It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What are the ailens waiting for?

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:
Toc

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos

Originally posted by laiguana
What makes you think the -aliens- want to help humanity? Perhaps it's more enjoyable to watch them tear each other apart?


If there are aliens why wouldn't they be peaceful? And to watch us destroy our planet and waste this massive natural resource would be detremental to them whether they are aggressive or not!

I still maintain whether Ahstar tales are to be believed or not the aliens out there are waiting for the right time as to not do more damage than good during first conatct.


This is typical human way to seeing things. Put yourself in the skin of a being that has 100 000 years more development than you do. Now imagine what abilities and technology they have. Think of everything they could have done to their DNA overtime to perfect their bodies... You really think they would care for a bit of dirt or water on a blue planet?

I think their main concern is how we prepare to weaponise space.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Toc]

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Toc]




posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If Humanity had already embraced Buddhism they would reveal themselves long time ago.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
I pose a simple question. What are the ailens waiting for? By this I mean, if they are the high beings and they see humanity tearing itself apart, why would they not reveal themselves and help humanity. So far God and religion hasn't helped humanity. The gov'ts of the world haven't helped any and Now these craft and beings that people have seen leave no impact, .......what gives?

[edit on 14-8-2006 by kinglizard]


Aliens have to exist before they actually do anything. You say God and religion hasn't helped humanity, yet what you fail to understand (by design) is that all is happening according to the Will of the Allmighty God of the universe.

Yes, death, destruction, evil has all been planned by God from the foundation of the world. Why? For His higher purpose and His glory.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted in the previous 3 pages because i don't have time to read them all yet.

Wat i think is that if they have teheechnology to travel to this planet then they are obviously very intelligent and know that them announcing themselves to the whole plannet would throw it into chaos. Imagine for a moment what would happen if it was suddenly proven that aliens were here, it would really freak alot of people out.

Or they simply don't want to get involved with such a primitive race, we would probably try and nuke them or something.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ne one of these theories could b true or theyy could all be wrong.. there's no way to tell for sure and thas what pisses me off da mostt but watever thas jus da way it is.. neway my 2 cents.. put us in there shoes.. were travelling through space and we stumble upon a lil planet where everyone is so caught up in there own life and so bent up on destroying each other there would be no point of coming down and taking over.. let them kill themselves and then knockout who evers left. And another thing.. i heard that king hammurabi supposedly met aliens or so it sez through some of da drawings around there.. jus wondering if that was true?


Toc

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta
I dont know if this has been posted in the previous 3 pages because i don't have time to read them all yet.

Wat i think is that if they have teheechnology to travel to this planet then they are obviously very intelligent and know that them announcing themselves to the whole plannet would throw it into chaos. Imagine for a moment what would happen if it was suddenly proven that aliens were here, it would really freak alot of people out.

Or they simply don't want to get involved with such a primitive race, we would probably try and nuke them or something.


There has been saying that the shadow government is already at war wtih them, using scalar weapons. There is plans to build a military base on the moon to push this even further...

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Toc]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by laiguana
What makes you think the -aliens- want to help humanity? Perhaps it's more enjoyable to watch them tear each other apart?

One night I was talking with some friends about Aliens. I commented that if Aliens really have been visiting Earth that they are probably benevolent or "nice" since they haven't tried to exterminate us yet.


Look around you.

Is that radiation on your cereal? Is that Prozac in your baby's hair follicle?
Is that flouride in your milk?

What are they doing? * snip * if I know!


Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
How about the possibility that there may not have been any visitors from space at any time thus far?

Wouldn't you think that if a race or races where so much more powerful both intellectually and technologically, that they would come to earth and reveal themselves to us taking us to be like lower life forms. They in my opinion would come in broad daylight, show up and take what they wanted for experiments or wharever they wanted

I don't fully buy into the "Star Trek" motto of observing without interfering protocol.

All those UFO sightings could just be Governemnt Technologies that they want to keep covered up, so why not let the masses come up with at this point silly beliefs in Extra Terrestrials keeping their truths covered up nicely.

My opinion anyways for what it's worth.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
you could also look at it in the way that the aliens are waiting for the apocolypse or end of times for when they can show us their awsome power to save us and that would in a way make them feel like our gods so it really is a better idea for them to wait for disaters for when they can show their greatest powers.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by worksoftplayhard]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
I pose a simple question. What are the ailens waiting for? By this I mean, if they are the high beings and they see humanity tearing itself apart, why would they not reveal themselves and help humanity. So far God and religion hasn't helped humanity. The gov'ts of the world haven't helped any and Now these craft and beings that people have seen leave no impact, .......what gives?

[edit on 14-8-2006 by kinglizard]


By our standards, we are in a self-destruct mode short of nuclear annihlation. At a higher level of intelligence--i.e. ET-- our standards may not mean squat. IMHO, we are right where we are supposed to be: in the beginning of the end times. The end times being an end to man's rule on Earth. We've screwed it up enough with the governments and religions you have mentioned--simply put, I think the result of the end times will be full disclosure. We will be looking to the stars for help and it will come, hopefully nukes won't play a part in finally convincing our selves that our way doesn't work.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by nightbreid]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think its becuz the whole alien thing is a fairy tell.. With all the high tech cameras out now there isnt a video thats clear not a one, and the ones that are clear you can tell they are faker than pam anderson, they are all blurry etc...

[edit on 14-8-2006 by VoXiSo]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
@Timeseer i know you agree with me.



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Every time I hear about "aliens being benevolent" or that the "aliens are our friends", I have to chuckle. As previously stated in this thread, we have absolutely no way of knowing the intentions, much less the "fact" of the existence of aliens.



It is true that there are hostile extraterrestrials. But there are far less hostile extraterrestrials than there are hostile humans. By far less... regardlessly. Look up regardlessly to understand what I am saying... do so anyways....


Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
The chances that an alien race will be benevolent are probably the same as are the chances that an alien culture are malevolent and bent upon the destruction or enslavement of our people and planet.


Take a course in neurology my friend. Also take a course in human behavior. You'll learn a thing or two about why benevolence is far more common in more intelligent beings.


Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
We just don't have any concrete information to make any conclusions concerning this whatsoever.


Please don't exaggerate your own intellect and display other people in the same regards as yourself. No is you except for you. What you are saying is that you don't know the intentions of human beings and because you don't know, no one else should know as well. But that would belittling the intelligence of other people and that can be called "discrimination." The discrimination upon the behalf of everyone except yourself within the regards of knowledge.

So I highly suggest you take a course in neurology and human behavior. It'll make you realize how wrong you seriously are.

You can also study human history, but some of it can easily just be changed to befit anyone in particular. Take the difference in Russian and French understanding on the history of the Principality of Andorra.



Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
In my mind, it is just as likely that an alien culture would be so far above humankind -- intellectually and on an evolutionary scale -- that they might not regard humanity as anything more than a troublesome bacteriological life form.


True, but they have been here for a very long time and have had an enormous length of time that they could easily wipe out humanity.

Why haven't they done such a thing?

Because if you read the bible, it says "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness."

www.biblestudy.org...

It is refering to the extraterrestrials... namely the Annunaki, which are refered to as the angels in the bible.

They cared about us alot, protected are weak species many times from the calamity of extinction, gave us religion and philosophy to better ourselves and in an attempt keep us away from declaring war on each other, and they have even grow so fond of our species (some extraterrestrial) that they even mate and marry humans.

Now how could you say such people were evil?

Humans oftenly depict something as evil, because they cannot understand them or they has always been an evil place onto such things. Like wolves... wolves are oftenly depicted as the helpers of Satan, but they are actually very different from such.

And in America, communists and muslims are oftenly depicted as agents of the anti-christ and thus should be feared and not allowed to participate with society.

Can you not understand what paranoia is?


Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Benevolence or malevolence might not even be a philosophical issue for an alien viewing Earth. As far as they might be concerned, Earth might be viewed as lacking any intelligent life.


Philosophy came from extraterrestrials. The understanding of right and wrong, came from extraterrestrials. They are more than our friends, they are our saviors.



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I find that the answers put forth as to the timing, motives, actions, etc., of aliens to be very similar to the ones put forth for religion.

As with religion, a belief in the existence of aliens requires a lot of faith.



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timeseer

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Every time I hear about "aliens being benevolent" or that the "aliens are our friends", I have to chuckle. As previously stated in this thread, we have absolutely no way of knowing the intentions, much less the "fact" of the existence of aliens.



It is true that there are hostile extraterrestrials. But there are far less hostile extraterrestrials than there are hostile humans. By far less... regardlessly. Look up regardlessly to understand what I am saying... do so anyways....


Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
The chances that an alien race will be benevolent are probably the same as are the chances that an alien culture are malevolent and bent upon the destruction or enslavement of our people and planet.


Take a course in neurology my friend. Also take a course in human behavior. You'll learn a thing or two about why benevolence is far more common in more intelligent beings.


Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
We just don't have any concrete information to make any conclusions concerning this whatsoever.


Please don't exaggerate your own intellect and display other people in the same regards as yourself. No is you except for you. What you are saying is that you don't know the intentions of human beings and because you don't know, no one else should know as well. But that would belittling the intelligence of other people and that can be called "discrimination." The discrimination upon the behalf of everyone except yourself within the regards of knowledge.

So I highly suggest you take a course in neurology and human behavior. It'll make you realize how wrong you seriously are.

You can also study human history, but some of it can easily just be changed to befit anyone in particular. Take the difference in Russian and French understanding on the history of the Principality of Andorra.



Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
In my mind, it is just as likely that an alien culture would be so far above humankind -- intellectually and on an evolutionary scale -- that they might not regard humanity as anything more than a troublesome bacteriological life form.


True, but they have been here for a very long time and have had an enormous length of time that they could easily wipe out humanity.

Why haven't they done such a thing?

Because if you read the bible, it says "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness."

www.biblestudy.org...

It is refering to the extraterrestrials... namely the Annunaki, which are refered to as the angels in the bible.

They cared about us alot, protected are weak species many times from the calamity of extinction, gave us religion and philosophy to better ourselves and in an attempt keep us away from declaring war on each other, and they have even grow so fond of our species (some extraterrestrial) that they even mate and marry humans.

Now how could you say such people were evil?

Humans oftenly depict something as evil, because they cannot understand them or they has always been an evil place onto such things. Like wolves... wolves are oftenly depicted as the helpers of Satan, but they are actually very different from such.

And in America, communists and muslims are oftenly depicted as agents of the anti-christ and thus should be feared and not allowed to participate with society.

Can you not understand what paranoia is?


Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Benevolence or malevolence might not even be a philosophical issue for an alien viewing Earth. As far as they might be concerned, Earth might be viewed as lacking any intelligent life.


Philosophy came from extraterrestrials. The understanding of right and wrong, came from extraterrestrials. They are more than our friends, they are our saviors.


i agree with your views, but you must explain somethings.

how come there are different religions ? were they created by different aliens ?

show me some article that proves that inteligence and benevolence are related.



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think this thread is very interesting.

First I think starting now we all have to put our attitudes away and that includes myself.

At first I was upset with the way Diplomat wrote until I decided to read everything on the three pages first.

I can see in a way where Diplomat is coming from and his hositilites. He tried to talk to friends and they laughed at him. I can understand his feelings completely. None of us like to be laughed at and when we are we show our attitudes. I may be 57 but I am that way myself and I think maybe we need to change or at least try to change and to talk and help one another instead of insulting or hurting ones feelings.

I think we need to stop and think before we write and I also think just because people laugh at us or put us down we have to show we are better then that Lets face it if we don't like being laughed at etc. then we shouldn't do it to others.

I think Timeseer is on the right tract and applaud for the insight.

From my experiences with the Grey's I will say there are good beings and bad beings just as we humans are good and bad so we do have to be careful.

I don't know how it works but on one of my experiences when one of the shorties came for me I communicated to him I couldn't go now because I now had children and I couldn't leave them because I couldn't wake my husband and he communicated that I wasn't to worry whenever I was gone they would be watched over by the Angels of God.

Deathknell I liked your post, lol. and Toc-----right on.

The Grey's consider the Earth there Laboratory. The Grey's can not survive here because they can not breathe our air there is to much oxygen in it.



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

From my experiences with the Grey's I will say there are good beings and bad beings just as we humans are good and bad so we do have to be careful.




what do you mean by that ?



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What I mean by that is..... if you see any ship be careful don't get to close because you won't know which beings are inside the good ones or the bad ones.



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Maybe they be gathering for when we go tits up and really muck things up.....and then it be harvest time....lol..

"Darling dinner's ready !!!!!"


Toc

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirty3
Maybe they be gathering for when we go tits up and really muck things up.....and then it be harvest time....lol..

"Darling dinner's ready !!!!!"


I think it's more like: They are waiting for the human race to be spriritialy enlighted ENOUGH so we don't kill on sight.


Between you and me, if i was going to land on a planet and i saw what the beings on tha t planet are willing to do, just cause their girlfriend got insulted... I think you see my point.

I would have more trust in ET's than on half the world's population.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join