It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does seeing 9:11 on the clock mean anything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
because it seems like half the time i look at the clock it says 9:11. now i think that's just weird or maybe since 9/11 is always talked about it's stuck in the back of my mind and just notice 9:11 more on the clock.

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I see it a couple times a day too. Pretty spooky!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Of course it means something....... that I'm late for work. Gotta go!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
See it all the time. I also see 4:20 too

You see loads of times on your clock everyday. You really dont see 9/11 anymore than anyone else, its that you remember seeing it because the numbers have signifigance.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I can just picture it. The alarm goes off but, as we all sometimes do, you hit the snooze button to catch just a few more moments of shuteye before you start your day. Of course, it's inevitable that something like this is bound to happen but you wake with a start. you look at the clock and it says ; 9:11. What does this mean?

It means you are late for work!

I don't mean to sound flippant. I can understand how certain numbers or patterns of numbers can sort of become "meaningful". At different times in my life, I have noticed 11:11 or, my favorite, 12:34. I don't know why we impart importance to such common occurences. Perhaps it's a touch of Obsessional Comulsive Disorder? Regardless, I feel safe to say that seeing 9:11 on a clock means nothing other than you remember a set of numbers that have assumed a great deal of importance in our society and culture. Everyone notices them. It was a traumatic event in our history and, in the future, 911 might come to be regarded as something to be feared like the number "13". So relax.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i have woken up suddenly and my clock read 9:11

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Our brains are very complex super computers that process and store data for retrieval based on a lot of different factors. Emotion, reaction, experience and so on.

9-11 is a significant number and your brain is very used to storing numbers in all sorts of patterns. Phone numbers, Social security, bank accounts and PIN numbers, birthdays and so on. Your brain sorts and files these numbers based on use and importance, social, bank accounts, PINS, Important (to you) Birthdays and of course those phone numbers of friends and coworkers that are easily retrieved because of use and importance.

So, our brains hear or see something with a 9-11 because - especially for Americans - this is a number our brain has placed a lot of signifigance toward.

We notice it because our brain has a lot of data it can call up based on this number the same way it calls up information based on other significant numbers already stored there.

When you begin to dial a friend whose number you have memorized your brain supplies supplimental information, your friends name, their picture and perhaps other information.

Had the terrorist attack occured on 8-14 you'd notice that a lot more, so it is just coincidence and again is just a demonstration of how miraculous the human machine can be.

IMO of course, I could be totally wrong.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It usually means its 9:11AM or, quite possibly, maybe 9:11PM. If your clock is three minutes fast, it actually means 9:09, AM or PM. This could change though; assuming your clock is 11 hours and 57 minutes fast, your clock would say 9:11PM when in all actuality it is 9:14AM!
All kidding aside, the person that posted right above me explained it best I think. I always notice when the clock says 6:26 because its my B-day. And, 4:20 reminds me of my college days! (That's the universal time to begin your "studies")

[edit on 15-8-2006 by CreeWolf]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

See it all the time. I also see 4:20 too

me too, but more than twice a day~!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Eample: When I have to get up early, I don't sleep well, so I will wake up at 6/7 in the moring when I need to be up by 8. I often wake up 30 minutes befor emy alarm clock goes off. I'm just predisposed to do this.
My father's predisposed t get up at 4 in the morning for a short while, and then goes back to bed.

If you are very focused on that number, you could be predisposed to waking up right at that time. The issue, then is with you.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is a universal thread for discussing the significance of numbers.
Please post your comments there
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join