It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police state, only way to be safe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

www.commondreams.org...

crap the feds could have been in your house, but you wouldnt know would you.

how is this not against the fourth ammendment?

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

*FINALLY* I found somebody out here in cyberspace that is not Oblivious to what is really happening!!! Thank You my friend - I have been freaking out over this issue on ATS for a WHILE now. Most people just don't seem to care all that much in general. I think that they must be BrainDead or something. How could you still Trust this Bush Administration after they have been caught *LYING* to the Public so many times?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yes I would have known if anyone would have been in my house without my consent. And the fact that the courts just struck this program down shows that thgns are actually getting better not worse! That is the only example anyone has cited for as long as I can remember, and that is coming to an end apparantley. I seriously doubt that would have happened in a police state or a country on the way to becoming one.

Its a single President in one short term of our history. There will be another, and people will find reasons to hate him and love him, but life will get better. He will focus on something else, and most people will have forgotten this whole fiasco by the end of HIS term.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
DYepes just because I completely disagree with what you just said doesn't mean I don't hope you are entirely correct.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
yeah the courts JUST stuck it down , but its being appealed.

i know you watch the news , but here since you havent seen any evidence of our rights being messed with.

www.cnn.com...

and somewhere in this post i already posted something about jose padilla
here is what his lawyer thinks.
archives.cnn.com...

oh yeah , he was held for THREE YEARS without being charged. i think that might be a violation of the fifth ammendment.
usinfo.state.gov...

Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

three years without being charged with a crime. oh wait he was an enemy combatant. too bad the deffinition of combatant is someone ENGAGING in armed strife. well he wasnt charged for anything against the usa. he was charged outside the usa, but his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS were ignored.

i dont think it matters how much EVIDENCE i show you. you will still deny our rights are being diluted.

the current goverments thinks they can just scream someone/ anyone is a terrorist and that gives them the right to ignore the constitution. how convenient for them. what is stopping them from naming, you or i terrorist. its just a simple word, and if you take our enemies perspective, we are terrorist.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
grim you were right earlier.

its probably just best for me to ignore whats going on. that way ill never be considered a terrorist .

i just cant stand the fact so many people were screaming they were patriots and they would die to protect the constitution. they were nothing but POSERS. not the same as a patriot.

if someone cant see the birth of a police state and the beggining of the end of the constitution, how do they figure to fight the power with force.

grim if only more americans could THINK intelligently for themselves , we wouldnt have come close to the mess were in, and the tragedy were in for. peace

seraphim serpente, its nice to see someone who can see through the fog, u give me hope. you and grimreaper are a true patriots. fight the power.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A true Patriot would be out there fighting for us rather than post on a forum. The difference between a true Patriot and a poser is action and the willingness to follow through.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
AKRAITES. YOUR COME OFF AS BEING IGNORANT! READ THE WHOLE POST and your will see your comment has already been addressed. or just do me a favor and go here. www.cartoonnetwork.com...

yes that link is right. peace

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I was addressing the fact that you called that guy "a true patriot" when all he is doing is posting on a forum. It is worse to know that something is wrong and do absolutely nothing than to not know and not do anything. After all, the latter doesn't even know that something needs to be done.

Now, since you want to be a prick, it's quite obvious you too are nothing but a poser. What are you doing to save America? What are you doing to change things? Thats right. You're just talking. Thats all you and everyone like you does.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
LIKE I SAID ALREADY. if you read the post maybe you would understand instead of just reading the last page and running your mouth.

im sorry i was a prick, but its just pointless to read the last page of a thread and then think you know what the discussion is about. it doesnt do you any good to just speak, and not listen.

im confused how you think actually REALIZING the problems we are facing and then discussing them is doing nothing. you are on my side , your just blind to it. so i dont want to argue with you because that will accomplish nothing.

if you ask me what the first step to fighting the problems we are going to face. ill tell you . its educating the masses. opening their eyes to the truth. our power is in numbers . we cant stop the king and all of his men, without an army. i dont mean an army with guns and bombs either. that is why discussing it in a forum is the first step. its peaceful protest and we should take advantage of it while we still have our first amendment. now the hard part is getting the word out, to everyone.

just read the post and you will understand more. peace

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Again, you're just talking. You're not doing anything. When you do something, you'll be worth responding to. I'm done with you, kid.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
adios. i dont have time for trolls.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Will both of you shut the hell up? D=

"lawl if u dont do anything ur not TRUE patriot lol1"

Except posting here is spreading his ideas which is doing something in a way. And what, you want him to raise an army and take over Washington, D.C.? lol.

My thing is that a broader scope must be used. The US isn't going OMG POLICE STATE AAAHHHHH HEIL BUSH. Like I said, things like this have happened time, and time, and time and again throughout history. The entire -planet- is sliding toward more authoritarian views. So what? If the people want it, then there's nothing you can do. I think we should try to adhere to the guiding foundation of the United States of America and fight for it, which is my -belief.- My views are exceedingly libertarian (not the political party, though I share more common views with it than I do with pretty much any other).

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Johnmike]

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
im sorry john, i should say lol more.

thanks for editing your post john.

the sad thing with america now is were pushed to be divided. its the only way the elite can keep their plans in motion. if we all stood together, the revolution would have happened already. we get that chance every two to four years, and im not saying vote democratic. thats just part of the division. peace and goodnight.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

the current goverment thinks they can just scream someone/anyone is a terrorist and that gives them the right to ignore the constitution. how convenient for them. what is stopping them from naming, you or i terrorist. its just a simple word, and if you take our enemies perspective, we are terrorists.

Awsome eg23! I am also glad that someone else out there (a.k.a. YOU) gets it! What happens when the Government starts calling everyone they don't like a "Terrorist" & everything they don't like a "Terrorist Action" or "Terrorist Enabler"? What happens when Politics enters the Equation. As a matter of fact it HAS ALREADY! Political rivals are already calling each other Terrorists!

I can see the Campaign Ads already: "Democrat X does not Support the Patriot Act or NSA Wiretapping (Picture of Osama in the Background). Democrat X is "Pro-Terrorism" (or something Absurd as such). Vote for Republican X - a "True Patriot" (the American Flag & a Cross in the Background)!" Paid for by the "Committee for a Corporate backed Police State for a Stronger America".

You guys want a good idea of what the NSA is capable of - just watch the movie "Enemy of the State". Imagine these powers being turned on YOU!

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Elitegamer23, you need to watch the last video "The Turning of the Tide" at www.freespeechwar.com...

Much of the video focuses on the simple mind manipulation going on. You see, this whole "we want more security" is a classic example of problem-reaction-solution. Watch the video and it will become very clear for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
if it means i can go to the movies without being blown up, if it means i can fly anywhere in the usa without being blown up, if it means that i can be safe from crack addicts who might wana rob me for crack money then im all for a police state. more power to the goverment.

You sound like your quoting directly out of a book written by Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. But I'll just assume you're playing the Devil's advocate...

its our only hope to never be hit from home grown terrorism. we need more cops and less guns in the hands of the people.

I think we need more guns in the hands of the people and no restrictions on our second ammendment rights. One of the first steps that dictators take when consolidating power is disarming the populance. Guns are a deterrent to totalitarianism and the second ammendment protects all the others.

imagine if we had a camera on every corner and every alley in american cities . it would be a great deterent.

Imagine if we had a camera in every living room. Actually I have an even better idea. Everyone watches television right? What if we had cameras in our televisions that the government could monitor us through? Of course you would never be allowed to turn it off. Instead of the semi-independant news media reporting treasonous stories like the Bush administration breaking the 1978 FISA act we could instead have the NSA write all of the news. We could stop all those traitors giving aid and comfort to the enemy and build support for the war at the same time!

Instead of Television we could call it a Telescreen.

if the goverment could wire tap everyone we would have less crime. jsut build more prisons. its cheaper then wellfare. crime in america is on the rise.

You do have a point. There are other places that we could potentially cut costs. Did you know that it costs more to execute someone than to keep them alive in prison for the rest of their lives due to the appeals process and our concept of "fairness" and "justice?" I'm sure we could learn a thing or two from China.

For executions a bullet to the head is a lot cheaper, a lot more efficient, and a lot more effective as an instrument of fear.

Keep that in mind when they come for your guns...

remember us americans want saftey more then education and a clean planet. we need a bigger brother watching us.

This is only a recent phenomenon, IE: since 2001.

I for one still have hope this is only a phase that we're going through as a country. And hopefully the proto-facist peoples that currently inhabit the 50 United States will soon wake up and revert back to being American.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir

I for one still have hope this is only a phase that we're going through as a country. And hopefully the proto-facist peoples that currently inhabit the 50 United States will soon wake up and revert back to being American.

It is not a phase we are going through, it is the result of a more than 40 year manipulation of the masses, we are just now coming to the friut of those labors. We are no longer for the people by the people. We are for the corporation by the corporation and it does not matter what the people think, they will be easily manipulated. I am pretty sure the end result will not be in place until I am old and the teens that are around now are in there 40's and 50' and are running the show they are being brought up on being searched identified having no privacy little fearful sheep. With modern technology, if they can be manipulated to give up the freedom of a non-censored Internet, it will become a "Prison Planet", with no hope of throwing the shackles. We are the last hope, and we are doing nothing, no one is throwing themselves on the gears of the machine anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I see the thread has made a turn in a different direction in my abscence.
Its good to know that you are NOT one of those who were actually FOR a police state; EliteGamer23

But for future reference; you might want to not draw peoples anger out before wanting to have a civil conversation

Back to topic

The question seems to be going more in the direction how does one go about organizing the "masses". That is a difficult question indeed. The first problem is, of course convincing everyone(or at very least 20-50 million), of exactly what is occurring. If you manage to do that; your next step is to get those 20-50 million to agree on WHAT those changes need to be. Then, if by some miracle, you suceed there; you must next get them to agree on HOW to implement those changes. It really is alot more complicated then that.. but I just wanted to hit the tip of the ice burg.

What can one person do?

It is often said "But I am just one person what can I do?" Indeed, what can one person do? why dont you ask Gandhi, Jesus, MLK, Bob Marley, Mother Theresa(sp?) and many others? One person can change the world.. for the better or for the worse.
For every Gandhi; there is a Hitler. People with the drive and desire to make change.
Though most times, to walk that path, immeasurable personal sacrifices must be made. It is a most difficult and courageous path. More times than not; it is filled with pain and untimely death. The life of a matyr. And, no matter how honest, virtuous, sincere, dedicated, charitable, honor-bound, etc one might be; there is still going to be those that cannot be convinced of the motives and plan. For as much inspiration one would potentially draw from a life such as this; one would draw even more hate from those that oppose you(for whatever their reason). But If a modern day Gandhi were here today; would he be supported, or mocked by todays masses?

Things one person can do
1.)Do nothing
2.)Do the minimum- Vote; watch the news.
3.)Alittle more than the minimum- Vote; watch the news; do some minor "investigating" behind some of the bigger stories; maybe post on a forum(like us..
)
4.)Starting to get into it- Get involved with local community projects; vote; Write your representatives; post on a couple forums; medium "investigative" research; watch the news; host a blog.
5.)Knee deep in the mud- Get involved in politics directly(local) OR Be in a govtwatchdog type group; involved in local community projects; vote(in primaries and local elections as well as; major elections); watch all the news stations at once; host a blog; post on forums; major "investigative" research;
6.)up to your neck- Involved in political arean for the long haul(either as a representative or leader of a govt. watchdog group; insanely massive "investigative" research(usually have a team of reasearchers); Vote in every election and primary(local, state, fed); Have a blog team; Always doing community projects; News is now all that is on your ten TVs(including foreign news networks);
7.)Over your head- The life of a martyr(although only seen that way if done through non violence) in the footsteps of Jesus, Gandhi, MLK, etc.. nothing is assured; may get stoned to death by the masses; may be ignored by the masses; may be laughed at by the masses; may succeed. Almost garauntees a life of financial poverty and untimely demise.

The question is: How far are you willing to go into this life? What sacrifices are you prepared to make in order to fullfill this goal?

thank you for your time.

[edit on 8/19/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ive been too busy the last few days to respond to this thread as id like to but i have time to write this.

i think we should have an ats project to figure out if we really are moving towards a police state/police world. and if that is the case its obvious ALL of us would not tolerate this.

the ats project should be a discussion to figure out what we can do about it, and
how we can get the word out to the masses . i think something could be done and i think the minds of ats are the ones to start it.

once such a mission is started i think it would create a domino effect and would need less work from anyone from ats because we would have the masses we need to reach, doing the work for us.

we could use the power of myspace or simple chain emails. sounds cheesy but its asimple idea i have in mind at the moment. imagine making people who use the internet everyday realizing someday they couldnt log on because it wouldnt be in the best interest of the elite who want to control us.

just simple thoughts, but after hearing so many people claim they would die for our freedoms, i think there might be a better way to fight for them. peace

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Your input is in fact quite resourceful and simple. Myspace is got a great global reach and possible legal mass email lists can ensure millions of messages are sent out. You are correct in that I believe we should discuss ideas to spread the reality of freedom and government to as many people as we can within the bounds of the law.

A new thread discussion on that subject would go in which forum? ATS, PTS, or BTS ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join