It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first language?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
ENGLISH WAS THE FIRST LANGUAGE

i'd be more than happy to prove english was the first language.

This one wins my vote for "funniest post on ATS"!!!! I loved the use of the misspelled Greek and Egyptian names for Khufu. He could have made it funnier if he used Khufu's real full name, but it might have been harder to work up the joke.

The others have been interesting posts, but this one just broke up the seriousness and really made me laugh!

laughter is good for the soul.

english was still the first language, perhaps.....

Khufu .... . .. . (is this his name?)

Cheops by some. . .. . (correct?)

KHUFU, but the "h" decieves, for it makes no sound....

b.c. to a.d. a mirror in time i see. ... . .

kuf u [mirror] u fuk

cheops [mirror] spoech

u f** spoech , or f** u spoech?

you f* speach?

or . . ..

f** you speach?

7 examples are seen my sis
examples from the pages of genesis:

edun [mirror] nude

who was nude in the garden of edun?

adam is a dam [mirror] mad a (add a silent "e" to mad) = made a

adam made a what? atom made a what?

made a man name .. ...

man [mirror] nam (add a silent "e" to mad war of nam) = name

adam the atom made a man name?

fell is fel [mirror] lef (but add a silent alpha's "a") = leaf

what kind of leaf?

fig if christ is not first, but if christ's symbol is put first, then fig is tfig, + fig (add symbol is "+", placed before the fall) =

fig to +fig

+fig [mirror] gif+ is gift.

who put it on first, who saw the first mirror?

the first incorruptible:

eve [mirror] eve.

why?

thigh lie love.

thy lie love.

the "l" of love is the alpha.

thi li L [mirror] Lilith

english not the first language???

you may be right, perhaps.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Actually I'd say English is one of the youngest languages in the world. By that, I mean it has undergone a great deal of change over the last 700 or so years. The other European languages have had far less diverse influences. English is an amalgam of Germanic, Scandanavian and Latin tongues. It's a stripped down simplified language altered to allow waves of settlers to communicate with eachother. None of that masculine/feminine crap. We used to have it (i.e. blond & blonde), but threw it out.

It also explains why it's so compact. English is 30% more succint than french. And chinese? Chinese is old. That's why it's writing system is so damn complicated.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

what do you mean "WAS"
it still is isn't it

its so popular Bill Gates tried to invent a U.S. version
all that money and technology and he still can't spell colour

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

i'd be more than happy to prove english was the first language.

This one wins my vote for "funniest post on ATS"!!!! I loved the use of the misspelled Greek and Egyptian names for Khufu. He could have made it funnier if he used Khufu's real full name, but it might have been harder to work up the joke.

The others have been interesting posts, but this one just broke up the seriousness and really made me laugh!

laughter is good for the soul.

english was still the first language, perhaps.....

Khufu .... . .. . (is this his name?)

Cheops by some. . .. . (correct?)

Well, no. That's not his actual name.

And English wasn't the first language... we have no manuscripts in English that go back further than 1000 AD (though there's Germanic inscriptions in the languages that would become English that date to 400 aD) :
www.litencyc.com...

Before that, English didn't exist. Manuscripts were in Greek, Latin, Egyptian, Sumerian, Etruscan, Sanskrit, etc, etc. There are even Olmec inscriptions that are older than the Old English writings.

English has changed through those ages. Here's the "Our Father" in Old English (dates from about 1200 AD):

Fæder ure,
ðu ðe eart on heofenum,
si ðin nama gehalgod;
to-becume ðin rice;
geweorþe ðin willa on eorðan swa swa on heofenum.
Urne ge dæghwamlican hlaf syle us to-deag,
and forgyf us ure gyltas
swa swa we forgifaþ urum gyltendum,
ane ne gelæde ðu us on costnunge, ac alys us of yfle.
Amen
lphrc.org...

Languages are complex things, and words are built upon the root meanings of other languages. So we see in English that our words are constructed from older languages. The study of how words came to be is called "etymology" and there's a very interesting etymology dictionary (which is really kind of brief) online that can be used as a quick reference on how words developed.
www.etymonline.com...

Here's an excellent page on English and its many forms:
eleaston.com...

Khufu had a number of names -- a first name and a last name and a number of Royal Names that he used. His "name" (as we might think of our own names) is actually "Khnum Khufu" and spelled in Ancient Egyptian as "Kufu" or "Kfu":
www.narmer.pl...

...and by the way, the inscriptions where his name is found most certainly aren't in English.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just to throw it in here, every rabbi I remember talking to states Hebrew was.
Now I say it depends on what you call Hebrew.
Cause I dont see it that way.
Now I will say Hungarian might be up for the running.

In all seriousness, just to note, Hungarian is a fascinating language. My wife can really come up with some really interesting perspectives on the words themselves...almost like doing gematria...but with Hungarian. Really interesting stuff, but Im fumbling over my english explanation of this as it is, so I wont attempt to go further.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
And chinese? Chinese is old. That's why it's writing system is so damn complicated.

But complication doesn't mean a language is ancient. Roman numerals are complicated, but much simpler and advanced Indian numerals were used ~500 years before Romans. Even the people of Indus civilization used the decimal system circa 3300-1600 BCE.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I say it one of the african languages,sanskrit,tamil

or just symbolism

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
But it would be really hard to figure what the first language was.Mainly beucase all languages influence each other,people borrow,concepts,sounds,gods,etc. so trying to find will be like leading to some older each time.It never ends.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thought I'd pass this on to anyone interested in first lang-Ice Age Lang Theory

This challenges existing thinking, which suggests Aboriginal languages developed from a proto-language that spread through Australia 5000 to 6000 years ago.

The key to the new hypothesis is prehistoric Australia's single land mass 13,000 to 28,000 years ago, when New Guinea and Tasmania were still attached, says Dr Mark Clendon in the journal Current Anthropology.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think that one of the earliest languages would be one of the following(if not already said):
Mespotanian-(or sumthing like that)
Egyptian-you know hierglyphes, if that even counts
japanese-because they were known in all the battles n what not etc.
Chinese-they made rice and had most the materials for lots of products(im pretty sure)
Italian-like in Rome etc.
Latin-My best bet because theyve been around forever id swear

And any other european(cant spell it) language that i forgot that could be on there.

O also i guess some Indian language would also work.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Fæder ure,
ðu ðe eart on heofenum,
si ðin nama gehalgod;
to-becume ðin rice;
geweorþe ðin willa on eorðan swa swa on heofenum.
Urne ge dæghwamlican hlaf syle us to-deag,
and forgyf us ure gyltas
swa swa we forgifaþ urum gyltendum,
ane ne gelæde ðu us on costnunge, ac alys us of yfle.
Amen
lphrc.org...

that looks surprisingly similar to nordic or old norse (icelandic)

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Old English (also called Anglo-Saxon and Englisc) is an early form of the English language that was spoken in parts of what is now England and southern Scotland between the mid-fifth century and the mid-twelfth century. It is a West Germanic language and therefore is closely related to Old Frisian and Old Saxon. It also experienced heavy influence from Old Norse, a member of the related North Germanic group of languages.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
yup, that explains it. english is an derivative of old norse. we own ya britons

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
My best guess would be the aboriginal native americans (First Nations) spoke the first languages because, they are the indigenous inhabitants of the american continent. Everyone is speaking of Europe, why are you all lacking the view over here?! Perhaps it's about time to include the east and the west in this discussion.

7A

[edit on 21-12-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

yup, that explains it. english is an derivative of old norse. we own ya britons

well seeing as presently our genetic make up is a mixture of french, belgian and norse I'd happily give the Norse the rights to the country

Lesser of three evils and all that

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It is my understanding that Hiburu (an early form of Hebrew) is thought to be the first language, considered a "root Language", the sounds formed are the same as the phosfene flare patterns produced by the brain and is said to be a natural language

Look up "The Meru Foundation"

The lost Enochian knowledge reveals the mother tongue as a "language of Light". Known to the ancients as HIBURU, it is the primal seed language, introduced at the beginning of this time cycle. Modern research confirms, the most ancient form Hebrew to be a natural language, the alphabetic forms emerging from the phosphene flare patterns of the brain. The same shapes, in fact, born of a spinning vortex. It is a true language of light, coursing through our very nervous system.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
hebrew evolved from Northwest Semitic
en.wikipedia.org...

The Northwest Semitic languages form a medium-level division of the Semitic language family. The languages of this group are spoken by approximately eight million people today. The group is generally divided into three branches: Ugaritic (extinct), Canaanite (including Hebrew) and Aramaic. Semiticists often group the Northwest Semitic languages together with Arabic to form the larger Central Semitic group: noting Arabic's distinctive relationship to the languages of this group.

the claim that it has something to do with lightwaves is quite laughable and totally erroneous
still
takes all sorts doesnt it

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
bushmen? first language? would of been the first humans?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, I have seen literally dozens and dozens of your posts, in which you anagram and jumble words, mirror image them, too.

I too could do that, and show a different outcome as well. As you have shown, it is subject to much interpretation. Usually to suit your needs.

esoteric teacher = it reaches = it's a reach.
[thats the short version, btw]

And I think that most of your anagrams or whatever you would call them are just that, a bit of a reach.

I still don't understand what you are trying to prove by doing this. It truly proves nothing, other than being a quaint little word exercise

At least not in the context of this thread.

English was not the first language, of this I am certain.

[edit on 12/22/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Could someone please tell me what the earliest known speakable language was?

CX.

Arab!
It is the language of Allah the mighty god. At least that is what Qooran says.

Logically it is impossible Allah the God spoke "tagalog" to Adam and Eve, so it must be Arabic. It has to be Arabic, the one and only Allah's language.
Prove me wrong, ask Arabs!
1.5 billion people can't be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join