It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Tanks Moving on the Israeli-Syrian Border!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Oh yes indeed!Israel has attacked pre-emptively.in 1967 i believe.They were right 2!They were about 2 be attacked and hit first.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
If Israel attacks Syria in any way I think it'd be a horrible move. If Syria wants a fight, let em make the first move.

------------------------------------------

I hate to go somewhat off topic but I figure it is related to this discussion losely, but if the mods feel so, they may delete my post.

Vitchilo, how do you figure the West will be able to redraw so many borders and create new countries? To me this is somewhat "impossible" but I'd like some more info on it if you dont mind. Thanx

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I know this might be a stretch but could this be a fore-shadow of the August 22 nuclear war predicted by some here at ATS I mean anything is possible in speculation right???

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I know this might be a stretch but could this be a fore-shadow of the August 22 nuclear war predicted by some here at ATS I mean anything is possible in speculation right???

It's a good question, Syria might just be preparing the majority of their army to rush into Israel when Iran strikes on August 22. Although it's just a "Prediction" made by Bernard Lewis, it can be a possible scenario. We'll notice their intentions on that day, Also...

This quote has it all.

August 22 (Rajab 28), 12th Imam, Saladin, Conquering of Jerusalem, and rethinking of nuclear policies. Not a good mix.

But lets get back ontopic.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
well it would definitely benefit syria to play a defensive rather than offensive game for sure if they want to make the most out of their air defense. Any kind of nuke will most likely be a 'battlefield nuke' rather than a biggie, although all bets are off if Israel use theirs...

Has anyone read a book I think it was called Total War 2006 or something like that which predicted (among other things) Israel using their nukes and America actually nuking Israel in order to stop them.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
well it would definitely benefit syria to play a defensive rather than offensive game for sure if they want to make the most out of their air defense. Any kind of nuke will most likely be a 'battlefield nuke' rather than a biggie, although all bets are off if Israel use theirs...

Has anyone read a book I think it was called Total War 2006 or something like that which predicted (among other things) Israel using their nukes and America actually nuking Israel in order to stop them.

Never heard of the book but it sounds very interesting, I dont know about the U.S. actually nuking our allies sounds pretty far fetched if you ask me but in a nuclear theater i'm sure anything can happen. scary

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yes it predicted a woman president of USA (thinly veiled Billary I guess who switched from Democrat to Republican to gain office - sounds like Joe Liebermann doesn't it?)

It's a good book that outlines the rise of Islamic radicalism across the world and how they use low tech weapons for big events.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Sounds like a reasonable theory, but I feel the drama at present is someone who is trying to make good on a promise to "wipe Israel off the map" remember those words and who used them. It may be that all parties involved should have taken Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a little more seriously IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yes but almost all middle eastern peoples share that opinion believing the creation of the state of Israel displaced those who had a right to the land of Palestine. Ahmanijad runs his mouth alot but is pretty shrewd underneath as can be seen in his (overlong) letter to Bush. I'm not condoning his comments at all but he is not the 1 dimensional figure he is often portrayed as.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Agreed then, I believe that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the personification of the middle east sentiment toward Israel and his views are not his alone it may be that in a war of the magnitude that is seemingly coming, he would be removed from power but that still wont erase the hate toward the nation of Israel as a whole by the middle eastern community.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's also worth noting that a great deal of influence in Iran comes from the Ayatollahs themslves. Iran is also a very well educated country in comparison to many in Mid-East and many people make the mistake of thinking Iran is an Arab country when in fact it's more Persian and subtly different in many ways...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It is an interesting move by Syria, to mobilize its military to the border with Israel as would Egypt mobalize there troops on the border with Israel[1]. However, there are several reasons as to why this might be done:
  • Getting ready for an invasion
  • An attempt to scare the international community and/or Israel.
  • A way of forcing Israel to respect the United Nation’s Resolution
  • Attention Seeking.
In all respect, it is more than likely the last one.

Syria, is in no fit state to go to war with Israel. Furthermore, it would mean they would likely get invaded and the Government would be removed by force. Israel after all does have the ability to blitz most of Syria and as can be seen by their actions in Lebanon care not for the amount of civilian casualties that are inflicted upon them.

Syria and its Government are not stupid. They know they can not do anything to Israel, unless it is put in a position where Lebanon [albeit Hezbollah] are at an all out war with them, before they can attempt anything. Even then, it is risky for them to do such a thing against Israel while they have the backing of the United State’s and it is likely they’d not attempt a war until they’ve matched other Arabic Nation’s [or Northern African Nation’s] in technological capability.

The last thing the Syrian Government want is to loose a war with Israel. It would cause more aggression from the people and the war itself could result in their own deaths. These people enjoy ruling these Nation's with an Iron Fist.

[1] www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Edit: Didn't finish off the post. :|

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Odium]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Er Syria dones't have a border with Egypt did you mean Israel?

I'm unconvinced Israel would 'blitz' Syria as easily as you suggest, latest modelling on comparitive military shows Syria have a sophisticated air defense array and I assume Israel would be using mainly airpower for this 'blitzing'?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
It is an interesting move by Syria, to mobilize its military to the border with Israel as would Egypt mobalize there troops on the border with Israel[1]. However, there are several reasons as to why this might be done:
  • Getting ready for an invasion
  • An attempt to scare the international community and/or Israel.
  • A way of forcing Israel to respect the United Nation’s Resolution
  • Attention Seeking.
In all respect, it is more than likely the last one.

[1] www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Edit: Didn't finish off the post. :|

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Odium]

what could a move like this from Syria mean?? A) on your list strikes a cord with me due to the fact that this brazen move would suggest that Syria is making moves according to their allies wishes, IRAN,and Russsia possibly. What else makes sense, syria has never been a big attention seeking country IMO.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth

Originally posted by the_sentinal

It's a good question, Syria might just be preparing the majority of their army to rush into Israel when Iran strikes on August 22. Although it's just a "Prediction" made by Bernard Lewis, it can be a possible scenario. We'll notice their intentions on that day, Also...

This quote has it all.

August 22 (Rajab 28), 12th Imam, Saladin, Conquering of Jerusalem, and rethinking of nuclear policies. Not a good mix.

This was an interesting find from a religious web site I sometimes check-out

I was watching Fox News 'Heartland' where G. Omid was
being interviewed. She had barely escaped the middle east with her life. Her friends in Iran were
telling her that the religious leaders in Iran have been informed to ready their followers that
Iran is going to attack Israel in a few days, and the Irainian army had begun building
baracades along the roadsides. She seemed extremely credible and the interveiwer took her quite
seriously. I have heard much speculation about August 22, but this is the first time I had heard
a first hand report from inside Iran so thought I would pass it on.

has anyone seen this information on the people of Iran knowing that their government is planning an attack!!

[edit on 14-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A very stupid move by the Syrians, if found to be true.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
First, everyone calm down. Someone said Koffi contacted the Syrian leader. Syria is a member of the UN as everyone should know. Has anyone at all taken into consideration that perhaps these forces are an initial contribution to the UN peacekeeping force that will be deployed along the Southern Lebanese border, as well as simply fortifying their own border against any breaches?

I find this to be a lot more likely than the armageddon scenario were all pulling out of our behinds here. Can we pelase dismiss the whole August 22 load of BS too? Why do some people even choose to hold a glimmer of hope that it shall come to pass anyways? It is just rediculous speculation and attention seeking by those who predicted it. After all there is a new date just about every single week, and I am sure there is already another date floating around by now.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Accidental double post.

[edit on 8/14/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Somehow I doubt that Syria is contributing anything but more headaches to the ordeal. Considering Syria and Iran are basically the culprits behind this whole mess it would be pretty "convenient" that they come swooping in to save the day. They talk alot of smack and make alot of shifty backdoor decisions, wouldn't surprise me if they took this as a cue to mobilize thier army and display thier muscle (as flabby as that is).

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thirty tanks don't constitute much of a threat to the IDF.
IMHO this is just a signal - probably "don't try anything funny while things are winding down, we're watching" - and nothing more.
That is if there is anything to the story at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join