It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automotive Forum Petition Thread

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
id like to see an automotive topic...

something a little different.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

You have voted eddie666m1980w for the way above nauseating visuals award. You have 2 votes left for this month

The nauseating visuals award huh?

ok WHAT THE HELL?

is that a bad thing or what?

im sorry

so when you click vote for this person, you can then select a reason for doing so?
i voted for someone (iv only did this once) who i thought was a very good speaker & the reply they made was all that, well constructed to the point & full of fact,
i didnt see any other reasons when i clicked vote for this user!

i guess my post gave you a realy good picture of someone 'pooping'
are you female? cos dudes in general find that sorta thing quite funny!

again i apologise for the feeling i gave you, il trynot to let the child in me out out too much now, well on here anyway, i guess im just a dumbass pay no attention to me!

[edit on 3-11-2006 by eddie666m1980w]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddie666m1980w
ok WHAT THE HELL?

Pop a chill pill, or maybe just a couple of prozac. Did I or did I not threaten to back your play? Obviously I wasn't deeply offended. That being said, gruffly male as I might be, I can't help the fact that crap humor has been done to death, hasn't amused me since I was thirteen, and only distinguishes itself from knock-knock jokes by the unpleasant nature of the subject.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
This sucker will do the parking for you, so long as you make sure you keep your foot on the brake so it does not run anything over like an animal or person.

Is there an override of that safety feature?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I will vote yes to the auto forum, since with all of the energy issues going on inthe world the world's most popular source of transportation and form of energy use should likely be covered to keep up with all that is going on in the world today.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
YES WE OVER THE HALF WAY MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You know, I wouldn't own a car that doesn't have a manual transmission, but that's just me.

Hear, hear. To both of your disparaging statements. Auto-parkers: wonderful expression of technological skill, but like the spell-checker they just ramp up the dumbing down (and other rants).

Manual trannys...Oh hell yes. But let's narrow it down to stick-shift only, I mean, who the hell ever raced in a three-on-the-tree? (Well, actually, see if you can find HQ Holden Series on Google).

That said, I did use to have fun making the back end break loose in my Dad's EB2 Falcon. 4 litre, DOHC straight six with fuel injuction and an electronic T-bar auto. Never was into using the handbrake to get the back around, always preferred the right foot...

Also, anybody else want to comment on this:

Have never liked travelling to SEAsia (from a driving point of view). I have to drive a LHD with the stick in my right hand instead of my right hand on the wheel, where it belongs. Anybody else have to do a regular RHD/LHD conversion (or vice versa) and what do they think of it?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am 100 percent in support of starting an automotive thread. I think with the advancements in technology and the need for futrure alternatives to oil. The forum would warrant debatable discussion, not to mention some much needed car care tips from time to time.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Manual trannys...Oh hell yes. But let's narrow it down to stick-shift only, I mean, who the hell ever raced in a three-on-the-tree?

I do prefer my shifter on the floor, as it is just easier to manage and five speeds are just more flexible than than three, but I reckon that the number of gears has more to do with stroke than anything else, but like I said, I'm no gearhead.

My dad owned several cars with "three on the tree," only one of which I was old enough to drive, a '64 Ford Custom with a six-banger.

Pretty much on the day I left for active duty, he went out and bought a '67 Ford Galaxy with a 390 c.i.d. and an automatic transmission.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm in especially since I have been having dificulties with mine lately!!
I would be a regular reader for sure.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
In lieu of a forum, I'll ask my questions here.

Does anybody know the diameter and length of the main (not including headers) exhaust pipe for a Honda CBX 125F?

Some clown has put a horribly wrong 2-into-2 exhaust on the toy I just picked up dirt cheap. Before I do the rings and valves I want to build a new "original" 2-into-1 exhaust for it.

One day this thing will be my son's first bike. In the meantime (like, a few years from now) he can learn how to strip and rebuild it. Except for the rings, valves and pipes it's in excellent nick.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Manual trannys...Oh hell yes. But let's narrow it down to stick-shift only, I mean, who the hell ever raced in a three-on-the-tree?

Yep, learned on a '61 Chevy.......my Dad would NOT buy an automatic!

I later drove a '65 Nova SS, with a 3 speed on the colum......and let me tell you it could MOVE!! Never took it to the strip, but left plenty of the 'good ole boys' in the dust on the back roads!!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ya sure why not an automotive forum would be pretty cool. So my vote is a big yes.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Come on people support the cause and help us in this undertaking.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey I would actually ENJOY being able to come to my fav ATS and ask people in the know car questions

count me in YES YES for an AUTO FORUM

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
well, we've got a thread for aircraft projects, seems only logical to have one for automotive projects.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Actually, the Automotive Forum would be on BTS, so a better analogy would be the Television Forum.

Hey, if a cathode ray tube can have a forum, why can't a car?

[edit on 2006/11/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm pretty new around here, but I'll vote for an automotive forum.

I haven't read all sixteen pages of this thread, but if someone hasn't already done it, I propose all threads in the forum remain free of hybrid discussions.

Leave those for the global warming forum. Keep the discussions focused on real cars.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I mean we have forums for travel and forums on health and fitness i think that we should have forums on cars.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sure why not.
Detroit needs any automotive enthusiasm it can get right now.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join