have to remember that when listening to Biblical rantings on abortion... or anything else

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
When it comes to someone's body, I'm sorry, but it is their choice whether they want to screw themselves up or not. This isn't exactly an eloquent way to put it, but it's the way I've always felt. If you deny ANY abortions, you know what will happen? Women will get then from unliscened doctors looking to make money and then there is the added possibility of the woman dying.

Personally, I don't believe in any abortion...no matter when it is done. However, if I was president and asked to define the official limits of this law, I'd let abortion stay legal during any peroid in the pregnancy. Why? Because the government should *never* have any say in how you live or what you do to yourself. As long as you aren't breaking a law (and some people here might throw the "You are murdering a baby" B.S. at me in order to prove me wrong) I don't see a problem with it.

Now, personally, I'd never let my daughter (When/if I ever have one) get an abortion, but that is *my* belief...and beliefs have _no_ place in government...only ideas.

What was it that Rufus said in Dogma?

"It's a lot easier to change an Idea then it is a belief"

As for the comments about "Well she had a right not to sleep around"....

That's easy to say if you don't get out much...but believe it or not, some people enjoy their sexuality and even with condoms, bad things can and will happen. Just because *you* don't have casual sex doesn't mean everyone who does is getting what they deserve when the strip turns colors.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If I was a woman I'd wouldn't get an abortion, however I think the woman should always have the right to decide.

Besides, there are enough humans breathing my oxygen.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
If I was a woman I'd wouldn't get an abortion, however I think the woman should always have the right to decide.

Besides, there are enough humans breathing my oxygen.

I wouldn't either, except in cases of rape.

The problem with our government is that our leaders mix personal beliefs with politics. This is a recipe for disaster. Personal beliefs have no place in government. I beleive all options, provided they do not hurt anyone but yourself. You'll have a ton of people who will tell me that these women are hurting their "Baby" but like I said, everyone should be free to do anything they want, so long as it does not hurt anyone but you or something inside of you.

My stance is a strange one too, I'll admit. I "Believe" its wrong, but politically, feel it should be left as is.

Of course, I'm the man that feels pot, prostituion, and victimless crimes should be legalized.

Aren't I a bad bad man?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
kai Raega, I did not say that a woman should not sleep around, I said that she has the choice not too. My point was that women have a lot of choices in the matter. I also said that if accidents happen she does not have to wait 8 months to have an abortion. Most woman know within 3 months if they are pregnant. Do it then. It would be much less traumatic for her if she does it early than if she waits to the point where she has had the baby growing in her for a long time.

I also think that it is a cultural thing. British Columbia extremely discourages doctors from telling parents what the sex of the baby will be, especially with some cultures. This is because these cultures want to have a boy and not a girl. If they find out they are having a girl they will often abort it. This is where a lot of partial birth abortions come in, you can't tell the sex of a baby until it is farther along in development.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom

Interesting...I have to remember that when listening to Biblical rantings on abortion... or anything else

None of my rantings are biblical, I am atheist/agnostic. You can find numerous posts of mine to show this. I don't depend on organised religion to define my morals. I set my morals for myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
quite frankly, I'm pro-death. abortion, death penalty, euthanasia, it should all be legal. the less people on my planet, the better. (I'm absolutely serious.)

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
quite frankly, I'm pro-death. abortion, death penalty, euthanasia, it should all be legal. the less people on my planet, the better. (I'm absolutely serious.)

lol more oxygen for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yes, the following phrase is cliche, but I feel it should be used here.

Best.Post.Ever.

There I said it. Now get lost.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

A) The planet is not overcrowded. Merely mismanaged.
B) The planet is not your planet.
C) If you feel this way, lead the way, smoke a .38 today. Leave the innocent of innocent out of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
C) If you feel this way, lead the way, smoke a .38 today. Leave the innocent of innocent out of it.

as for #3, I've already tried. have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I was just wondering how anyone could support partial-birth abortion, a practice that is thankfully banned. Any support for something that close to infanticide puzzles and disturbs me greatly

Partial Birth Abortion should count as a murder. You are killing a fully or almost fully developed human.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   

as for #3, I've already tried. have a nice day.

No, you didn't. You demanded attention. Had you been serious, you wouldn't be typing on a computer on this side of reality.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   

No, you didn't. You demanded attention. Had you been serious, you wouldn't be typing on a computer on this side of reality.

feel free to read my posts about it in RATS. I assure you I wasn't. my point is, I've already put my money where my mouth is.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Back to the topic at hand, partial birth abortion was made illegal today, Bush signed the papers. I guess that is one thing I agree with him on.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can't really put my feet in womans shoe that was raped, but I think abortion is wrong. Not matter how big the baby is. Yes it is a baby, it's still wrong. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't visit blogs.
Had you smoked your .38, had you wanted to check out, you wouldn't be at the nboard telling folks about it, for whatever you'd be telling folks about it. The last suicide I went to, that guy wanted to check out. He put two bullets in his head. He wasn't just looking for attention.

By the way, owner of the world, come tell the neighbors to clean their yard up. Take ownership.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Dear Satyr,

I spend Wednesday evenings with my grandson, so last night I was having fun with him. He is only 2-1/2 years old. Last night he said something to me he had never said before "Mum! It's raining 'side!" And it was raining outside. Every time I have him he surprises with his new knowledge...and his funny, funny facial expressions (very emotive).

He is 2-1/2 years old, but he should only be 2 years and 3 months old. That's because he was born 12 weeks premature. That puts him at the VERY BEGINNING of the third trimester.

He looked like a half-baked dumpling when he was born...something that needed to go back in the oven a while. 4 lbs, 1 oz.

I don't think you want to know what I think of any woman who has agreed to this procedure or any doctor who has performed it. It is an procedure to ease the consciences of the people involved by not fully delivering a living child. And don't even attempt to describe these children as anything less than that.

Here's proof of my statements...my grandson at 4 months of age...but really only 1 month old by his delivery date!

My grandson at his first Halloween, dressed as Punkin-Head the Demon of Revenge!

My grandson at one year old!

My grandson last Christmas!

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
is it banned?

I thought it waas in the process of possibly being banned in the USA

and to be honest, I support it in certain circumstances, eg danger to the mothers life.. If you need to abort during the second trimester, then this is the only procedure that can be used safely.

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by mulberryblueshimmer]

If you can carry the kid through most of the 9 months, but at the last chance decide to ditch it, then thats just a bunch of bull. People who think that its ok to kill innocent children deserve to be hit multiple times in the head.

You can't justify this cruel method of murder.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
WAKE UP LIberals! It's called Infanticide or more commonly MURDER! I personally beleive the government has NO BUSINESS telling a woman what she can and can't do with her OWN BODY. I REFUSE to pay for ANY abortion but I think it shold be legal in the FIRST few weeks PERIOD.

I won't attempt to decide or even discuss when a fetus becomes a Human but I guarentee you by the second trimester it IS a PERSON as evidenced by MY GRANDSON'S photos in my wife's (Valhall) post.

This whole bloody mess, pun INTENDED, is on the verge of evil. I don't get it. It's sick IMHO.

P...
m...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join