It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Bible Codes real?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have posted alot of new topics on this forum showing snippets of research i have done into bible codes and there validity, now i would like to know whether you guys believe or dis believe and why.

I believe there is a lot of evidence out there that backs up the claims of bible code research and little to dis-credit it - I dont believe in God and have read both of michael drosnins books, watched two documentaries on the subject and have spent numerous hours on line researching over the last five years that has turned me from a skeptic to a believer now i am here to re open the issue get people thinking about this reality again as in my opinion they are very real and a warning to all of us.

I am open to any questions and can probably point people in the right direction if they are curious to find out for themselves.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Argos]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Just as real as Moby Dick predicts Princess Di's death!!

That evidence has been discredited:

External Source: Bible Code Digest Website:
www.biblecodedigest.com...

Are the skeptics right?
Definitely not. All the skeptics showed was that very simple clusters of short codes can be found in any book. The examples they provided from Moby Dick and War and Peace were fairly comparable to many of the simpler published examples, but they are seriously out of date. Some proponents’ recently discovered clusters of Bible codes are so complex and extensive that they really couldn’t be a coincidence. The most extensive cluster of Bible codes found to date (the Isaiah 53 cluster) is vastly more complex and improbable than the most extensive cluster found in any book other than the Bible. There really is no comparison. Click here for details.

For more details on how this theorey from skeptics has been discredited just ask.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
c'mon everone here at ATS if the bible codes are myth then prove it to me. I bet i can prove more than you can de bunk about em.

I dont get it most believe in aliens but know one gives any thought as to what intelligent source encoded the bible.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If a bible code exists, the key to the code is the bible. There may be many codes incorporated into the bible. I do see indisputible coincidences of which the mathematical probability is phenomenal. I concede i do hold a certain reverence for the bible code, however the code may extend beyond just the bible.

There are instances in everyday language of subliminal meanings.

Some instances of coincidence that present themselves to me as parculiar instances:

Language.

In jewish culture the full name of GOD, or GOD the word itself is not always presented in full. Often they just use G, as it is believed by many to be less offensive to GOD to not invoke GOD by using the full word.

let us look again at the word "language".

Spell it out phoenetically, as a child would, consistant with spelling it how it sounds.

language would be spelled out:

langwej.

Backwards ....

jewgnal.

jew, G nail.

Jew, God's nail.

I think it says somewhere in the bible "I am the word".

---------------------------------------

Another interesting coincidence are the two names accredited to the the construction of the Great Pyramid, encompassing the purpose for their construction.

What are the names of those accredited to the construction of the Great Pyramid?

Kufu & Cheops.

What do the syllables look like when reversed?

F@# you spoech.

F you spoech.

F you speach.

Perhaps a reference that parrellels the Tower of Babyl??

----------------------------------------------

Sure it may appear to be far off subject, but Moses did say to his brother Aaron the High Priest that "Everything that has happened or ever will happen has been encoded in the books of the Torah, and other places as well."

What other places?

Why not language itself?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You make a valid point Esoteric Teacher it very well could be all around us, just in ways we haven't realised yet. The point is anyway is there is more evidence pointing towards bible codes than against, and im trying to make people aware of this fact, but people dismissed them along time ago. Its v hard to get everyone to re evaluate the evidence in the present, i think they would have to at least acknowledge that they cant be dismissed so easily anymore if they did.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The work that was accomplished in the first paper published about the "Bible Code" which incorporated a list of names of promenent Rabbis was a near mathimatical impossibility. This was the first thing that caught my attention and led credibility to the claim for me. All those names of Rabbis found in such close groupings, the odds were against were unparrelled in scope.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
The work that was accomplished in the first paper published about the "Bible Code" which incorporated a list of names of promenent Rabbis was a near mathimatical impossibility. This was the first thing that caught my attention and led credibility to the claim for me. All those names of Rabbis found in such close groupings, the odds were against were unparrelled in scope.

For some reason im not sure but that experiment had some variable that meant it could be discredited by scientists. But a further experiment was done on the same list of rabbi's to find there place of birth and death i think. And the experiment was a success all rabbi's had encoded with them the place of birth or death or both, and this experiment didnt have the variable so no skeptic has been able to dis credit this. The new experiment and the odds of it happening by chance are well.... massive!!!!

For more i posted a link to bible code documentaries in this forum, the docs. go over it in detail have a look.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Come on fellow ATS'ers here's some info about the codes to spark some interest, as it is my sad assumption that something so important has been dismissed without any real investigation those who know a bit more no they are more than likely real and why it is hard to tell prophecy from accidental code the codes about are future are out there.

Look below at this information about codes:

Code about the Code

1] Encoded in Exodus 32:16-17, where it says 'And the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets' are the words IT WAS MADE BY COMPUTER.

2] Deuteronomy 12:11-17 has encoded within it, BIBLE (TANAKH - Old Testament) CODE with SEALED BEFORE GOD crossing it.

3] Between Genesis 41:46 and Deuteronomy 28:8 there is encoded HE ENCODED THE TORAH AND MORE.

4] Coded into Daniel 12:4-6 where it says 'shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end' is the word COMPUTER also 1997 (5757 in Hebrew). Daniel also contains FOR YOU THE HIDDEN SECRETS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Past

5] NEWTON is coded into Numbers with GRAVITY crossing it.

6] Encoded into Numbers and Deuteronomy is ATOMIC HOLOCAUST, JAPAN, 1945. HIROSHIMA is spelled out with a skip interval of 1,945. There is also HIROSHIMA TO END SHOOTING WHOLE WORLD, this occurs in Genesis where it states 'And it repented the Lord that he had made man upon the Earth and it grieved him in his heart.'

7] HITLER is encoded in Genesis together with NAZI AND ENEMY, EVIL MAN and SLAUGHTER.

8] PRESIDENT KENNEDY, TO DIE and DALLAS are coded together within Genesis.

9] Numbers and Deuteronomy contain OSWALD and NAME OF THE ASSASSIN WHO WILL ASSASSINATE also RUBY and HE WILL KILL THE ASSASSIN.

10] Exodus contains R.F. KENNEDY, S.SIRHAN, and SECOND RULER WILL BE KILLED.

11] In Genesis is coded, SHOEMAKER LEVY, WILL POUND JUPITER, 8TH AV (July 16th). Jupiter occurs twice, once as a transliteration of the English name, and once as ZEDEC the Hebrew name. [picture]

12] In the Book of Isaiah the comet is named again; SHOEMAKER LEVY occurs with JUPITER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Future World War

13] In Deuteronomy WORLD WAR and ATOMIC HOLOCAUST both occur with two dates 2000 and 2006. There is also IT WILL STRIKE THEM, TO DESTROY, ANNIHILATE crossing WORLD WAR.

14] From Genesis 44:4 to Exodus 10:16 there is encoded ARMAGEDDON in the Hebrew form of Harn Megiddo (Mount Mediggo) now the site of an Israeli Airbase. Also there is ASAD HOLOCAUST (Asad is Syria's president) and SHOOTING FROM THE MILITARY POST.

15] 9TH OF AV IS THE DAY OF THE THIRD occurs coded into Numbers. Jerusalem has twice been destroyed on this date. ARIEL the ancient name of Jerusalem is also there and so is WORLD WAR.

16] THE NEXT WAR occurs coded into a section of Genesis and Numbers with ANOTHER WILL DIE, AV, PRIME MINISTER.

17] Exodus through to Deuteronomy contains a section of code that includes PRIME MINISTER NETANYAHU, BIBI, ELECTED, FOR THE GREAT HORROR, SURELY HE WILL BE KILLED, MURDERED.

Natural Disasters

18] DINOSAUR is encoded between Genesis and Deuteronomy crossed with DRAGON and ASTEROID.

19] KOBE JAPAN, FIRE EARTHQUAKE, THE BIG ONE, 1995, occur within the text of Numbers and Deuteronomy.

20] In Leviticus there is CHINA, GREAT EARTHQUAKE, 1976.

21] GREAT EARTHQUAKE is encoded through Exodus and Deuteronomy with the dates 2000 and 2006.

22] JAPAN is encoded in Leviticus 14:18 with GREAT EARTHQUAKE and the years 2000 and 2006 appear just below in Leviticus 27:23.

23] ECONOMIC COLLAPSE encoded between Exodus 20:9 and Deuteronomy 11:6. EARTHQUAKE STRUCK JAPAN is just below.

24] L.A. CALIF, 2010, GREAT EARTHQUAKE occurs encoded twice in the Torah, in different places, one of which also includes FIRE.

25] Exodus contains YEAR OF THE PLAGUE crossed by ISRAEL and JAPAN.

26] COMET is encoded between Leviticus 18:20 and Deuteronomy 27:1, with YEAR PREDICTED FOR THE WORLD and the year 2006 is there also.

27] 2010 is another year encoded with COMET and DAYS OF HORROR cross 2010, DARKNESS and GLOOM cross Comet.

28] The year 2012 also appears with COMET, again in Deuteronomy, also IT WILL BE CRUMBLED I WILL TEAR IT TO PIECES and EARTH ANNIHILATED.

Source:www.exodus2006.com...

I know the exodus site is a bit much but all of the above information is accurate, how can people just ignore this???

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
can we just say that every end of times prediction the bible code has made was wrong. ie. Aug 22, lets leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
can we just say that every end of times prediction the bible code has made was wrong. ie. Aug 22, lets leave it at that.

Can we also just say the bible codes cant be validated as prophecy you can find a code with a future date but that doesn't mean its going to happen!!!

Its a side effect of using equidisant letter sequences to obtain codes basically the bible codes cant be used as prophecy. There is a chance it could come true but there's an even higher chance it could just be random code.

But just because its hard to use bible codes as prophecy its still important if only for the question what intelligence encoded the bible??

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Has anyone got any valid evidence against the bible codes?

Because if not then get interested people, some intelligence from 3000 years ago has left us a message to decode in the bible, this intelligence could see the future and might even be god himself.

All of this, and i know of little evidence to discredit the bible codes, yet know one seems interested, and when i ask why? they come up with some evidence a skeptic gave in 1998 or something that has since been proven inaccurate.

Its time to open your eyes people c'mon prove me wrong im non religious and look at this subject from a neutral point of view and i really cant understand why people take no notice.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I dont think there can be evidence that disprooves the fact that a big ass book with alot of words in it happens to have enough letters to make any phrase you want.

It's like anagrams.

Just word play.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I dont think there can be evidence that disprooves the fact that a big ass book with alot of words in it happens to have enough letters to make any phrase you want.

It's like anagrams.

Just word play.

Come on Wolf of War you have nothing to back your claim up i believe you are wrong find me any other long text that has codes about 9/11, Hitler, Shoemaker Levy hitting jupiter and a thousand others that no skeptic has ever been able to find in any text with the same amount of detail or at such high odds.

Show me one other long text that lists 60 famous rabbis there birth and death dates and the places where they were born and died encoded.

You wont and probably cant skeptics have been trying for years and have failed because the books they are looking in havent been encoded.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Proove to me that you finding a bunch of names, places, and dates in a huge book with an obscure code somehow makes it proof that the process is legit.

All your doing is taking a simple mathematical step in a large book with millions of letters, and finding key phrases that mean something to you in the world.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If a code exists, the bible provides the key to breaking the code.

"Judge not lest thee be judged"

does the bible judge? Then apply the laws of the word to the word.

"The meek will inherit the Earth"

perhaps this means only use lower case letters?????

------------------------------

My point?

Perhaps since God is "the word" the rules of the word (bible) can be applied to the bible to find parrallel, but more in depth truths????

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Look some Governments of the World admit theres a code in the Bible thats fact, they also go on to say that with our most super computers today we cant even touch the tip of the iceberg of the codes, but they do say when we make Quantum computers it should be able to decipher it with ease thats when we find out alot of truths that were locked away till we had the technology to access them.

Another thing is there are so many layers to the codes, there are codes upon the codes they suspect there are many many layers below the codes, thats why we need Quantum computers to unravel it all.

i believe there are codes in the Bible, who put the codes there well i suspect its either GOD, aliens, or from the future were a super powerful unknown type of computer made it and sent it back with entire knowledge of Human kind in it to maybe either help us, or just to say hello I'm here and i exist or will exist and the future or possible future is and has been made for us already.

Just maybe its a time travel experiment, in the far future we have the Bible, we know this book will survive time over thousands of years, so thats a logical choice to encode a version of it and send it back through time, over time we know what we invented and at a certain point in time someone might notice what was done and it would be then documented proof that it worked, but not damaging anything that would alter history at least not that was thought anyway, so its just possible thats what it is.

Also as for altering history to much maybe theres a future event that will be unstoppable, and it will change things in a big way that it wont matter if any history before it was altered in a little way as that is unimportant to the before event, as to the after-event, that things will be same in the after event even if things were changed in small ways maybe with computer they have they would be able to foresee this stuff i reckon, but need proof that it works and the records are known to survive.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by blobby]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Once quatam computers are made they too will find deeper codes within books such as Moby dick, Alice in Wonderland even transcripts of Television programmes.

Why carnt you find future events now. Now is as good time as any what with all the build up in in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok...im going to clairfy what i know, it is such rubbish, i downloaded the software you use for bible codes, i searched words in revelations alone, and this is the amount i got from revelations, just 1 book...

krax - 5

chip - 2

and - 4

help - 1

aliobigmac - 0

alio - 1

this is in 1 book, if you search any word using the whole bible it will come up...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Proove to me that you finding a bunch of names, places, and dates in a huge book with an obscure code somehow makes it proof that the process is legit.

All your doing is taking a simple mathematical step in a large book with millions of letters, and finding key phrases that mean something to you in the world.

Ok what your saying is you can find seemingly relevant code in any long text. This is true i dont doubt this. The point is the chances of finding all the information that was found in the rabbi experiment (part 2) was so against the odds it couldnt happen by chance.

Skeptics have been trying for at least five years to try and replicate the same sort of odds, and haven't come any where near close to the odds encoutered during the rabbi experiment part 1 and 2.

So yes you can find seemingly relevant codes that are within mathematical chance in any book, but try like skeptics to find codes way above mathematical chance in any text and you will have no luck, simply because those books are not encoded.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join