It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls 4 is Awesome!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
MMOG for Oblivion would have been simply amazing.. and is really only one of two major disapointments for me in what was, otherwise a simply brilliant game.

I think this would have ruined the game. Thinking about all the NPCs in the game that are related to your minor and major quests, and then think about someone else killing the ones you needed so you can never finish your quest.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

... just like on the PC... plus you have to pay for XBL which is 70 a year.

Its actually only 50. and thats for the Gold membership. SO if you have no interest to play online, and just download trailers, videos, arcade games, etc, its free.

Or, you can trick it out like me, and make a free one month account every month, and have xbox live forever, for free

Mind telling me how to do this? i would greatly appreciate it

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was under the assumption that the 360 premium would come with a Lifetime's worth of gold membership, while the core was only a year. Did someone tell me wrong?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I was under the assumption that the 360 premium would come with a Lifetime's worth of gold membership, while the core was only a year. Did someone tell me wrong?

I dont know what packages necc come with the two systems(core and premium) but I do know that you dont get XBL gold forever.. its for a year max.. after that you have to renew for the next year.

I dont know who pays 50 for XBL gold... but mine is 69.95 for a year. I thought the silver was 49.95 per year. I dont knwo since I dont have silver.

wolfofwar
As far as hacking goes.. watch your back... MS is luring out the XBox360 hackers and then they are gonna drop the hammer on em... at least thasts the inside word through the grapevine.. so be careful wolf

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

MMOG for Oblivion would have been simply amazing.. and is really only one of two major disapointments for me in what was, otherwise a simply brilliant game.

I think this would have ruined the game. Thinking about all the NPCs in the game that are related to your minor and major quests, and then think about someone else killing the ones you needed so you can never finish your quest.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

Not at all.. simply would have made it so they simply respawn or not killable at all. either way its a simple circumnavigation. Or make a seperate type of gameplay scenario for multiplayer. But as it is now your dead right.. it would screw up the game big time.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllinTheMind89
Mind telling me how to do this? i would greatly appreciate it

Is simple, make a yahoo email, use it to sign up for the passport.

tada, free trail membership, 30 days free gold.

downside, is you have to loose your gamertag and whatever ranks you were at the next time you do it. But I dont care, I just occasionally go online to play anyways, its not worth three month commitments and shelling cash upfront for my off and on nature of multiplay.

Ack

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was rather disappointed with Oblivion. However, I did have a good 40 hours of gameplay. My problem was this:

Leveling up is worthless because all the enemies are the same level as you no matter what, so the only reason to level up is to get the occasional "You are now a master of the sword. Press backwards while attacking to do the blah blah minesweeper attack!" . I really enjoyed the main guilds, though they are all the same except for the thieves guild. It's when I finished the guilds that the game became unbearable. All the oblivion gates are repetitive and boring, and I got sick of going through the same flame-lava half-castles to take a ball off a pedestal.

I did have a lot of fun with the game though. The mission where you go inside the painting to find the woman's husband was great. I loved the painted world.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ack
I did have a lot of fun with the game though. The mission where you go inside the painting to find the woman's husband was great. I loved the painted world.

I havnt gotten to that one yet.... Im stuck on the quest where you have to investigate the stolen painting.. and figure out WHO stole it. I have found all the clues I can but either it is glitched or I am just stuck and I'm missing something.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I dont know who pays 50 for XBL gold... but mine is 69.95 for a year. I thought the silver was 49.95 per year. I dont knwo since I dont have silver.

Silvers free. Everybody with a harddrive gets it. It allows you to send messages, voice chat, download demos, xbox live arcade games, trailers, etc.

Gold is the one that costs money, and it lets you play online.

As far as hacking goes.. watch your back... MS is luring out the XBox360 hackers and then they are gonna drop the hammer on em... at least thasts the inside word through the grapevine.. so be careful wolf

Its not hacking. Gold membership just pays for your rank. I'm just making new accounts every few months. Its a win win for both sides. For people who dont really care about rank, it lets ya play for free, and for microsoft, it adds to the player count, which lets them say they have 2 million subscribers or whatever.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
thanks for the clarification war...

When I was giving you the warning for the hacking I didnt know at that point that you merely used the passport trick... you are right thats not hacking..merely cricumvention..hehe. But they are trying to draw out the hackers..so pass the word to anyone you know that IS hacking the xbox360.

Also thanks for the s"silver" advice..I never had silver so I thought you had to pay for that one too.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Is simple, make a yahoo email, use it to sign up for the passport.

tada, free trail membership, 30 days free gold.

downside, is you have to loose your gamertag and whatever ranks you were at the next time you do it. But I dont care, I just occasionally go online to play anyways, its not worth three month commitments and shelling cash upfront for my off and on nature of multiplay.

Does this really work?

You do not need a credit card ## or anything? I just read this and am at work, so I can't test it out. Like I care about rankings, it is more fun to beat up on newbies anyways. (remembering people lowering their rankings in Halo 2, awesome if you were on the other team, NO GOOD if they were on your team.)

I haven't even tried live yet for xbox360, GF always on the prowl

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You dont need a credit card.

All you do is make a new passport (with a yahoo name.) fill out the stuff with a new phone number, random name and address, doesnt matter, and make your gamer card.

Your set for 30 days.

when it expires, make a new one.

takes about 10 minutes, but for cheapsakes like me, its worth it lol

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
HELLS yeah that is worth it... $54.93 a year worth it

And it automaticalls cancels itself, which rules.

I don't know if anyone else has had horror stories for cancelling xbox live, but I sure do.

Also, thanks for the info on the silver account stuff. Didn't know the HD automatically gives you that.

Mouth

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've been looking in some game shops for a 360, trying to find a preplayed system for cheaper. For some reason, any shop that sells it for preplayed, will always sell it without the HD. I'm guessing they resell the HD seperately, but the HD, even if it's used, still sells for $100. So a used system will cost $280, and a HD will cost $100, which totals out to $380. For this price, I don't see why people won't just buy the premium for $20 more.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
you got an old xbox?

you can trade in your old xbox for some cash towards the 360, get the base model, and, I think even on their website, a used HD is $80, not 100, so, you do save some money going the used route. I think I got my "premium" for $350 after taxes, as apposed to $432

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
we are straying from the topic at hand being

The Elder Scrolls 4 is Awesome!!!

So let me get us back on track...

I just wanted to point out that months after the game has come out they are still releasing extra content which is pretty cool. The newest content release for ES4 is a spell book download that has extra books that teach you spells and skills. I havnt downloaded it yet but after I do Ill let you all know what it is all about.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just bought a 360 yesterday. It was very expensive. I got the premium version, extra wireless controller, $40 one year EB games insurance, and a battery pack charger for the controller, all for $526 :shk:

I had to settle to renting the games from Blockbuster, until I have enough extra to buy. So far, DoA and PD:0 looks and plays amazing. I would prefer it to have faster loading times (the ones for PD takes almost 30 sec), but the rest has me really satisfied with the system.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
PDZ is awful in my opinion...I traded that in to get...this threads game, Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion...I would also reccomend Call of Duty 2, Dead rising is a good rent, annd Fight Night Round 3 is really awesome.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Dead Rising was the reason I bought the 360 (that, and because as someone stated before, MGS4 will be on the 360 too). I checked 5 rental stores near me and none had any in stock for rent, and I doubt I'll get a copy anytime soon due to the popularity of it. So far, I'm trying to find some good offline co-op games, and haven't found too many

What did you not like about PDZ (other than the awful ending)?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The gameplay just lacked the..."LUST" so to speak...yeah the weapon variety was awesome and the graphics we're pretty great...The ending was awful, and the only part i liked was multiplayer...By the way for you and all xbox360 owners, i know at first, i couldnt find ANY games to rent because no store would carry them due to their expensiveness...so they may be slim to none at first, but with time, there will be more...
Some suggestions for games would be Elder scrolls of course, Call of Duty 2 is fun(single player and multi...no co-op though
) Though for co-op, Brothers in arms: Blood something (the 2nd one in the series) was really fun, had co-op, and should be backwards compatible...check www.xbox.com/games for backwards compatible games...have fun

[edit on 5-9-2006 by AllinTheMind89]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join