It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Fires 250 Rockets Into Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hezbollah lauched its most vicious attack so far against Israel today. Israel's Cabinet agreed today to begin a ceasefire tomorrow. The Lebanese Cabinet cancelled a meeting today that was crucial to the ceasefire. Many have doubts regarding the viablity of the ceasefire at this point.

Hezbollah fired more than 250 rockets into Israel on Sunday, the fiercest attack against northern Israel since the fighting began more than a month ago, the Israeli army reported. One Israeli man was killed.

Israeli warplanes ranged across south Lebanon, rocketing south Beirut and other areas with 23 missiles that killed at least 15 people.

abcnews.go.com

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
good luck with the ceasefire thing

It's what the world needs right now. Lets just take a break. Gather our forces and prepare for round two.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sunday saw heavy fighting as Israeli forces bombarded targets in the cities of Tyre and Beirut, the capital, while Hezbollah guerrillas fired some 250 rockets into northern Israel, hitting the city of Haifa and several towns.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Doesn't sound that one sided to me, perhaps the Lebanese are just a little less hypocritical than the Israelis?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
good luck with the ceasefire thing

It's what the world needs right now. Lets just take a break. Gather our forces and prepare for round two.

I'm hoping that in this ceasefire something is done about the sea which has been severely polluted with crude oil. The environmental damage is appaling, hopefully it can be cleared and thus help fisherman from both side continue their trade and to help preserve the local wildlife.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

I'm hoping that in this ceasefire something is done about the sea which has been severely polluted with crude oil. The environmental damage is appaling, hopefully it can be cleared and thus help fisherman from both side continue their trade and to help preserve the local wildlife.

Point taken. Apologies...I'm sure the Red Cross and other aid dudes will be rather jolly during ceasefire time too...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Are you for real? In a conversation relating to the cessation of human to human violence, a short break from the slaughter, you are thinking about the environment?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Are you for real? In a conversation relating to the cessation of human to human violence, a short break from the slaughter, you are thinking about the environment?

What? I think that's cool. Somebody's gotta think about the bunnies.

top topics

join