It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Astronauts dangling on wires giveaway! VIDEO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing that Washington lost the tape. Isn't this is way our government always works.

I think for the people that keep saying I don't know why I am still coming to this thread blah! blah! then why do you keep coming to this thread, you have made you point so enough is enough. If other people want to talk about it it's there business let them be.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I was reading this thread earlier and then saw this, I think it's relevant

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's a bbc story regarding the whereabouts and quality of the original moon landing film

Does anyone know any more about this?

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Molech]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I thought this was bunk and still do, but one thing I did notice. Look at the dirt and dust kicked around, it reacts the same as it does on earth, yet the astronauts still look like they are in 1/6 gravity. That really doesnt make much sense, why wouldnt the dirt and dust fall slower like the astronauts do?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Isn't it amazing that Washington lost the tape. Isn't this is way our government always works.

I think for the people that keep saying I don't know why I am still coming to this thread blah! blah! then why do you keep coming to this thread, you have made you point so enough is enough. If other people want to talk about it it's there business let them be.

Didn't say I didn't know why I kept coming to this thread - just that I didn't know why I was wasting electrons in posting when I know that the people who believe that the moon landing(s) was(were) a hoax are far too far gone to believe anything factual.

I actually enjoy reading threads like this because I like to laugh at morons. They entertain me.

Perhaps if I told you that I was abducted and the aliens told me that the moon landing was real you would believe?

jra

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Look at the dirt and dust kicked around, it reacts the same as it does on earth, yet the astronauts still look like they are in 1/6 gravity. That really doesnt make much sense, why wouldnt the dirt and dust fall slower like the astronauts do?

Did you see the Hammer and Feather experiment? They drop a hammer and a feather and they both hit the ground at the same time. The dust falls at the same speed as the Astronaut. Acceleration on the Moon is 1.6m/s, if you drop an object from 2 meters, it will hit the ground it 1.25 seconds. The dust does not fall like it would here on Earth. Kick up some dust, you will see it stay suspended in the air for much longer due to the atmosphere/air resistance, unlike the Moon which has no atmosphere/air resistance. Perhaps you've heard of a man named Galileo. He discovered that two objects of different weights falling from the same height would hit the ground at the same time.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
what i see in the last scene:

at first the guy on the ground really seems to struggle while trying to gett up, then, when his feet nowhere close to a useful position, he starts to magically rise, at which point, he starts rocking back & forth visibly and uncontrollably as if dangling on wires. the effect is clear as day (to me at least), if i suck because of that so be it but that's what i saw.

so, imho, no you're not automatically debunked, no you're not crazy and it's a fake, one way or the other. the problem is attributing it to NASA, they will just deny everything and the media turns a blind eye. lost moon footage? mid 90s forgeries on the web?

nothing to see here, move along and don't forget to bury your head in the sand. if these guys ever went to the moon (i think they did) the footage they got gave them a heart attack and they didn't even try sanitizing the stuff. either way they're lying, we cannot believe a single statement that comes out of NASA/ESA or any other XYSA (including China's and India's when the time comes).

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
what i see in the last scene:

at first the guy on the ground really seems to struggle while trying to gett up, then, when his feet nowhere close to a useful position, he starts to magically rise, at which point, he starts rocking back & forth visibly and uncontrollably as if dangling on wires . the effect is clear as day (to me at least), if i suck because of that so be it but that's what i saw.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! This is what you see when you OPEN YOUR EYES rather than your MOUTHS like many others here

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! This is what you see when you OPEN YOUR EYES rather than your MOUTHS like many others here

after all the time ppl took to put up on this thread, and this is the only rebutle you can come up with...thats really lame...just because not everyone see's what you see doesnt mean you gotta say something as childish as that.. grow up dude

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Skeptik1st]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Skeptik1st]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just a humble opinion here, since I and no one I know has either been to the moon or faked being on the moon.

To my eyes, the fallen astronaut seems to being holding on to the other astronauts lowered right hand/arm or a tool in same hand with his left arm/hand to steady himself and /or to provide some leverage or resistance on which to pull himself up with. He appears to be "rocking" himself into a position in which his feet can find purchase in the lunar soil, which doesnt look to be the the greatest for grip at times.

I'm under the impression that it is very hard to "behave normally" in these suits due to the fact that they are A.) very bulky and thick and B.) pressurized in a vacuum environment (using a full suit man-shaped air bladder layer with a restraint or antibulge layer over it), which stiffens them even more. No deep knee bends or jumping jacks in these suit in a vacuum let alone in an atmosphere and if you catch the mass of the PLSS a little off center it could also do a lot to mess with the balance and stability of the astronaut. A link here about the evolution and construction of space suits over the years.

From the first post, I really dont think that it is fair to say the it doesnt matter if the video is of poor quality either. If we are to watch the video and are expected to extrapolate from it that the fallen astronaut is on wires, his actions during his fall and recovery, IMO, are not enough to prove he is on wires. Being in 1/6 gravity in a multilayered, thick, not to flexible pressurized suit with 100 lbs. on your back (remember, its not the weight - its the mass) in a near vacuum on a dodgy suface at best is more than enough to make me side with no wires or fakery. If I am asked to believe there are wires in that instance and taking the above into consideration, there had better be a shot of more than just a glint of some kind of support apparatus in the video, and not a reflection off of the PLSS antenna.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
NASA staged photos and probably videos too, thats no secret, they did it for the press pictures, Nasa has admited that...

there is a great movie: Capricorn One ... its about a fake mars trip back on the seventies. as a movie I think its not so good but, the plot is great...

[edit on 15/8/06 by derfred33]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have a question for those who believe we actually were on the moon.
How did our astronauts survive the radiation from the Van Allen Radiation belt? I read that past a certain part of our orbit lies this deadly radiation.
There were reports from astronauts of seeing flashing particles when they're eyes where closed on early space missions.( due in part to the radiation soaking into their skulls)
I don't see any radiation protective suits or any lead based protection on their 'space ships'

video.google.com...

[edit on 093131p://35089 by enrage]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Again, I refer to badastronomy.com, specifically to :

This is complete and utter nonsense. The van Allen belts are regions above
the Earth's surface where the Earth's magnetic field has trapped particles of
the solar wind. An unprotected man would indeed get a lethal dose of
radiation, if he stayed there long enough. Actually, the spaceship traveled
through the belts pretty quickly, getting past them in an hour or so. There
simply wasn't enough time to get a lethal dose, and, as a matter of fact, the
metal hull of the spaceship did indeed block most of the radiation

www.badastronomy.com...

So, as you can see, the radiation argument doesn't hold water, and if you check the web site above, you will see that all arguments can be easily explained.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
...it shouldn’t really surprise anyone to see Images of Astronauts dangling from wires in what appears to be a “fake” lunar surface. Nor should anyone take such images as “Proof” that the Moon Landings were faked.

Langley Research Center housed a Reduced Gravity Simulator that was used to study and practice maneuvering in a reduced gravity environment during the time frame of the Apollo missions.

The mission planners were very concerned about Astronauts walking on the moon. They were extra concerned about Astronauts falling on the lunar surface. The fear was that a fall could result in a puncture or tear in a space suit, which would have the potential of being quite deadly.

Scientists used the Reduced Gravity Simulator to study maneuvering on the moon. They paid extra attention on falling, attempting to fall in a relatively safe manner and recovering from a fall in a relatively safe manner (standing back up).

And further, Astronauts used the Reduced Gravity Simulator to practice maneuvering on the moon, again, with emphasis on falling and recovering from a fall.

The video I saw was obviously a hodgepodge of various “Off The Wall” clips tacked together. Nothing I saw in that menagerie of clips could even remotely, in my opinion, lend any credence to thought that the moon landing “never happened.”

Pa-leeeeze

I think I remember this from when I was in High School (actually the time of the moon landing).

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Corgidancer]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
[

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Corgidancer]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Heh... it's 5 times easier to get up on the moon? cool! so that means... you DON'T HAVE TO EVEN PUSH ON THE GROUND?! HE DOES"NT PUSH ON THE FREAKIN GROUND!

No...he is using his legs, and the help from the other astronaut.....

watch the freakin video. more than once. please. defy ignorance!!!! cmon! give it a go! defy defy! i know you can! deeeeffffyyyy!

i watched it...there is nothing unusual in the video...

more replies..

DONT WATCH THE VIDEO! just watch the last 10 seconds!

First you say "watch the video" and then you say "don't watch the video, just watch the last 10 seconds".....

As it has been pointed out, it is a lot easier on the moon to get up than it is on Earth. That video sure shows nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
the van allen belt only affects ions their penetration depths are usually very limited, take alpha and beta radiation as an example, they can be shielded by a sheet of paper and steel, respectively.

now, before i search for who-knows what, i'll try a plausible analogy: an alpha particle (nucleus of helium) has a mass of (roughly) 4 atomic units and a charge of two protons. it therefore has an mass / charge relationship of 4/2, a single proton (found in solar wind) has 1/1 and penetrates even less. electrons (beta radiation) penetrate further but are less lethal.

finally, velocities of solar wind are much less than those found in nuclear decay, severely reducing lethality. good enough?

jra

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
NASA staged photos and probably videos too, thats no secret, they did it for the press pictures, Nasa has admited that...

Ummm no they have not. Where the heck did you read that?! And just how could they stage the photos? In some of the missions they traveled several km worth of distance. I'd like to see a sound stage that could handle something of that size. Plus mountains and hills further away in the background that move and change depending on where and how far they've traveled. All the photos and videos are consistant with one another. Faked? I think not.

EDIT: I'd like to add a bit more to this post.

I don't know how well some of you are aware of what ones weight would be on the moon. Hypothetical situation. Say i'm on the moon. I weight about 68kg (150 lbs) and the Apollo space suit with the PLSS and all the equipment is about 81kg (180 lbs), so in total I'd weight 149kg (330 lbs), but on the Moon i'd only be 24kg (55 lbs). That's not much at all, it wouldn't take too much effort to push yourself up if you had fallen down.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by jra]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
On top of the 1/6 gravity, which means the astronaut plus PLSS weighs one sixth the weight they would on Earth, you also have to consider the fact that astronauts would have been in excellent shape. These guys had to go through rigorous training just to get into the Air Force, and even more so to get to be an astronaut. You can clearly see that the astronaut pushes off with his right leg after giving himslef an initial push with his right arm. Say a person can jump 2 feet on Earth. This would mean they could easily jump 10 feet on the moon, and probably more. Also, look at jra's videos of other astronauts falling and getting up, it looks almost identical. There are no wires!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Ummm no they have not. Where the heck did you read that?! And just how could they stage the photos? In some of the missions they traveled several km worth of

Hi

I´m not saying that nasa faked the moon travel, I heard somewhere that nasa created a studio to take pictures of the astronauts and those pictures were for the press, this was done because they wanted "beautiful" pictures of the astronauts on a moon scene.

Probably those are the pictures where we see the numbers on the moon rocks...this is me guessing...

jra

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I´m not saying that nasa faked the moon travel, I heard somewhere that nasa created a studio to take pictures of the astronauts and those pictures were for the press, this was done because they wanted "beautiful" pictures of the astronauts on a moon scene.

Well this is untrue. Unless NASA could build a studio hundreds of km in size. There are hours of uncut footage of them traversing the lunar surface. There are photos of the LM taken from many km away. There are also dozens of 360 degree panoramic photos. How can you do all that in a studio? Not to mention photographic documentation of all the soil, rock and core samples as they were gathered.

Probably those are the pictures where we see the numbers on the moon rocks...this is me guessing...

Do you mean the "C" rock? Which was just a hair that got onto one of the prints. The original doesn't have that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join