It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norinko

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have a Norinko SKS. It's a good rifle and has never stovepiped or givin me any problems. My friend told me Norinko is Russian, another said it's made in China. Then someone else said Norinko is an Importor. So what is Norinko?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Auto77
I have a Norinko SKS. It's a good rifle My friend told me it's made in China.

See
www.nti.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
For information on the Norinco SKS - as well as other military surplus firearms - go here: www.surplusrifle.com...

An excellent site.

Scroll down the left hand side until you get to the firearms type you're interested in.

They have a series of articles on a particular weapon with good, clear color photos showing assembly, dis-assembly and modifications.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Norinco = Norhern China industrial Company

The make decent quality copies of other manufacturers weapons, everything from .22s, 1911s, AKs, Winchester shotguns...

Finnish army bought 100 000 AKs from them to supplement their SAKOs, they are clearly inferior to SAKOs,but good enough for a 3 rate reservist.

Their 1911 clone is a crappy and unreliable...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Auto77
I have a Norinko SKS. It's a good rifle and has never stovepiped or givin me any problems. My friend told me Norinko is Russian, another said it's made in China. Then someone else said Norinko is an Importor. So what is Norinko?

The other posters are right, it is a Chinese brand sold in other countries-even the US.

They are VERY poor quality weapons-I would NEVER own a Norico branded weapon.

I have made a might statement, let me tell you why, an no, it is not because it is Chinese!!!

China for -the Norico weapons- uses very low carbon steel (steel in China is VERY low carbon and makes for Very weak metal) and uses stamped pieces

I actually held a Norico 45 caliber (1911 style) weapon.
When I shook it from side to side, I actually heard parts moving around inside-god and someone wants to fire that weapon????
Must be a death wish

Russian sks's by comparison are made of high carbon steel.
All the moving parts are milled from solid pieces of metal.
Basicly, you can't hurt it.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
MrMonsoon
The steel in Norincos weapons is very durable and i've not heard of any problems with it. Carbon is not the only issue about steel quality.

I do agree that the fitting of the parts may be "bad", but all i've seen have been safe. Not reliable or accurate, but at least safe.

Norico SKS is the same weapon that is in use by PLA, so it's safe and ok to use...
1911 is a POS, we agree here
Walther Olympia copy is a good plinker
Winchester copies are exellent shotguns, modelled after the early Win Models.

Btw have you ever heard how an original Russian AK rattles?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
MrMonsoon

1911 is a POS, we agree here

Got to disagree with both of you here. I have owned 2. Both rattled when shaken. Both held 25 yard groups at 4 inches. I never had a jamb or failure to feed. They would handle any ammo i put thru them. I also bought the 400 corbon barrel. This is just a drop in conversion. Same results, it rattled but kept the groups tight. I put about 500-800 rounds of 400 corbon thru it and the pistol did not show any sighns of having problems with these high pressure loads.

Also I remember when Norinco first started to produce these pistols. Guns and Ammo magazine did a toture test on them along with other production 1911s. The Norinco scored average for accuracy but far exceeded all the others on reliability. I cant remember how many thousands of rounds they put thru it, but they never had a jamb or failure to feed.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf

Btw have you ever heard how an original Russian AK rattles?

Those weapons are illegal where I live, so no, I have never shaken a AK to listen if it ratttles.

I can tell you, If one of MY weapons rattled when I shook it, It would go to my gunsmith and get repaired before I ever fired it- saftey issue.

Well, I am not saying anyone can't buy a norico weapon-really.

I AM saying, I would never buy one. I feel it is a low quality weapon-however the Russian and Yukaslov ones are great.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ultralo
I've only seen 2 Norinco 1911s, both regularly jammed with 5-25 rounds frequency... even after extensive gunsmithng...

Norinco rifles are good for the price, and those in chinese military service (and their semiauto clones) are good, sound and working tools.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Northwolf
I hate that you had that expirence. Like i said before I owned 2 and never had any problems. The only gunsmithing that was done to them was to change the grips, I think I switched them to Uncle Mikes finger groove. Also with the 400 corbon all I did was field strip it and replaced the barrel, reassemble and fill up the mag. Bang bang bang. no problems. The slide was loose and it did rattle, I thought about tightening it up but it held a decent group at 25 yards and I wasnt doing any competion shooting with it. I left it alone. I think I did switch the the mag followers to the ones used for hollow points.

Everybody has good and bad expieriences. A friend of mine has an AMT hardball in 30 carbine. Everytime i shoot it, it stove pipes on me. My buddy will take it clear the jam and pop of 2-3 rounds and hands it back. I then shoot and stove pipe it. I dont know why this happens but it does. It does not happen to anyone else that shoots it, just me.

Stay safe and dont shoot Norincos, They dont like you

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've fired the sig knockoff, and one of the short-barreled shotties.

Sig Knockoff turned me off sigs forever. And ever.

The shotgun misfed every second round (ei. took two racks fo the slide to chamber the round), but that aside was solidly built.

My advise would be to avoid them, unless it's a knockoff of a REAL pricey item.

DE

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok i own a Norinco sks ive shot about a 1000 rounds threw it it has been bad azz i have the dragoonov stock on it and i can hit a quarter size target at 75 t0 50 yards pretty damn good and it acurate at 200 yards plenty for taken doown a big deer I bought it for deer hunting and it has the power 2500 feet per second and it takes 155 grain hollow point now thats power. I paid $200.00 us for it I love the pistol grip with the dragoonov stock i can shoot from my hip and it looks mean you pull that *snip* on a home intruder he will # his pants.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I love the pistol grip with the dragoonov stock i can shoot from my hip and it looks mean you pull that *snip* on a home intruder he will # his pants.

Dude, I am happy that you got a sks and that you are happy with it. Please dont post crap like this. It is hard as hell to to defend "competent" gun owners when we have people spouting of this stuff. Please select your wording better. Congrats on your rifle.

[edit: quoted content]

[edit on 7-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can say what i want and will tell the day i die called freedom of speech and if you dont like it go to china

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Norinco, and PolyTech AK's both from china Some of which are highly sought after and very valuable in the AK Market.

Beware of B-West variant's and some of there knockoff western guns, they are iffy..

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crkill
I can say what i want and will tell the day i die called freedom of speech and if you dont like it go to china

Ah the words of a child. Yes you can say what you want, I have defended your right to free speech. But when you say something that makes gun owners look like a bunch of uneducated idiots who just want to look like "cool" when they shoot i will use MY freedom of speech to tell you how stupid you sound.

The only thing that I asked was that you choose your wording more carefully, but I can tell from your responce that it is a waste of my time.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So whats wrong with saying i can shoot my sks from hip and scare the crap out of home intruder what am i to do give them milk and cookies im 29 and been shootting guns sence I was 10 so dont call me
uneducated DUDE just beacuse I say what i fill I had my home broken into and had no way to protect my self so I SAY THIS MY GUN WILL SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ANY HOME INTRUDER and just beacuse i do dosent meen im stupid and if you want people to hold back what they think then you are in the wrong country pal.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

i can shoot my sks from hip

That is great, Hollywood is waiting. Shooting from the hip has nothing to do with marksmanship. It is just for looking "cool". Just like fireing semiauto handguns sideways. If you really want to impress somebody then Always hit what you aim for. Show me tight groups past 200 yards. I dont care how cool you look doing it I want results.

I SAY THIS MY GUN WILL SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ANY HOME INTRUDER

Thats great. 95% of home invasions happen when the home is empty. But even if you are at home when they come in you may not have the right mind set for protection. So all you want to do scare them, you need to be ready to do more than that.

dont call me uneducated

Then use puntuation and correct grammar in your posts. I am not going to bring up spelling because mine sucks too.

you are in the wrong country pal

Get over this. Freedom of speech works both ways. If you dont like what I have to say then use the ignore button.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We send them the steel and they send you a Norinko! Congratualtions! I suppose you stand by the walmart products and merchandise too?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A lot of people don't realize that you either have a super accurate 1911 or you have a reliable 1911.

For what is was designed to do, four inch groups at 25 yards is perfect.

It is my humble opinion that most of the complaints about the 1911s accuracy stem from the fact that pistol craft didn't come into its own until Jim Weaver and Jeff Cooper came along and taught the world how to fire a sidearm effectively.

Norincos were met with great enthusiasm when they were introduced, despite the initial skepticism and a lot of shooters were sad to see them banned, including myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join