It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Tanks Moving on the Israeli-Syrian Border!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In a curious move by the Syrian government and after decades of silence along this stretch of the Israeli border the Syrian's have begun moving tanks in along the Israeli border. Fox news reported this afternoon that as many as thirty Syrian tanks had moved into positions along the border with Israel.

www.theconservativevoice.com
By Sher Zieve – On Sunday FNC reports that according to its sources, Syrian tanks are building up along the Israel-Syrian border. At this juncture, the Syrians' intentions are said to be unclear.

The UN’s Resolution 1701 to ostensibly end the fighting between Israel and terrorist Hezbollah, signed by both Israel and Lebanon, is to go into effect Monday morning. However, the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah continues, with a Hezbollah drone said to have been shot down by Israel on Sunday.

Syria and Iran have both been named as providing financial and logistical support to Hezbollah.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With military analysts not sure whether this move is a defensive move or an offensive one, it can only serve to heighten tensions already at a boiling point. With a cease-fire deal about to be implemented it would seem like more of an offensive move, if viewed offensively by Israel we may indeed be seeing an escalation in this conflict.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would like to see a second source on this please. If you can find one.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Great, just after the cease fire the syrians decide to be attention whores. What a bunch of putz'z

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Fox news reported this, this afternoon and this was all I could find on it, very strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The report of this came directly from a reporter in the field somewhere in Israel this may be a first hand account, the number of tanks were given on air! this is not being reported by any other news source that i can find, can anyone else try and find something out on this??

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I found this:
newsblaze.com...

Night Watch: DAMASCUS - Syria has taken more steps in preparation for entering the war with Israel in support of Hezbollah and Lebanon. Debka reports that Syria President Bashar Assad has ordered a full mobilization of the military for a limited war with Israel. Damascus is strengthening its border with Lebanon and along the Syrian border with Israel's Golan Heights. Tank and missile units are now headed toward both borders

I'm not familiar with the source, but so far nothing from a more familiar source.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Did Syrian tanks began to move before or after "the phone call";

www.sana.org...

I don't understand why Koffi Anan would call Asad? Hmmm...........

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Before, theres been talks of Syrian tanks moving for days now.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
OK, should this be viewed as an offensive move or a defensive move??? bearing in mind that we are on the brink of a cease-fire deal.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well this certainly isn't a good move with a ceasefire getting ready to take hold.

If its true, somehow, I think israel is going to be taking some serious issue about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, Israel has been in a constant state of war since it was made a country.

All the meetings for peace over the last half century and in the last four weeks, it all gets worked out?

No way.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the peace didn't last a full second. IMHO, the UN is just going to get in the way as they try to figure out which way to run when they retreat.

Seriously, who are they going to shoot at? Even if they are fired on, are they really going to fight back? (Rather, will they be allowed?)

I truly hope I am wrong but I would be VERY surprised if the peace lasted 24 hours.

We shall see.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I find the timing to be very strange.

Why put tanks on the border NOW, when the fighting is about to stop????

Also,Syria should have learned it's lessons about messing with the IDF.

They have had massive amounts of tanks/fighters/radar sites all distroyed by Israel the last time they tried a war with them.

You see, this would be MUCH different than fighting the terrorists who hide behind civillians.

Syria has tanks/jets and military bases that can all be blown to heck. It has happened several times before and it just may have to happen again.

It is also a hook to get Iran directly involved, by"protecting Syria" if it attacks Israel.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This move by syria could be a pre-cursor to a joint strike with Iran on Israel.

This is not making any sense to anyone,and it makes the possibility of this being a valid threat even more real.

I would bet money that there is more to come from this move....

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It would seem highly unlikely that Israel would plan on withdrawal with this type of development.

I'm skeptical of this story...

I'll wait and see.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This story originated from Fox news maybe they ARE Faux news.
at any rate I figured I should post this story because if it's true the implications could be huge. seriously though I cant see a major news source like Fox putting out faulty news stories.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinalseriously though I cant see a major news source like Fox putting out faulty news stories.

Uh huh...

I'm with loam, i'm waiting to see this appear on a more believable station.. such as ALL of them. This would be a huge development that no one could ignore.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I still believe that there is some truth to the story......

Loam: could it be possible that Israel still agreed to the cease-fire even after the move by Syria knowing that the Hezzbollah would never actually stop fighting or firing rockets giving them an advantage in the eyes of the world, saying " look we have agreed to a cease-fire and the rockets keep coming and Syria is amassing tanks on the border so we are going to expand our theater of operations against the enemy, to include Syria" ....A very scary senerio indeed...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I still believe that there is some truth to the story......

Loam: could it be possible that Israel still agreed to the cease-fire even after the move by Syria knowing that the Hezzbollah would never actually stop fighting or firing rockets giving them an advantage in the eyes of the world, saying " look we have agreed to a cease-fire and the rockets keep coming and Syria is amassing tanks on the border so we are going to expand our theater of operations against the enemy, to include Syria" ....A very scary senerio indeed...

They consider this retreat as a defeat. So they would welcome an attack against Syria because they know that without Syria Hezbollah would be much powerless.

Maybe another thing, Hezbollah killed 1 of the 7 tanks divisions that Israëli had. Maybe they try to attack them while they are weak?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Maybe Syria is expecting Israel to hold its promise on a cease fire, the tanks to show Israel Syria wants it to end. If Israel hits Lebanon again, I honestly think Syria will strike, being the savior running into battle to save the lil guy. You can bet Iran would join as well. Very strange that all of a sudden Syria felt the need to do this.... What is he trying to pull?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Vitchilo, Not to mention the helicopter they lost to hezzbollah from a missile strike the other day Russian equipment seems to be getting better against U.S. equipment if these kinds of losses keep adding up, the improved performance of the russian equipment may be causing a spike in confidence among Israel's enemies thus we see the bolder stance on the border....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join