It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Bible Codes real?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
Once quatam computers are made they too will find deeper codes within books such as Moby dick, Alice in Wonderland even transcripts of Television programmes.

Why carnt you find future events now. Now is as good time as any what with all the build up in in the middle east.

Once quantum computers have been developed we may find out more about the code, at the moment we haven't fully deciphered the code. But we have enough to work on, so many events have been found against such high mathematical odds that we know we have cracked the basis of the code we just need more powerful machines to help us.

About seeing the future codes, this gets on my goat a little bit because there is no way of knowing when you find a code whether its going to happen or not. This is because of random code or people picking out bible codes that are mathematically possible in any book and then stating it will happen because it was found in the bible.

Check out this extract from the digest website about why the bible codes cant yet be used to foretell the future:

Can Bible codes be used to predict the future or to discover new truths?
No. Here are six reasons: 1) Codes are typically open to multiple interpretations since the text used has no vowels or syntax markings and Hebrew is a very terse language. 2) We often can’t be sure where spaces between words should be. 3) There is no assurance that the code(s) comprise the whole message. 4) It might just be a coincidence. 5) Clusters about different events could simply overlap, so how could we be certain that just because two codes were close to one another, they must be related. 6) Finally, copying errors by ancient scribes, or changes in spelling conventions, may have changed the spacing a bit, creating some unintended ELSs. If codes provided a message that contradicted the literal text, it would be foolish to accept its content as preferable—given all of the uncertainties just cited.

Source:
www.biblecodedigest.com...

The codes about the future are in there but as said before there hard to decipher from random code so if you have say Israel crossed with 2006 and atomic holocaust it may seem relevant but it could just be random code we dont know inless it happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by krax
Ok...im going to clairfy what i know, it is such rubbish, i downloaded the software you use for bible codes, i searched words in revelations alone, and this is the amount i got from revelations, just 1 book...

krax - 5

chip - 2

and - 4

help - 1

aliobigmac - 0

alio - 1

this is in 1 book, if you search any word using the whole bible it will come up...

Whats your point well done you can find words in a code try finding a cluster then use the odds calculator to see whats the chance of the cluster happening by accident or not.

Maybe try looking for well known clusters and have a look your self at the odds of those clusters happening by accident.

The point is and ive said this alreasy in this post so please read my posts before posting stuff like this. The clusters that have been found in the bible are beyond mathematical chance that they happened by accident, proof of this is that in any other long text ever used has not been able to turn up clusters against such high odds in fact know where even close to the odds of some of the clusters found in the bible code.

Researchers for the bible codes have recently found a cluster that the chance it could be there by accident is less than one in 60,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

Have a look for yourself:

Now if your still so skeptical try uploading a different long text in to your bible code software and do what skeptics have beent trying to do for the last five years and find a code outside the bible text that has a cluster beyond matematical chance good luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
After just watching the horizon documentry on the bible codes im quite convinced by it all personally.

A man in this documentry made three predictions the third being nuclear war in 2006 start of wwIII

interesting with the latest political moves from countries around the world korea etc even more interesting with iran

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been to this site for years now, and can say absolutely not. Of course I've read some of the predictions of some of these bible codes have said, but I haven't seen one that has been right, or something that didn't have to do with people saying they guessed it only after it happened. Of course in the essence of it being false you can't predict something from a fiction book in the first place.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, I have to say that I am slightly skeptical. I mean, I'm sure it can be done tha same way wit tons of books. But, I'll admit that I believe in God and after seein' sum of tha astronomical odds stacked against it, I kind of feel less skeptical. I'm still uncertain as to if these "codes" exist, but I will admit that u have peaked my curiosity, and I will look more into this.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by PaperChaser]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i too am a bit skeptical..maybe if the bible hadn't been translated, and re written so many times...we'll just need to keep waiting for one of these prophecies to manifest

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
how many times was the torah translated?

and as a side note isn't it meant to be a sin to change the word of god

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xithilinx
I've been to this site for years now, and can say absolutely not. Of course I've read some of the predictions of some of these bible codes have said, but I haven't seen one that has been right, or something that didn't have to do with people saying they guessed it only after it happened. Of course in the essence of it being false you can't predict something from a fiction book in the first place.

Ok my friend your more than entitled to your opinion, but your argument is cr#p, what has you being on this site for years got to do with your lnowledge of the bible codes? from what ive seen peoples knowledge of the bible code on this site is limited (sorry guys!) thats why i have written so many posts to wake up peoples curiosity on the subject.

Please read previous posts they explain the bible code cant yet be used to see the future. Do any research at all to find out the codes about our history we've found are way beyond mathematical chance.

All i ask is do a little bit of research and then come back with your opinion im pretty sure even if your not turned you certainly wont say "absolutely not"

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperChaser
Well, I have to say that I am slightly skeptical. I mean, I'm sure it can be done tha same way wit tons of books.

Just to explain the above point: you can find code clusters in any text the thing about the bible code is the code clusters that are found are way beyond mathematical chance the code clusters found in moby dick for example dont get close to beyond mathematical chance. The skeptics challenge at the moment is to find a code cluster in another text other than the bible that is beyond mathematical chance - they haven't been able to yet. And even when/if they do thats 1 against the dozens of beyond mathematical chance clusters found in the torah.

But, I'll admit that I believe in God and after seein' sum of tha astronomical odds stacked against it, I kind of feel less skeptical. I'm still uncertain as to if these "codes" exist, but I will admit that u have peaked my curiosity, and I will look more into this.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by PaperChaser]

Well good luck with your bible code quest glad i have finally peaked someone's curiosity if you have any questions or want references to good websites or find any revealing evidence for or against just let me know i'll be happy to help.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by devolution
i too am a bit skeptical..maybe if the bible hadn't been translated, and re written so many times...we'll just need to keep waiting for one of these prophecies to manifest

Just for one last time the bible codes are very difficult to use as prophecy only a handful of bible codes that have been found about the future have come true read my posts on this thread as to why the bible codes cant be used as prophecy.

Point 2 is the torah is not supposed to of changed since the time it was passed down character by character to moses on mount synai. only professionally trained scribes are allowed to make new copies of the torah, copies are hand written, and the scribe is told it would be an almighty sin against god to change even 1 character when copying. It is this that lead to geniuses thinking the bible could be encoded.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The torah wasnt passed down from Moses on Mt. Synai...

...And yes, it had changed, because it was an oral recollection for a good thousand years before it was ever written down.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos

Ok my friend your more than entitled to your opinion, but your argument is cr#p, what has you being on this site for years got to do with your lnowledge of the bible codes? from what ive seen peoples knowledge of the bible code on this site is limited (sorry guys!) thats why i have written so many posts to wake up peoples curiosity on the subject.

Please read previous posts they explain the bible code cant yet be used to see the future. Do any research at all to find out the codes about our history we've found are way beyond mathematical chance.

All i ask is do a little bit of research and then come back with your opinion im pretty sure even if your not turned you certainly wont say "absolutely not"

Let's explain - the bible is bunk, end of story.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
The torah wasnt passed down from Moses on Mt. Synai...

Thanks for the info i understand that this point can be a bit tricky for people, especially if your not Jewish, and its a specifically hard event to get my head round as im not religious at all, but the fact remains its a historically important event that happened on Mount Sinai and millions of people believe that it happened, do you know of any proof that didn't happen because if not you shouldnt make statement like the one above.

...And yes, it had changed, because it was an oral recollection for a good thousand years before it was ever written down.

Im not sure about this thanks again for the info. though i'll do a little research see what i can find out, i am pretty sure though that there is strong evidence that says it hasn't changed that much.

Check this source of info. below from the digest website there very respected code researchers.

Tradition among the most devout Jewish scholars holds that everything and everyone that ever was or ever will be was recorded in the text of the first five books of the Bible. Thus, as it was passed down letter by letter from God to Moses, then generation by generation to modern times, great care has been taken to preserve it intact. Rabbis encouraged caution in Torah copyists by reminding them that just one letter lost in their work could bring about the end of the world.

Only very slight changes have occurred in the original text over the 3,200 years since Moses first received it – a wonder that ranks among the great miracles of the ages. As the Torah was preserved by a miracle, so were the Jewish people, despite tremendous persecution and being without a homeland for 19 centuries.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Argos]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the info i understand that this point can be a bit tricky for people, especially if your not Jewish, and its a specifically hard event to get my head round as im not religious at all, but the fact remains its a historically important event that happened on Mount Sinai and millions of people believe that it happened, do you know of any proof that didn't happen because if not you shouldnt make statement like the one above.

No, I mean, seriously, even in the Torah, the Torah doesnt mention being passeddown.

The Ten commands are passed down.

Two very different things.

So yes, I think I can't make that statement, since even by going by the mythology of judaism andchristianity, your factually incorrect.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Let's explain - the bible is bunk, end of story.

Looks like you did that research after all, please why dont you tell me what piece of inspirational evidence did you find to substanciate this claim???????????

Or are you just spouting an opinion based on your own limited knowledge of the bible codes??????

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

No, I mean, seriously, even in the Torah, the Torah doesnt mention being passeddown.

The Ten commands are passed down.

Two very different things.

So yes, I think I can make that statement, since even by going by the mythology of judaism and christianity, your factually incorrect.

A strong message you write their your not calling just me wrong though it is jewish legend that the torah was passed down letter by letter or scroll by scroll to moses at mount sinai. I have to note though some believe that different sections came at different times as well as some that was passed down to moses on mount sinai.

This link has some good reading about the origins of the Torah-

www.myjewishlearning.com...

I guess its an act of faith as to how the Torah was encoded i tend to believe that God/Time Traveller(S)/Aliens passed it down on mount Sinai - but i only believe this because its my opinion based on the research i have done that the bible codes are real so something must of encoded it.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I guess its an act of faith as to how the Torah was encoded i tend to believe that God/Time Traveller(S)/Aliens passed it down on mount Sinai

Oh my God! This is tha 2nd time I have heard that Aliens may have been involved wit Moses on Sinai. I was watchin' a special on this, where they explained their points of view about that very incident. Like when Jesusn was prayin' and Moses and Elijah appeared to him from a ray of light, they believe that they were brought to him by aliens.

Either way, I am very interested in readin' sum of these clusters, and learnin' how to prove them. I went to biblecodedigest or whatever link u posted in tha 1st post and saw tha process. That's what gets me skeptical. Especially since they say they find them forwards and backwards and across each other. But, I really wanna learn about this, becuz I do believe in God and I believe that he might've intentionally put these in tha Bible, but as I find more proof-positive evidence, or proof-negative evidence, then I will make my final decision. Unlike alot of people I am open-minded, unless I can look at sumthin' and kno that they are wrong thru their explanation of y they r right. Anyways, can u show me sum clusters or codes?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I guess its an act of faith as to how the Torah was encoded i tend to believe that God/Time Traveller(S)/Aliens passed it down on mount Sinai

Oh my God! This is tha 2nd time I have heard that Aliens may have been involved wit Moses on Sinai. I was watchin' a special on this, where they explained their points of view about that very incident. Like when Jesusn was prayin' and Moses and Elijah appeared to him from a ray of light, they believe that they were brought to him by aliens.

Either way, I am very interested in readin' sum of these clusters, and learnin' how to prove them. I went to biblecodedigest or whatever link u posted in tha 1st post and saw tha process. That's what gets me skeptical. Especially since they say they find them forwards and backwards and across each other. But, I really wanna learn about this, becuz I do believe in God and I believe that he might've intentionally put these in tha Bible, but as I find more proof-positive evidence, or proof-negative evidence, then I will make my final decision. Unlike alot of people I am open-minded, unless I can look at sumthin' and kno that they are wrong thru their explanation of y they r right. Anyways, can u show me sum clusters or codes?

Would be happy to mate- well to start off have you read michael drosnins books? they are some good background reading for an introduction.

Now for some more background reading read this introduction to the bible codes:

Then i would advise watching these documentaries about the bible code:

video.google.co.uk...

video.google.co.uk...

After the documentaries i would read the FAQ at digest site it just helps fill in the blank spots:

Now as long as your head hasn't overloaded you should have a very good basic knowledge about bible codes. What do you think? Have any questions? If your still interested there is more i can show you but for now any way peace.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Damn it! I had typed out this whole thing when it said I had to use a new topic and it erased everything I had said. Anyways, u have basically erased my skepticism of Bible Code, and if u have any clusters or any specific readin's that u think I shuld look into, then by all means post it. I read everything and watched those videos over tha course of today, and u have basically changed my original opinion about this. If u have any specific readin' or a link to sum software, then I wuld be glad to look at it. I feel as though now I want to study this, along wit tha other paranormal phenomena that I love to look into. Thanx so much for helpin' me to understand this better, and now that I have seen their methods of provin' tha authenticity and seein' tha odds stacked against it bein' chance, I feel more comfortable wit lookin' into this. But, like I said earlier in this post, if there's anything that u suggest I read, then I'd gladly do it.

I think I'm gonna go out and try to get a copy of Drosnin's "The Bible Code", becuz he seems to kno alot about these codes. I really thought it was cool how he used ELS's to tell that Isreali Prime Minister that he wuld be assassinated 1 year b4 he did, and then it ended up happenin', becuz tha Prime Minister didn't believe him. I guess that's proof of their realism, in itself.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Damn it! I had typed out this whole thing when it said I had to use a new topic and it erased everything I had said. Anyways, u have basically erased my skepticism of Bible Code, and if u have any clusters or any specific readin's that u think I shuld look into, then by all means post it. I read everything and watched those videos over tha course of today, and u have basically changed my original opinion about this. If u have any specific readin' or a link to sum software, then I wuld be glad to look at it. I feel as though now I want to study this, along wit tha other paranormal phenomena that I love to look into. Thanx so much for helpin' me to understand this better, and now that I have seen their methods of provin' tha authenticity and seein' tha odds stacked against it bein' chance, I feel more comfortable wit lookin' into this. But, like I said earlier in this post, if there's anything that u suggest I read, then I'd gladly do it.

I think I'm gonna go out and try to get a copy of Drosnin's "The Bible Code", becuz he seems to kno alot about these codes. I really thought it was cool how he used ELS's to tell that Isreali Prime Minister that he wuld be assassinated 1 year b4 he did, and then it ended up happenin', becuz tha Prime Minister didn't believe him. I guess that's proof of their realism, in itself.

Glad the information i gave u was useful just some words of warning its very difficult to use the bible codes as prophecy so dont get worried when you see lots of bible code predictions talking about the end of the world etc and dont be one of them who goes around spouting prophecy now your less skeptical.

Another thing Michael Drosnin is very important in the world of bible codes but he doesnt use them scientifically he uses any code he finds regardless of odds in his quest for the truth. Check out this review by the bible code digest researchers for a beter explanation of this:

To the rest of u ATS'ers out there PaperChase is a fine example of someone willing to do a bit of research then making his own opinion if the rest of u did the same instead of relying on your initial skepticism about the codes then i think alot of you would be shocked by what you find.

PaperChase im gonna do a quick whip round of some more good information for you to look at i'll post it soon.

Argos

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join