It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George Walker Bush Drinking Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
After 9/11/2001, he might be at it again. Can we measure an individual's BAC (blood alcohol content) from a long distance or only at a contact distance?

God Bless the USA!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Um.....do you ahve any sources or reason to suspect or wonder if he is indeed drinking? This is the first time Ive heard anything about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted by GreatTech
After 9/11/2001, he might be at it again. God Bless the USA!!!

1) Bush43 was a playboy earlier in his life. He was removed from flight status for failing to take his required physical. Why was that? Did he know he would fail? White powder?

2) He "fell down" in the private quarters of the WH and they said he had gagged on a pretzel?

3) He fell off hi bike at Crawford, and they said the bake was in gravel.

So, I want to know when and where did he take the 12 Steps to Sobriety and who is his monitor??

If you are once a drunk you are always a drunk, hopefully a sober one.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
For what it's worth, who knows.

Bush's drinking and drug use must be investigated
By DOUG THOMPSON
Publisher, Capitol Hill Blue
Jan 3, 2006, 00:00

Snip
www.capitolhillblue.com...

During his trip to Mongolia last November, Bush openly sampled the local drink Airag, which is fermented milk with an alcohol content ranging from three to twelve percent. In other words, booze.

This was the same trip where Bush tried to evade reporters’ question by attempting to walk out a locked door and then turned sheepishly to the cameras and said he was “jet-lagged.” Some at the event said his stride was unsteady and his speech slurred.

Is Bush drinking NOW? More important than TANG, coke, or anything else.
www.dailykos.com...
There is a lot to make one suspicious. Are his facial injuries in the last year really due to mountain bike accidents or to getting falling down drunk? Do we have an alcoholic making life and death decisions in the war on terror? Is it Texas swagger or drunken stagger?
In addition to the facial injuries, there's the incident when he was found passed out on the floor at the White House because he has "choked on a pretzel." There is the slurring of words and his confusion over simple concepts such as tribal sovereignty. How about falling off the scooter or dropping the little dog? Is he a klutz and an idiot, or just drunk?
Someone has to know, has to have seen him. I've seen the photo of him with a beer at the G-8 summit. Why can't some reporter ask Chirac or Gerhard Schroeder, or members of their staffs?

Google- Bush drinking

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I think this thread might have seen more action if it were in slugfest; I don't mind it, but I just think it would be a more successful thread there.

Anyway, the presidency has a way of grinding people down and driving them back to their vices. I see that as something to be expected. The only thing I'm really concerned about is just how drunk he is. I'd just as soon not have the Nixon thing happen again where a president in crisis is so permanently sloshed that the cabinet has to conspire to keep the nuclear launch codes out of his reach when he's really bent and wait till he's asleep to conduct high level foreign policy discussions.

Sometimes being drunk just works in your favor; I refer you to President Grant's military career. Drunkenness has the advantage of reducing the complicated to the very very simple by way of a phenomenon known as "beer muscles" (whereby one feels stronger than he actually is and no longer fears others, even if it's a group of 6'4" 250 nightclub bouncers), and if you're REALLY strong, that will work. The tradeoff is that it can make those things which are already simple a little more difficult: for instance "don't play with the red telephone" and (especially for Kennedys) friends don't let friends drive drunk.

So let's just hope that the whitehouse bartender knows when it's time for the First Alcoholic to switch to coffee.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This could splain why he's speaking slightly more coherent now...the boozing and drugging probably helps him concentrate because he's not at the 'dry drunk' stage.

Good for him

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just as a point...

Whether he is drinking again or not..

When someone applys for a job at, let say, Walmart, blockbuster, UPS, etc, they get drug tested. Both at hiring and periodically... Does the president get drug tested?
And are those results published? Sure would put to rest alot of speculation... just a thought...

just found this..doctorzebra.com

It seems to give a list of his medical history starting from age five.. or so it appears.
(I do not know enough about the President's health history to be able to personally verify the data on this link)

I have, of course, heard of his past drinking. Also, rumors abound of his rampant coke use(Yale), and he has admitted to smoking pot on the aptly named Ken Weed tapes.

thanks for your time

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted by The Vagabond

Sometimes being drunk just works in your favor; I refer you to President Grant's military career. Drunkenness has the advantage of reducing the complicated to the very very simple . . let's hope the White House bartender knows when it's time for the First Alcoholic to switch to coffee. [Edited by Don W]

Gen. Grant acquired the drinking reputation when he was posted to the far west without his family. Out of boredom, he did overdo it. He resigned from the Army as a captain, but it was never stated he did that on the Army’s initiative. (Grant came into the Civil War via the Illinois Volunteers where the governor had made him a general.) Frankly the military “encourages” drunkenness. In Korea, where I was, beer was 5 cents a can and whiskey 10 cents a shot in those areas where the danger level was “orange” or higher.

I did not frequent the NCO club at Keesler AFB - E4 permanent party were admitted - but when I did, the “regulars” were there drinking on the tab, waiting to square up on payday. We have all heard the tough stories of the Vietnam era. Maybe the all volunteer Armed Forces are “reformed?”

After Grant’s forces captured Ft. Donelson and occupied Nashville, someone said Grant was drinking again - false - in reply to which Abraham Lincoln supposedly said, “Tell me the brand he drinks and I’ll send a barrel to all my generals.” Or words to that effect. After reading part of his autobiography and hearing others comment on his contribution to our country’s preservation - easily the most significant by anyone except Lincoln - I have only admiration for U.S. Grant.

It is ironic and tragic, that the very generosity intended by Lincoln and shown by Grant towards the soundly beaten pro slavery rebels coupled with the never say die attitude of too many southern whites and the don’t give a dam attitude of the North, permitted southern racist sympathizers to do a re-write of our history and to paint true American heroes like Grant and Sherman in a bad light. Shame!

The really tragic figure of the Civil War was Andrew Johnson, yet without him on the ticket, Lincoln probably would not have won re-election in 1864. I regard it as too bad there was not a much more energetic and longer enduring Reconstruction period which would have averted so much misery and hardship that was to be inflicted on trusting, helpless people in our country. The whole period from 1876 until 1954 was a stain on America exceeded only by the stain of the period 1619 to 1864.

Race was at the bottom of both stains! A concept of racial superiority of one race, and racial inferiority of another race. Geez. Where did I hear that from 1933-1945? In 2006, sad to say, it is alive and well. Benign neglect. A time when good people living in sublime denial still do bad things.

Our religious leaders - so-called - are more concerned over stem cells and gay marriages and spent more time and energy on Terry Schiavo than over the real problems facing 10s of million of Americans every day. Hmm? Religion failed us in 1860 and does no better today. Why do you think that is? I understand why it is with politicians. They want votes at any price, but I thought the religious were supposed to be above that profane condition.

[edit on 8/14/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've seen pics of him drinking odouls, presumably he is trying to make an honest effort at not drinking.

I have seen a video of him, pre-presidency, at a freinds wedding, seemed drunk, was drinking from a wine glass/champagne glass, and this was supposed to be after he became a recovering alcoholic.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I wonder if they do drug test and alcohol testing to the president of the US regularly.

It is done in mostly any other jobs.

The president of the US should be also tested like the rest of the population.

And the results posted after all We the people elected him right?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Excellent research, Sauron. I voted for you for Way Above Top Secret for this month!!!

Pray for the good but imperfect (aren't we all) George Walker Bush. Check out and join:

www.presidentialprayerteam.org/

God Bless the USA!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't think I really said anything explicitly negative about Grant's alleged drinking. If it's not true that he was on the bottle though, all the better; it just hedges up the case that maybe the "leader of the free world" shouldn't be getting hammered.

I am a Grant fan though. I was afterall using him as the best case scenario for the benefits of alcoholism (in this case imagined alcoholism perhaps but oh well).

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
With anyone else drinking you would have thought it would make a big difference to their performance. In Bush's case it might actually help him do the job a bit better. If George becomes so pissed he can't even be bothered to get up in the morning then it might save us another war (or two).
But then again someone like CongoLisaLice will probably still pass him the morning papers, and say "the paper boy wanted you to sign this form; just write your name here where it says Wipe Iran of the Map; I’ll be back in hour or two when you've finished."
This of course is the thing that's most dangerous about Bush. It's not so much the way he governs us but the way people govern him.

In fact I wonder if your president of the United States you have to let other people govern you. Not just for logistical reasons; but also because if you don't you mind just end up going the way of JFK (in a tombstone). It will be sad if that’s really the case but hardly surprising ether.
In truth one things that’s fact is that if don’t sit between the legs of men like Rupert Murdoch then they’ll turn their international media empires against you. And maybe, just maybe; politically that’s almost as good as a real assignation?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
FWIW, IF Bush is in fact a RECOVERING alcoholic, then even ONE sip of one drink is NOT allowed.
I don't recall that he has announced he is an actual recovering alcoholic, or if that was just a MSM story. So feel free to jump in and provide solid links to his alcoholism.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ma Fello 'mericanz,

I come tho yu today, wiz a heavy heart, and a pounding headche...ta tell ya them terrists r out to git us...

Actually, i think HE thinks better when he's innebriated or under White House garden variety mushrooms, or something.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well haha, I don't know about Bush drinking again now, but I honestly would'nt be suprised if he was, might even be those mushrooms dgtempe, haha. And yes I've been around alcholics all my life
And a sip could bring back the urge to drink, uncontrolably.

Anyway heres a fun link to a video where bush (or an impersonator) is obviously drunk, supposedly this took place before the 2000 election at a friends wedding.

Very funny, sorry that the link leads to ebaums, I doubt its against the rules, its only a link to the video, you can choose to or not to watch it, have fun.

A Link to the Video

[edit on 24-8-2006 by sympthons_WDF]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Because of his drinking habit, what is George Walker Bush's authority over USA nuclear weapons?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Lets pray to Gawd that he doesnt have access to the "panic" button. We'd all be in deep doodo.

His drinking and drug abuse wouldnt even bother me,....if he were able to conduct himself as a president in the morning...BUT HE DOESNT.
He has not one brain cell left. Not to mention the wiring he is said to still wear so someone with brain cells can tell him what to say. :shk:

Lets face it. It isnt about slaming George Bush, it all isnt about Bush bashing... it is about the truth. And the truth is, this man is a joke to the presidency of the United States.

You may like his "agenda", you may love his wars, you may love the Republican party, you may love and be behind him 100%, but you have to realize that this man is not your typical American president, and you have to realize that because of the way he acts, people laugh...The world sees a mental midget who cannot speak, articulate, put thoughts together....a dummy.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't think he's drinking. I think it's medication.

As far as 'testing' goes .. he has a presidential physical every year at a military hospital and the results are released to the public. If there was any evidence of alcohol or liver damage etc etc it would be released (supposedly).

I DO think that he's on medication of some sort. He's went through a period of being very emotional when addressing the troops and when the war came up in his speeches. I've caught a few slurs as well. I think Cheney got with the doctors and get him prescribed something to stabilize his moods. I don't have any facts or links to back that up. It's just my observation of his being very emotional and a few slurred speeches.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
... Grant's alleged drinking.

If you ever visit Grant's tomb in NYC the caretakers give a talk about Grant and information is posted on him. They are very open about his heavy drinking. The history channel has a very good series about the US presidents. (I have it on DVD) It gives references to his heavy drinking.

I understand you are being polite by saying 'alleged' drinking ... but I'm sure we can drop the 'alleged' part. He definately drank alot.

new topics

top topics

join