It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Tanks Moving on the Israeli-Syrian Border!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Syria wont be part of the peace keeping force because Israel isnt that dumb. They are part of the reason for this, why would Israel trust them to help stop it?

As stated, Syria posses no or a very small threat to Israel. This is just Syria getting attention.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't know about all this. I don't believe nukes will be flying, but attacks I am almost positive will happen. The Iranians and Syrians know it is just a matter of time before their governments lie in ruins. Governments will do anything to keep power...This seems like the perfect time. The tip top amount of support by the Islamic world to go against Israel is present. I would be surprised if nothing came of this...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No offense to any of you, but neither of you have any idea which member-nations of the UN will contributre their men and woman to the peacekeeping force, so do not rule things about based on how you "feel" or believe Israel feels about the situation.

I would believe Hezbollah would be more likely to respect an ally keeping tabs on them than Western foreigners. This would also give them the ability to re-station troops in Lebanon.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
No offense to any of you, but neither of you have any idea which member-nations of the UN will contributre their men and woman to the peacekeeping force, so do not rule things about based on how you "feel" or believe Israel feels about the situation.

DYepes, I am sure it can be safe knowledge that Syria is not sending any troops to be part of the multi-national force. Israel wouldn't accept that.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think they are doing this just for precaution to help out helzballa. Just in case Israel starts firing again.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If recent news reports are accurate, they won't have to lift a finger to do damage to Israel.

News Item

If the allogations made in this article turn out to be on target, the fallout will be almost as bad as battlefield failure for the Israelis. It will certainly cause Olmert to lose his job.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Apparently the tanks have been repositioned to better ride upon hezbollah's coat-tails.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

I would believe Hezbollah would be more likely to respect an ally keeping tabs on them than Western foreigners. This would also give them the ability to re-station troops in Lebanon.

The flow of arms to hezbollah comes from Syria would any rational person think that Syria would be a part of a peace keeping effort when they have fueled the fires of war, IMHO Israel would never agree to a Syrian presence within the peacekeeping force if they did they would run the risk of Syria using that as a means to suppy hezbollah with more arms instead of disarming them which I believe is the intent.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
If recent news reports are accurate, they won't have to lift a finger to do damage to Israel.

News Item

If the allogations made in this article turn out to be on target, the fallout will be almost as bad as battlefield failure for the Israelis. It will certainly cause Olmert to lose his job.

I always suspected this was the case, that the US pressured Israel. Ever since the beginning of this mess, I thought that the aim was to get Syria and Iran involved. I think that happens a lot. Even though people think Israel controls the US, but the neoconservatives control the US and have a lot of influence in Israel and in my opinion are worse than Israel!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
This move by syria could be a pre-cursor to a joint strike with Iran on Israel.

This is not making any sense to anyone,and it makes the possibility of this being a valid threat even more real.

I would bet money that there is more to come from this move....

[edit on 13-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

EXACTLY! that's what i think..I think this is a move on this August 22nd secret Iranian plan we've been hearing about. It's all coming together. This is going to blow up. The United States has had war plans for Iran for a few years now. The United States government is going to use this as a reason to get in this war. The slightest movement is going to set this off and suddenly what you're going to have is the United States, Israel, and probably England vs Iran and Syria with Hezbollah attacks in Israel. That's just at first. I'm almost certain there will be a middle east unification on this issue and we'll be dealing with more than just those middle eastern countries. This has the potential to blow up into World War 3. Anybody who thought this U.N. cease fire deal was actually going to stick is a moron. Has the U.N. proven to us they can do anything right? I don't think so. Watch this very closely in the next few days. We're heading for more war..

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's no secret that Israel has said that they will not allow Iran to aquire nuclear weaponry, In a war setting the opponent who has the first stike advantage will have the upper hand knowing that Israel/U.S. are going to eventually strike Iran/Syria may be trying to one-up us on a first strike.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I begin to think that the Syrians intend to sucker-unch if they get the chance. Their tanksare now poised to make a run for the Golan. The IDF is ignoring the many small attempts by Hezbollah to provoke them. I think they'll wait for the "big one" 'til the Lebanese Army is in place, along with all those blue helmets. Then, they'll pull the pin on something ugly. The IDF will have to sit there and take it. That could also mean a loss of the Golan.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Even though people think Israel controls the US, but the neoconservatives control the US and have a lot of influence in Israel and in my opinion are worse than Israel!

I think it's more a case of the same crowd currently holding the reins both in the US and in Israel. Remember governments aren't generally monolithic entities, they are filled with factions vying for power. The neocons currently in power in the US and the Israeli right wing currently share very similar ideologies and goals.

I am extremely skepical of the idea that Iran and Syria are going to launch a war against Israel anytime soon. They don't have the means to do so. '

And a campaign to retake the Golan would likely have unanticipated consequences. Israel is widely reputed to have placed nuclear land mines there. Faced with a "use it or lose it" choice, they'd almost certainly use them.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You guys are something else.

I will never understand how a country can be faulted for attacking a terrorist group who kidnapped their soldiers.

Its beyond me. Some people just have such a blind hatred for Israel.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I agree. But then again nothing is as it seems. Doesnt matter now anyway. The tribulation starts next year then its just 3 and half years till BOOM!! hahaha GO ISRAEL!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
I agree. But then again nothing is as it seems. Doesnt matter now anyway. The tribulation starts next year then its just 3 and half years till BOOM!! hahaha GO ISRAEL!!!

when exactly is the tribulation suppose to start?? I've heard so many predictions about it but no time frames, It would seem that these smaller wars are a pre-cursor to the biggie coming soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69

Bloody religious mumbo jumbo. I really wish religion was banned, it would be so much more peaceful on this rock without all you God botherers about.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How can you ban something that only exists in a persons mind in which they have complete control to believe in or not?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The situation is still very dangerous. You wil note that all the civilians that are coming back in to south Lebanon make a good cover for Hezbollah resupply and troop movements. If the civvies get caught up in the fighting again, they may be a bit more signed to it. Especialy if Hezbollah keep handing out the free stuff. I thought it was quite a touch to see them using their soldiers as manual labor to clear the rubble in some places. You can't buy that kind of PR. IDF commanders must be furious.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SenHeathen
How can you ban something that only exists in a persons mind in which they have complete control to believe in or not?

By removing any and all reference to religion and banning it's teachings, religion could be wiped out in a generation. Easy. If people don't know about it, it wont exist...

Anyway, back on topic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join