It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid East hope as cease fire begins!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Could there really be a cease fire between the Israeli and Lebanon forces? I have an article here by BBC which seems to indicate this.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Im a bit iffy on this one. This seems like a tactical ploy by Israel and the globalists. They will still maintain a blockade on the air and sea, and will still occupy Lebanon until "an international peace keeping force can take control".

Israel publications have openly talked about annexing Lebanese land. I think this will be a step to do it. Organize a cease fire and a list of demands that, according to what Ive heard, goes something like this:

1. We both stop shooting at each other, for now!

2. I (Israel) can shoot to protect my troops while in your land, but you (Hezbollah) can not shoot at me.

3. You must give up your captives but I get to keep mine.

4. I get to stay in your land until I decide to leave.

5. You will have to disarm but I don’t—ever.

6. You can’t have any weapons shipped into your country for your use, but I get all the latest weapons I want, free, from the United States at any time.

7. Now, stop shooting and sign it or else the whole world will know that you don’t want peace!

I guess time will tell

[edit on 14-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster

(Israel) can shoot to protect my troops while in your land, but you (Hezbollah) can not shoot at me.

This makes sense. If you think about it. As a state or country, the signature that Israel places on the peace treaty or cease fire carries more weight and , thus, more responsibility in the court of world opinon. We must assume that Israel will honor it's cease fire and will only shoot if fired upon.

You must give up your captives but I get to keep mine.

Well, considering that this entire "war" began over the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers, it is also understandable that Israel might be reluctant to exchange prisoners at least until their kidnapped soldiers are returned.

I get to stay in your land until I decide to leave.

Until a United Nations Peace-keeping force is in place, it is incumbent upon Israel to remain in Lebanon to maintain not only their own security but to provide for security and humanitarian aid in the sectors that they presently control. This is certainly not an extraordinary aspect of this cease-fire.

You will have to disarm but I don’t—ever.

Well of course Israel does not have to disarm. They are a recognized sovereign state. The Hezbollah, on the other hand, has been named as a terrorist organization by the United Nations are were supposed to not only disarm but to disband years ago. In fact, it could easily be argued that this entire military action was the direct result of illegal acts by the Hezbollah. (I am referring, of course, to the para-military faction of Hezbollah and not the Hezbollah political party in Lebanon).

You can’t have any weapons shipped into your country for your use, but I get all the latest weapons I want, free, from the United States at any time.

Of course the Hezbollah can't have any weapons shipped into Lebanon. Under a previous U.N. resolution, the Hezbollah were to disarm and disband years ago. As far as Lebanon goes, Lebanon is most certainly allowed to import weapons for their military -- all the latest weapons that they want and I'm sure that there will be no shortage of arms merchants from every country including the U.S. and, perhaps even Israel.

Now, stop shooting and sign it or else the whole world will know that you don’t want peace!

Well, I have to agree with this statement. Stop shooting and start talking. Why don't people tire of wars but they tire of negotiating?

[edit on 8/14/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

[edit: fixed quote tags]

[edit on 8/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
2hrs before the cease fire

Hizbollah: quiet

Israel: Bombs over 30 locations with only 11 of them being rocket launchers, killing 20+ civilians.

People returning to the south are also finding little presents left by the IDF in the form of time bombs and mines.

Just going by the looks of it I wonder if you can tell who is looking for peace.
Hopefully once the UNHRC wraps up its findings we can move forward if they are found to be war crimes.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Israel have already shot and killed someone for approaching them in a threatening way... as reported in UK Guardian newspaper online and reuters...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Israel have already shot and killed someone for approaching them in a threatening way... as reported in UK Guardian newspaper online and reuters...

Thats understandable as they were protecting themselves , so they had every right to kill him.

They said it was a hizbollah member who was hiding and he popped up and began shooting. It could have been someone who lost his family too, but you never know. In any event its not a truce breaker luckily and its probably going to happen while they remain. Lots of peed off people there right now. It would be to their advantage to leave quickly.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by kickoutthejams

Thats understandable as they were protecting themselves , so they had every right to kill him.

They said it was a hizbollah member who was hiding and he popped up and began shooting. It could have been someone who lost his family too, but you never know. In any event its not a truce breaker luckily and its probably going to happen while they remain. Lots of peed off people there right now. It would be to their advantage to leave quickly.

Pieman, We all know you are completely pro hezbolla terrorists-how about a little open mindedness and realizm

As for the report, I saw it to.
The reptort WAS that ARMED Hebollzbolola terrorists were approaching the IDF men.

Now, perhaps pieman has a death wish, but the IDF do not!

When you enemy-who says you have no right to exist as a country and wants to kill every man/woman and child of Israel, approaches you armed, you will defend yourself, I mean D'UH

Sure, I will let those animals walk up to me armed to shot me dead

BTW,PIEMAN, BOTH sides gave the last day there best go.

External Source

Hezbollah fired more than 250 rockets into Israel on Sunday, the fiercest attack against northern Israel since the fighting began more than a month ago, the Israeli army reported. One Israeli man was killed.

abcnews.go.com

(from a post here at ats)

HMM, 250 Rockets launched VS 23 Missiles fire by IDF-Yeah, Sure, It's all the IDF

[edit on 8/14/2006 by mrmonsoon]

new topics

top topics

join