It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Friday morning after taking a shower, I was getting ready to change when I felt this bump on my groin area. This was awkward, and I began to worry because of the location it was in. I notified my mom about this and she immedietly made an appointment to the doctors for monday.

This lump doesn't hurt, nor is it growing (atleast I don't think it is). Does anyone have a clue of what this is? Did anyone have a similar thing happen to them? I'm kinda worried its a tumor.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Most likely a swollen lymph node. Usually nothing, but see a physician anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I suggest you take a look here:
www.nlm.nih.gov...

It'll help you out with some information. It's probably wise to go see a doctor about it. It might be nothing major, maybe a third testicle? But, if it is something bad then they need to find out as soon as possible.

Your doctor is there for a reason my good man.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Normally those things are like water build-ups or other easilly treatable things. But as all that have said before me, your doc will tell you all about it.

Djdohboy

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hi Striker,

It's good you're seeing a doctor, but I doubt it's anything to worry about. It could be a swollen lymph node, sweat gland, cyst. Yes, I've encountered similar lumps before, and they almost always go away on their own.

Let us know how it turns out!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just came back from the doctors, yeh it was just a lymph node. I was so nervous for nothing, that when the nurse took my blood pressure, it was higher than normal. Anyways, yeah, the doc just said it was a lymph and it'll appear once in awhile. He said I should check back in three months. What a relief! I can go back to the gym without fear of hurting myself.

Thanks everyone for the info, it helped calm my nerves down a little bit.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Good to hear everything is okay

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Just came back from the doctors, yeh it was just a lymph node. I was so nervous for nothing, that when the nurse took my blood pressure, it was higher than normal. Anyways, yeah, the doc just said it was a lymph and it'll appear once in awhile. He said I should check back in three months. What a relief! I can go back to the gym without fear of hurting myself.

Thanks everyone for the info, it helped calm my nerves down a little bit.

Those darned limp nodes! Glad you're doing well.

new topics

top topics

join