It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Project - Obstacles and Ignorance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The Disclosure Project -
www.disclosureproject.org...

Many of you are aware of this already and awaiting patiently for the first piece of information disclosure.
I have tried to share the conference videos and text-based reports, the result was skepticism and denial from those who watched it. Typically finding any reason to discredit the testimonies.

Firstly, How can this information become wide spread without a person assuming its just another 'saucer on a string' hoax/conspiracy? If people arent willing to believe these reports at their own free-will, then how else can we get mass support for this? (need feedback)

The common idea is, if it aint in the media, it aint worth backing. So if the media is too affraid to report on this case and promoting it runs the risk of being humiliated, what is another approach that can avoid such issues?

I have some future ideas to help the DP out, can i get some feedback on this firstly?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of is to continually write DP and ask them to find a new frontman.

Then find someone who's "credible" and convince them to "risk it all" and fill the position.

Sadly, with DP, people tend to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

In many people's eyes, Greer has lost far to much credibility for them to take any witness accounts, associated with him, seriously.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 8/13/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well thats nice

I didnt ask opinions on Dr. Greer, i was asking for feedback to assist with mass-promotion of the DP..

Now a response from someone who isnt getting payed to discredit greer?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
heh, how easy would that be to cover up if there was contact?

"ok guys, they will be looking for you here, here, here, and here during these times. enjoy your stay on earth and remember smoke marlborough menthol"

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fennek77
Well thats nice

I didnt ask opinions on Dr. Greer, i was asking for feedback to assist with mass-promotion of the DP..

Now a response from someone who isnt getting payed to discredit greer?

And "feedback to assist with mass-promotion" is EXACTLY what you got.

Maybe you need to re-read the posts.

No one here is getting "payed to discredit Greer", and the presumption is quite childish.

What I said was:

Which is a valid obsticle that needs to be overcome.

I've seen numerous threads asking why nobody takes DP seriously.

The most common argument of the naysayers always boils down to what they feel about Greer's credability.

To them the words of Calahan, and the rest, are not even worth listening to since they've chosen to associate themselves with Greer.

If you can't handle the answer don't ask the question, but do not make unfounded assumptions.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

I would consider the information in the above link. It's an article that was first published just recently in The Wall Street Journal that talks about how powerful sites like You Tube, Rocketboom, Flickr -- and even My Space have become in promoting not just the works of unknown writers, directors and producers, but they are also becoming new media vehicles for ingeniously spreading information and even marketing new products, ideas and so on...

I'm just sayiing that one way to get Dr. Greer's Disclosure video's circulating out there more would be to read over the information in the above link and consider registering and setting up a "presence" on those popular sites that are not just used these days for casual socializing.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
redmage

i was joking

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Also, i dont really care about greer, im more in it for the 'whole' project goal, not one man.. lol

[edit on 13-8-2006 by fennek77]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Below is the first part of that Wall Street Journal article:

"MOGULS OF THE NEW MEDIA

The MySpace member with a million 'friends.' The receptionist with a production deal. Some of the Web's amateur entertainers are becoming powerful players.
By JOHN JURGENSEN
July 29, 2006; Page P1

On the popular Web site MySpace.com, members set up profiles with information about their interests and then network across the site, recruiting other members to link to their pages. Often, the teens and 20-somethings who dominate the site have dozens or hundreds of these registered "friends."

Then there's Christine Dolce, whose MySpace page boasts nearly one million friends -- making her arguably one of the most connected people on the Internet. A 24-year-old cosmetologist who until a few months ago worked at a makeup counter in a mall, she now has a manager and a start-up jeans company and has won promotional deals for two mainstream consumer brands.

NEW-MEDIA POWER LIST

• The Wall Street Journal's John Jurgensen discusses new media's digital entertainers.

• See who's who among new-media celebrities.

As videos, blogs and Web pages created by amateurs remake the entertainment landscape, unknown directors, writers and producers are being catapulted into positions of enormous influence. Each week, about a half-million people download a comedic video podcast featuring a former paralegal. A video by a 30-year-old comedian from Cleveland has now been watched by almost 30 million people, roughly the audience for an average "American Idol" episode. The most popular contributor to the photo site Flickr.com just got a contract to shoot a Toyota ad campaign."

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
crasch.livejournal.com...

Above is the full length article -- just read over the other one I posted and it cuts the original article short.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The most obvious answer is getting people to believe. All the info on the DP is
widely available on the internet, its not like its hidden.

There also has been media coverage, but it got pulled very quickly and it wasn't as
widespread as the ufo community hoped for. Its still there to be read though.

You have to understand that the skeptics and non believers want more or juicer
proof than just testimonies from high placed people regardless of how many they're are.

It will take full disclosure from the government and nothing else.

Toc

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied

The common idea is, if it aint in the media, it aint worth backing. So if the media is too affraid to report on this case and promoting it runs the risk of being humiliated, what is another approach that can avoid such issues?

The problem is it WAS covered by the media extensively...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Access Denied]

That's just so wrong... It was never covered by the big media for more than few minutes for one presentation and off the air. Get your fact straights please. News station are way to scared to present all this for more than a couple minutes at a time.

When i say news, i'm talking about the major news outlet. Fox and such...

Toc

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
The only thing I can think of is to continually write DP and ask them to find a new frontman.

Then find someone who's "credible" and convince them to "risk it all" and fill the position.

In many people's eyes, Greer has lost far to much credibility for them to take any witness accounts, associated with him, seriously.

Just my 2 cents.

He presented everything he had, congress still didn't want to do a thing about it. That's why it's been draging for so long. I believe M. Greer is trying on another front now, with other countries. I also believe he is trying to bring that to the court, but you know pretty darn well how long this process will take.

I think M. Greer has been doing a fantastic job, and the fact he never let go. Anyone else would have given up way earlier.

He's a very consistent man and you should try to find ways to back him up, instead of destroying what could be the biggest ET case our planet ever had.

Toc

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The Disclosure Project -

Many of you are aware of this already and awaiting patiently for the first piece of information disclosure.
I have tried to share the conference videos and text-based reports, the result was skepticism and denial from those who watched it. Typically finding any reason to discredit the testimonies.

Firstly, How can this information become wide spread without a person assuming its just another 'saucer on a string' hoax/conspiracy? If people arent willing to believe these reports at their own free-will, then how else can we get mass support for this? (need feedback)

I have some future ideas to help the DP out, can i get some feedback on this firstly?

To get the information more widespread is to link to their website from yours. Add their adress to your email signature and etc. Talk about the project to relatives and friends telling them how important the matter is so they would spread it themselves. If after seeing that many credible witnesses, they are still not convinced, I say you forget about them, they aren't ready for it. They will eventualy understand what's going on and catch up, like i did not long ago. One step at a time.

You will you never get mainstream media join this, at least not for a long while. Because right now, that stupid middle-east war is bringing more listeners(Read $) than anything else.

It's now up to the individual to spread the information.

You can Get Involved by following what is offered on www.disclosureproject.com or directly at www.disclosureproject.org...

Toc

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
I've seen numerous threads asking why nobody takes DP seriously.

The most common argument of the naysayers always boils down to what they feel about Greer's credability.

To them the words of Calahan, and the rest, are not even worth listening to since they've chosen to associate themselves with Greer.

Actually, I don't think Greer's credibility was much of an issue until recently… at least to the uninitiated public in 2001. I think most people thought he was making an honest effort.

I think what “killed it” was associating very credible and convincing testimony like Callahan’s with that of Clifford “Heinz 57” Stone’s and the whole suppressed alien technology from Roswell and free energy to save the world agenda.

Also, next time you watch the 2 hour Press Club video again pay close attention to the tone and the subject of the reporter’s pointed questions at the very end which Greer conveniently chose to cut off and not show you… I heard it didn’t go well and got pretty ugly.

My $0.02 anyway...

Put yourself in his place, he's dealing with hundreds of people and witnesses. You expect that all this hard work would be easy and without mistakes? From the way you talk, you seem to be the perfect candidate for that type of job...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The Disclosure Project -

thats the only problem, you can't make people believe.
What kind of mass support do you want exactly?
Its not as if we could have a Live8 kind of event is it?
And since the DP doesn't prove beyond doubt that is not just another saucer
on a string theory, thats all it is.

My next door neighbour and i were having a discussion about ufos/aliens and he dismissed it as being drunk, on drugs, imagination or seeing something that was
totally innocent and not from another world. He is a mild man in his forties, an
average joe, yet he thinks what the majority of the world thinks im afraid.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I think what “killed it” was associating very credible and convincing testimony like Callahan’s with that of Clifford “Heinz 57” Stone’s and the whole suppressed alien technology from Roswell and free energy to save the world agenda.

Glad I'm not the only one.
I think they need better vetting.
Anyone who wants to become a witness should take a polygraph IMO.
Most of the witnesses seem on the up and up but others I have a very hard time
believing.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh, Access Denied, I guarantee that is what the Govt. wants us all to believe.

(I will leave it at that)

As far as Greer goes - it seems to me that he is definately compromised - either by greed or by threat - he is no longer pushing the envolope of credible UFOlogy.

What we really need is some sort of Alex Jones of Ufology - in fact if you look at Jone's site and find it credible (which I do) I think it is not too far a stretch to realize that he almost has a very complete picture of what is really going on in the world, except he fails to realize the extraterrestrial influence on world politics.

(Be it direct or indirect - which I doubt the majority of us can really speculate intelligently)

I have considered taking up this role myself - and if I do - I hope I will be allowed to partner with ATS in some amicable way.

And I certainly do not feel that Coast to Coast is a viable alternative as it has a very circus like atmosphere and the host(s) have absolutely no credibility as scientists (or appreciation for the scientific method)

But certainly I am not totally dissing that show - it just is about as accurate as Fox nws when you really get down to it. As entertainment it is certainly passable.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah I'm a fan of C2C, but 90% of the shows are bunk.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i have watched The Disclosure Project video and all, i am fully aware of whats going on. Those who choose not to accept the truth told in it are plain ignorant and will in the end find out how wrong they are believing nothing exsist!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join