It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel just said!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yea Baby!

Let Israel finish off Hezbullah, let Lebanon have control of their country back, and do the U.S. a big favor in the process.

Syria and Iran may be pissed because Israel will no longer be attacked and the peace process MAY be allowed to resume sans the terrorists/pessimists/racists/suicidal-psychopaths.

It's Israel, Freedom, Democracy, Peace, and all decent people in the Middle East that will win and those who cannot deal with that will cease to exist.

God Bless the U.S.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Types:

Let Israel finish off Hezbullah, let Lebanon have control of their country back, and do the U.S. a big favor in the process.

Rah rah rah! Honk Honk Honk!

Oh wait, I guess it's key to FORGET that Hezbollah has launched more and more missiles into Israel every single day in the past week, despite 30 days of massive aerial bombardment. What was it, 180 yesterday? As opposed to 60 in the first days of the "conflict"?

Israel's new PM is going to be run out of office over this, mark my words. He was actually heckled during his speech by some MPs today. There's growing dissent because this is an abject failure. Not only has Israel NOT made itself safer, it has actually put itself at greater risk.

Some 1,000 Lebanese, mostly civilians, and 157 Israelis, 114 of them soldiers, have died in the 34-day conflict.

1,000 innocent Lebanese civilians versus 43 innocent Israeli civilians.

That's a good recipe for a new generation of Israel-hating Lebanese. When another country's military kills your mom and your sister accidentally because it needs to make its' own people safer, it doesn't tend to soften the blow.

Not to mention coming home to a pile of rubble where your entire neighbourhood and livelihood used to be. I don't believe it's helpful for the people in southern Beirut surveying the devastation that used to be their lives to think that at least Haifa is safe now.

And I ain't prescient or anything, but I find it hard to believe that someone in the Israeli government didn't think this through to that logical end once the losses on the Lebanese side started outstripping the Israeli ones by a factor of 10 to 1. It didn't make Israel safer, nor Israelis.

Oh but other than that rah rah rah.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Israel's new PM is going to be run out of office over this, mark my words. He was actually heckled during his speech by some MPs today. There's growing dissent because this is an abject failure. Not only has Israel NOT made itself safer, it has actually put itself at greater risk.

The sad thing is that if he gets run out of office its not going to be for the right reason which is that they did all this damage and the war was unjustified and should have been just a rescue mission, it will be because they are upset that they didn't win and they didn't do enough damage to crush Hizbollah. The Israeli population wanted Hizbollah put out of their misery regardless of civilian damage. Thats why they will remove him. Not for the war crimes committed or the wrong doings.

Pie

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ThePieMan:

The Israeli population wanted Hizbollah put out of their misery regardless of civilian damage.

Actually, there's rumblings of dissent.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Many Israelis feel they have no choice but to strike hard at Hezbollah. They believe that at stake is the very survival of the state of Israel.

But there are signs that cracks are beginning to appear in the consensus.

The Yedioth Aronoth poll says 64% of Israelis (71% of Jewish respondents) support sending troops deeper into Lebanon, up to the Litani River.

But another poll in the more leftwing Haaretz newspaper suggests that only 39% of Israelis are in favour of an expanded ground offensive.

I think that he'll be out of office by January.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join