It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not too good with girls...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
[Edited on 11-3-2003 by Saucerat]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'd give you some advice but, nobody listens to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't *usually* give advice involving this subject with my track record and all, I fear I might just cause more harm then good. But overall, the best advice is just to be yourself. If you are shy, the right person will come along and love you for that quality..don't try to change for someone else and don't let them try to change you and for the sake of love itself-DO NOT try to change someone else, you can't, you won't! It would be like changing the stripes of a tiger, impossible and even dangerous! Be yourself and don't feel like you can't to please another, then it is them that is not worth pleasing. Be truthful, ask questions about things you feel the need to know from her, the worst she can do is lie or flat out not respond...in either case then turn and walk away and let her come to you if you feel so desired to wait for an eternity or more or less, if your lucky..

See the above is why I don't *go here* I suck and I admit it..Good luck with your heart, because when it's on the line..you need everyones luck and then some!
Mags

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
alright bud i'm going to teach you some of the old hmmm charm. get yoru notebooks out everyone cause your fixing to be learned something.

first off. just go up to her say this. " hey hot stuff. hows it shakin" then use this " so your place or mine?" an old but goody

if that dont work i suggest buying her something expensive. or at least something she thinks is expensive. like fake jewelary.

then here is my patented technique. ask her if she wants go eat or something and slip a few sleeping pills in her drink when she aint looking. and then you know what to do after that.

*disclamiar* hmmm's advice should not be taken seriously mostly because he is an azzhole. hmmm assumes no responsibility over any injury or fines accumulated for using his retarded advice*disclaimar*

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I agree with you magestica. I don't think I'll go for anyone else anytime soon. I already have trouble talking with her at times because I'm one of those really shy/nervous guys. She's the only person that really cares or listens to me. You should know that I am somewhat of a loner, so I don't do well in social enviroments.

Any advice is appreciated.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hi saucerat,
i really think you need to get some confidence in yourself,and no disrespect to you but it seems to me that this girl is stringing you along alittle,not in the sense that she wants to hurt you,but maybe she doesnt want to lose you as a friend,see sometimes when your very good friends with someone a relasionship can ruin that .and it has been 5 years i think if a romance was going to come out of this it would have done so by now,she has been distant with you since you told her how you feel about her maybe you should be distant too.build up your confidence and when you have it you might realise that she is just infact a friend,maybe your feelings for her are only because you dont have the confidence to talk to other girls.i dont mean to put a damper on things im just giving you my opinion,i hope that whatever you decide it all works out for you

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Saucerat. your underlying issue isn't the girl.

Its your shyness...

If you work on that, then eventually you will get the girl as well.

You won't get one without overcomming the other.

Overcoming shyness is more solved by joining some club, or similar and just getting used to talking to people in a relaxed non stressful situation.

Making friends and having conversations with females without having to try and impress - just don't care- think of them as males in skirts. Try not to notice that they are female.

The more you are not you, the more you will drive people away. Nothing is more painful to everyone than an adolescent trying to impress a girl. So forget it, just be you and get used to talking to people in person.

How to talk to people?

Don't tell them about you, ask them about THEM.
Every person has a hot point, something they are itnerested in, a hobby, interest, etc, just find it ask them about it, see if you have it, and talk to them about it.

Also most people LOVE to talk about themselves, especially when you get interested in their topic too. Then the hardest thing is making them shut up.

So when talking to others don't talk about you (that can be too painful) talk about THEM, thats not painful at all and people will love you for it. I know it works I have used it to great success.

Its funny, they spend all the time talking about themeselves and come away thinking "what a great person that was".

And all you have done is listen... thats a rare person who does that...

Its works, try it....

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My advice: listen to all the other people in this thread

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Saucerat, let me explain something to you, girls are evil. I know you don't understand girls very well, but you seem to enjoy mathematics, let me prove it in a way you might understand.

Proof that girls are evil:

Everyone knows that a relationship with a girl requires time and money.

Girls = Time x money

We all know that "time is money"

Time = money

Therefore:

Girls = Money x Money = (Money)^2

And because "money is the root of all evil":

Money = sqr.rt(Evil)

Therefore:

Girls = (squ.rt(Evil))^2

Therefore, we are forced to conclude that:

Girls = Evil

I hope this helps you out a bit in understanding women a little bit better.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I'd give you some advice but, nobody listens to me.

~How do you know whether or not Saucerat would listen to you?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Saucerat, let me explain something to you, girls are evil. I know you don't understand girls very well, but you seem to enjoy mathematics, let me prove it in a way you might understand.

Girls = Time x money

Time = money

Therefore:

Money = sqr.rt(Evil)

Therefore:

Girls = (squ.rt(Evil))^2

Girls = Evil

I hope this helps you out a bit in understanding women a little bit better.

Hahahahaha. That was the best proof that I've seen in a long time.

I think that deserves a mention in my blog.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You are good in math, but not good in girls ?

No problems !

Listen, the first thing that a girls look on a man is...credit card.

Pass your diploms, get a good paid job, buy a BMW and you will see the girls come at you !

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Girls = Time x money

Time = money

Therefore:

Money = sqr.rt(Evil)

Therefore:

Girls = (squ.rt(Evil))^2

Girls = Evil

WOW. That was the most funniest (YET TRUE) thing I've read in a long time!

The sad part is, though, I'm just TOO shy to approach a girl and tell her how I feel. (I created a thread called "I'm just TOO SHY..." Look it up!)

But, as the name of THIS thread says... "Not too good with girls..." I have to agree and say that I'm the same way.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Look I am no genius in relationships, mainly because I have been single for a year with no real need for a gf at the current time.......BUT....do this and your bound to meet someone.....

Be yourself
Be confident
Know yourself (most important)
Know what type of relationship you want
Listen
Dont let anyone tell you you cant
Dont use cheesy pick up lines, a simple "Hello, my name is **** and your name is"
And importantly, never let a women rush you into something you arent ready for

I am a bitter man, but I do love relationships and maybe one day I will meet a girl who can actually hold a decent conversation. I don't know why but I attract some real boneheads.

My Disclaimer -
I am no genius although I claim to be. The above post above is correct, women are evil and until I find the love of my life I will believe that statement to be true.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Here comes some of my advice:

Go swimming in the summer and then go talk to some-one which isn't even that pretty and stuff, and then just invite her at home, just an afternoon or something after swimming. And then you go to her house at one time and so forth. No sleeping pills, because you don't want her to be sleepy.

And then you are friends etc. and she comes on a saterday and you both lay on the couch and then everything will be fine.

Only I screwed up a bit because I liked her girlfriend more, so don't do that. But still she is coming saterday again and then I won't make the same mistake again

That girls isn't very pretty neither but she has got gutch and she isn't the quiet one etc.

* swimming in the summer is the answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
She didn't came

I will go to here tonight only hoping her boyfriend isn't there, why why why? Swimming stays the solution to your problems however

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just go up to her and say, " Nice boots wanna F@@K!".

Unless she is not wearing boots, then you will just look stupid. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not too good with girls because you haven't been around them enough to understand...

You should get out more, first a girl loves to be asked questions about herself because it makes her think you want to undestand her more, it shows your interest in her.

She will want to learn about so she will in turn ask you questions about yourself.

You find common ground, go from there...

Sometimes opposities attract... I'm not going there though.

I think you should start with some drinks and good conversation.... If you like her style and she likes yours, it's pie from there.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
For the love of God do not be yourself!!! trust me never works! Tried and Tested! Proven! Under no circumstances be yourself!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
if yourself is a depressive arsehole, then of course dont be yourself, but otherwise be yourself. Im trying out this theory at the moment, its working so far, hmmmm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join