It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Chamber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this. The UN has been in the news recently, and something caught my eye.

the picture: upload.wikimedia.org...

I'm just wondering what the art work is in the background, it seems religious, like what you would see on a stain glass window. Whats its significane to the UN, why was it chosen?

Any info much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Never seen that before. In the center of it there is some sort of bird, like a crane or stork. It is standing on halfround table with people sitting around it. The images don't seem religous though.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

danke schon

doh should of searched.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yes a closer look seems to indicate it not being religious in nature.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The painting is by a Norwegian Artist names Per Krohg, there's a better picture of it here...
www.gardkarlsen.com...
There's a thread on ATS about this mural here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
As to what it means, there could be alot of interpretations, but to be sure there are alot of symbolisms in there including a number of Pyramids and Compasses in the background.

And I thought I would throw this in just for the eeeewwww factor of censoring artwork at the UN because it might not fit their current agendas...

www.thirteen.org...
On January 27, the U.N. Security Council covered up a tapestry reproduction of Picasso's mural painting "Guernica." In anticipation of Colin Powell's presentation on Iraqi possession of banned weapons, the tapestry, which has hung outside the Security Council entrance since 1985, was concealed with a baby-blue curtain and a U.N. logo. The 1937 painting depicts an incident from the Spanish Civil War in which the German air force was allowed to bomb a small Basque village in northern Spain. U.N. press secretary Fred Eckhard claimed the tapestry's portrayal of dying villagers and farm animals would not be an appropriate "background for the cameras."

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I Behold A Pale Horse in that picture....hehe.

top topics

join