It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ceasefire over then?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So the palestinian girl who got a bullet through her head while at her school desk what was she? a combatant?

come on Israel has killed plenty of civilians!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As peace breaks out in the Levant, there have been reports of fierce exchanges along the border between CNN ground-forces and Al-Jazeera insurgents. With the Western world so dependant on the M.E. for its supply of bad-news, the promise of an Israeli/Hezb'allah ceasefire today pushed the price of bad-news to an all-new high on the New York stock exchange. In a statement, Fox Media says that it has completed trials of 'synthetically modified bad-news' in the US and is negotiating production under licence to several interested parties

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was somewhat hoping that this would be a "ceasefire" of sorts on this site. Side taking, finger pointing, blame games, and the rest of it. By the time "Give Peace a Chance" was posted by someone else, it seems that a ceasefire was already forgotten and we slipped back into "who's right, who's wrong." It's time to stop playing these games and work for it to stop, because this is exactly the same fighting that is breaking this ceasefire before it ever got to 24 hours. Chips on shoulders, and no one going to shrug them off for a peaceful resolution, because that may involve breaking away from this obsession with taking a side.

:shk: ( I have a feeling that will more than likely be my emoticon of the day) :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel

OK, and what about the 1000 plus civilians that Israel have murdered over the past month? Does that make them terrorists too? No, not according to the media it doesnt. Wake up and smell the propoganda friend...

Israelis have not murdered them. Murder implies intent. Israel has never intended to murder innocent civilians.

They only attack sites that Hezbollah launch rockets from, or base their operations from.

They drop brochures warning civilians to GET OUT.

It is not murder, it is the very unfortunate and tragic side effect of fighting an enemy THAT HIDES AMONG CIVILIANS.

While Im all for approaching reported news with a critical mind, sometimes you just have to let go of the conspiracy paranoia and face the facts.

Hezbollah have not been hiding amongst the population otherwise Israel would have killed a lot more of them.
Israel have targeted school and hospitals which are apparently owned by Hezbollah, this is because Hezbollah are part of the government. These places are STILL schools and hospitals and attacking them is against the Geneva Convention.
And I am sorry but attacking civilian targets and civilian cities indicates to me that they had intent, and did not care about who got in the way of their bombs.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And as for dropping leaflets to tell the civilians to get out, they dropped these leaflets after destroying all major roads and escape routes and targetting unmarked vehicles which 'apparently' had hezbollah fighters in them. This is not giving them a chance.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
So the palestinian girl who got a bullet through her head while at her school desk what was she? a combatant?

come on Israel has killed plenty of civilians!

How many times does it have to be said....

Israel is NOT INTENTIONALLY TARGETING THESE PEOPLE.

Hezbollah is OPERATING FROM WITHIN THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS.

It is unfortunate and very sad, however if Hezbollah grew some balls and stopped hiding amongst innocent people this would not be happening.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Lebanon had it coming.

This is the WOT people... Israeli style.

Too bad the USA doesn't carry a BIG stick like the Israelis.

The real hypocrites are the USA military... Not really fighting the WOT as promised after 9/11. Just a bunch of PC nonsense that sets up our boys to get wacked while being paraded around like a bunch of ducks... With no real retribution.

Israel understands what it takes to get the job done... And once again they have shown the world how you deal with Islamoterrorists.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkUK
And as for dropping leaflets to tell the civilians to get out, they dropped these leaflets after destroying all major roads and escape routes and targetting unmarked vehicles which 'apparently' had hezbollah fighters in them. This is not giving them a chance.

Ok and you know this because you were there?

Looks like im not the only one 'buying into the propaganda'.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
and what about the footage of the other palestinian girl who was machinegunned by a tank and found to have over 150 bullets in her?

I'm sorry but there's plenty of evidence to show Israel has deliberately targeted civilians in the past.

What about the massacre of the two refugee camps Shabra and Shatila by then General Ariel Sharon?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ok and you know this because you were there?

Looks like im not the only one 'buying into the propaganda'.

No, I know this because I watch the news, something you obviously have not been doing. This whole thing is a set up, the war on terror is a none-sense war like the war on drugs. It cannot be won, ever. Israel's response to hezbollah kidnapping two soldiers is disproportionate. What you seem to forget is that Hezbollah DID NOT attack Israel first, they kidnapped two soldiers. Does this really warrant the destruction of Lebanon's infrastucture? I dont think so.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Lebanon had it coming.

The real hypocrites are the USA military... Not really fighting the WOT as promised after 9/11. Just a bunch of PC nonsense that sets up our boys to get wacked while being paraded around like a bunch of ducks... With no real retribution.

Israel understands what it takes to get the job done... And once again they have shown the world how you deal with Islamoterrorists.

My God there is no answer to such bigoted incomprehensible ignorance. People like you won't be happy until everyone in the world is dead.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Hezbollah have not been hiding amongst the population otherwise Israel would have killed a lot more of them.

Dude....where else are they attacking from... Do you seriously think Israel is just attacking residential areas for the hell of it?

Israel have targeted school and hospitals which are apparently owned by Hezbollah, this is because Hezbollah are part of the government. These places are STILL schools and hospitals and attacking them is against the Geneva Convention.

Hezbollah having TWO members of parliament does not mean they can act as an independent body within the state and attack a sovereign nation. Yes its terrible that schools and hospitals are being attacked - but isnt it equally as bad to use those places as staging areas for assaults on a sovereign nation? Hezbollah makes them targets by doing exactly this.

And I am sorry but attacking civilian targets and civilian cities indicates to me that they had intent, and did not care about who got in the way of their bombs.

Again....Hezbollah is attacking from these places so what is Israel supposed to do? Shrug and say "oh well too bad, best go home and get in our bomb shelters".

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams

Originally posted by golemina
Lebanon had it coming.

My God there is no answer to such incomprehensible ignorance. People like you won't be happy until everyone in the world is dead.

Hea hear brother! There is no talking to some people, so completely brainwashed into believing that the 'Axis of Evil' is out there and needs to be crushed. What people forget is that it is the USA and my country, the UK who are the major aggressors.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Dude....where else are they attacking from... Do you seriously think Israel is just attacking residential areas for the hell of it?

Hezbollah having TWO members of parliament does not mean they can act as an independent body within the state and attack a sovereign nation. Yes its terrible that schools and hospitals are being attacked - but isnt it equally as bad to use those places as staging areas for assaults on a sovereign nation? Hezbollah makes them targets by doing exactly this.

Again....Hezbollah is attacking from these places so what is Israel supposed to do? Shrug and say "oh well too bad, best go home and get in our bomb shelters".

Like I said previously, have you actually watched the news? Hezbollah have been attacking from the countryside, groves of trees etc, not from Schools and Hospitals or from the cities. I have seen several reports of Lebanese civilians saying that there are no hezbollah positions where they are but still they get bombed. If Israel are so righteous in their actions then how is it that they, and not Hezbollah are to be investigated for war crimes?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

No, I know this because I watch the news, something you obviously have not been doing.

Sorry but I work for a Senator who heads up the Foreign Affairs, Defense and Trade commitee. So I actually see a lot of information on this matter on a daily basis, a lot of which doesnt make the news.

This whole thing is a set up, the war on terror is a none-sense war like the war on drugs. It cannot be won, ever. Israel's response to hezbollah kidnapping two soldiers is disproportionate. What you seem to forget is that Hezbollah DID NOT attack Israel first, they kidnapped two soldiers. Does this really warrant the destruction of Lebanon's infrastucture? I dont think so.

Yes hezbollah kidnapped two soldiers. What you seem to forget is that Hezbollah is a NON STATE ORGANISATION. It IS NOT the Lebanese military. It DOES NOT work with the authority of the Lebanese Government.

They are a bunch of terrorists who have kidnapped Defence force members of a Sovereign nation. Now you would think that the Lebanese government would do something about this, unfortunately they are impotent in this matter and CANNOT do anything. So what should Israel do? Shrug their shoulders and say "oh well our guys got kidnapped, thems the breaks".

HELL NO. This is not a Country attacking another country, this is a minority terrorist group attacking and kidnapping the soldiers of a foreign nations defense force.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Ezekiel]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
so why exactly did Israel attack the UN compound er 24 times?

Why did they hit clearly marked ambulances on their way to and immediately outside the hospital.

Israel policy has always been to not care who gets caught in the crossfire, whether its reprisals as in Munich, whether it's tracking down Nazis or bulldozing Gaza buildings with people in them in the middle of the night, or using an Apache to take down 1 guy in a car full of people or house filled with children.

I'm personally not pro-arab or pro-israel. I sure as hell would never submit to Islamic rule but Israel is acting like an abused child that goes onto become the abuser. Yes the jews suffered terribly in WW2 but my oh my they have gone on to act with an impunity and unchecked aggression that seems to be without conscience. Many came to the fledgeling state of Israel having suffered under an occupying force - the Nazis - and yet Israel has been an occupying force expanding for 'living space' and ghetto-ising the palestinians in almost a reflection of Germany in WW2.

There is an inordinate amount of blood on Israels hands not just in this conflict but in the whole Palestinian affair.

Hizbollah may not be in the right I agree but Israel is mean't be an enlightened, educated and powerful state in which case it should show some leadership. and get some therapy.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, I know this because I watch the news, something you obviously have not been doing.

Sorry but I work for a Senator who heads up the Foreign Affairs, Defense and Trade commitee. So I actually see a lot of information on this matter on a daily basis, a lot of which doesnt make the news.

This whole thing is a set up, the war on terror is a none-sense war like the war on drugs. It cannot be won, ever. Israel's response to hezbollah kidnapping two soldiers is disproportionate. What you seem to forget is that Hezbollah DID NOT attack Israel first, they kidnapped two soldiers. Does this really warrant the destruction of Lebanon's infrastucture? I dont think so.

Yes hezbollah kidnapped two soldiers. What you seem to forget is that Hezbollah is a NON STATE ORGANISATION. It IS NOT the Lebanese military. It DOES NOT work with the authority of the Lebanese Government.

They are a bunch of terrorists who have kidnapped Defence force members of a Sovereign nation. Now you would think that the Lebanese government would do something about this, unfortunately they are impotent in this matter and CANNOT do anything. So what should Israel do? Shrug their shoulders and say "oh well our guys got kidnapped, thems the breaks".

HELL NO. This is not a Country attacking another country, this is a minority terrorist group attacking and kidnapping the soldiers of a foreign nations defense force.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Ezekiel]

Ok, if you want to believe the rhetoric of your 'always correct and righteous' goverment, the obvious saviours of the free world then that is entirely your perogative. I on the other hand have opened my eyes to the BS that the spew out on a daily basis. I wish I could be grateful to them for keeping these 'terrorist' groups at bay but unfortunately I dont believe any of it. Hezbollah have several times said that they will cease firing when Israel do, and Israel have ignored this over and over again. Israel have no intentions of stopping the fighting as their intention is to annex another piece of another sovereign nation as they did with the Golem Heights etc. Israel have been ordered before to leave the Golem Heights and have ignored this order, even though it comes from the UN. Israel are a law unto themselves and unless they are very careful they are going to bring down the wrath of the entire muslim contingient in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ok, if you want to believe the rhetoric of your 'always correct and righteous' goverment, the obvious saviours of the free world then that is entirely your perogative.

Im Australian BTW. So we really dont have that much of a vested interest in Israel.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ok, if you want to believe the rhetoric of your 'always correct and righteous' goverment, the obvious saviours of the free world then that is entirely your perogative.

Im Australian BTW. So we really dont have that much of a vested interest in Israel.

No, but you will do when the trigger for WW3 is initiated. Australia is still a part of Sovereign Britain and so, as always, Tony Blair and co will not only be calling on me and my friends to bolster their armed forces when they run out of men, but they will be calling on you as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Dark I think you're asking for it there with the sovereign Britain remark - go easy on him Ezekiel! Aussies are fiercely proud of their independence.

However, Australia has taken a hard move to the right over recent years dare I say even downright belligerent in its attitude to immigration and the war on terror. Where does your senator stand on this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join