It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasty Thunderstorms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hey guys, since we have everything here except the recent and freakish thunderstorms I thought we should started. I would appreciate it if some people out there posted anything on the latest extreme lighning storms. What is everybody getting in their home towns?

[edit on 13/8/2006 by kid301]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't exactly follow the weather so a link would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I live in GA, USA and we have been getting super storms full of lightning and power surges. We have had this weather ruffly for 3 weeks to a month now. We get at least 2 storms per week, and when it is this late in summer, that's a freak show. Usually we supposed to be in drought right now but it is almost like we are getting the best seasons of spring. I have also never seen the lightning get this bad here.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This for USA:

Freak Storms Pop up all over the US

This for World Wide:

Nasty Storms worldwide

DSO

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We sort of started discussing this on the Strange Storm- Calgary Alberta Thread, but i'm glad to see people are noticing this weird weather were experenceing all over the place.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I live in southern New Jersey, across the river from Philadelphia. For months now I have noticed that just about everytime its rained it has been really severe. We're now getting the kind of storms that happen a few times a year on a regular basis. Major loud and booming thunder, tons of lightning, loss of power, etc.

I was thinking about posting about this but I never got around to it. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one noticing this stuff! Hopefully it isn't the start of some "end of the world" stuff!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We've been getting record rains here in New Mexico for the last six to eight weeks, following six months of record breaking dry weather. On May 31, 2006, we had only .31" of rain. We now have six inches on the year.

[edit on 2006/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
That is really weird. Most of these freak storms started to come around July/June. I wonder if there was anything significant that happened right before then that would somehow cause this.

top topics

join