It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automotive Forum Petition Thread

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I for one am ready to start the discussions about sparking plugs and the merits of, or disadvantages of ethel or regular.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Great Ideas WHAAA

Also the new E85....

My Patrol car runs on that...

Semper

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh man oh man can we hurry this up? I wanna get on discussing such things as Toyotas new package on their Prius, Intelligent Parking Assist. This sucker will do the parking for you, so long as you make sure you keep your foot on the brake so it does not run anything over like an animal or person.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Great Ideas WHAAA

Also the new E85....

My Patrol car runs on that...

Semper

How does it run btw?

[edit on 29-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Intelligent Parking Assist.

Lexus has the same thing and my opinion is that if you can't parallel park, you don't need to be behind the wheel--an utterly useless waste of time and money.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yes indeed, but the endless discussions on the reasoning, experiences, and technology makes for a wonderufl automotive thread topic wouldn't you say!!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sure. I'm sure there are many opinions on the matter.

You know, I wouldn't own a car that doesn't have a manual transmission, but that's just me.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

How does it run btw?

A slight loss in HP and really really bad mileage....

But the State is concerned about being environmentally friendly and they buy the gas.. LOL

Semper

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yeah, Biofuels are only really efficient in larger diesel engines, like on Transport Trucks and Farm Equipment. Tax Breaks on Plug-In hybrids and EV's(Like the Tesla Roadster ) while Taxing Gas Guzzlers would seem to be a more efficient solution. It wouldn't be as good for the rural economy however. One of the primary attractive attributes of Biofuels is that it's production is very labor heavy and provides permanent employment.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm definitely not a "gearhead"..........although I know a couple. But I do like cars, trucks, and general discussion of transportation.

*signs petition*

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
For lack of an automotive forum I guess i'll just ask here.

I just bombed an emissions test in grand fashion. 2.5 times the allowable NOx output.

Obviously I'm going to check the EGR valve and the vaccuum line to the EGR and possibly retard the spark timing, and I'm considering a couple of dirty little tricks (temporarily removing the thermostat, making sure I get gas with as little ethanol as possible) but I still am a little nervous.

Anybody aware of anything else I might want to check?

Also, does anybody know what a fuel additive might do to the test performance?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
sodom

you got my vote

sodom

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I just bombed an emissions test in grand fashion. 2.5 times the allowable NOx output.

Also, does anybody know what a fuel additive might do to the test performance?

Go to Wal-Mart. Go to the fuel additive aisle. I can't remember the brand, but there you will find an additive that bears the declaration that you will pass your emission test or you will receive some monetary compensation. The color yellow comes to mind.

Put that in the gas tank, follow the directions on how to drive your car to clear out the gunk in your fuel system and your combustion chambers, etc., and you should be good to go.

It has worked for me.

[edit on 2006/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks Grady, greatly appreciated. I'll do that as soon as I clear up the year-old suspension on my license that I just found out about yesterday... (long story, and a serious testament to why you should NEVER EVER get a ticket while in the process of changing residences)

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Im not a car nut but i do enjoy the sound my lada makes whilst chugging up a slight rise in the road lol just joking i dont drive, i did have a renault laguna rt sport which is now sadly gone, stolen in the night by some trampy desperados, lol again, sadly i had to sell it due to serious debt probs at the time but i got way more than i had paid for it thanks to a realy cool stealth black (no shine) paint job & some serious interior improvements (new dash panal & gages new gadgets & a very classy pure white leather interior & white fur carpet) & a big engine & system clean out,
i didnt disgrace myself by getting body kits & masqurading as a boy racer, i think its a bit tooooo lame looking when youve got big outlandish spoilers & exhasts etc bolted onto your car it just looks dumb,
the only thing i had done to the body was the intakes/outflows & grill were upgraded/all the plastic junk removed.
i got a realy nice new set of gold coloured five spoke alloys with bridgestones tyres two days before it went so i didnt realy get the chance to show it off in its finished glory, but the guy & his girlfriend realy enjoy the car & havnt changed a thing about it & say they dont plan to either so hey im cool about it, il get another one, someday,
i love you & i miss you rennie boy you will forever be remembered

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Id like a Automotive forum.

Im particularly interested in Zero emission cars,especially Hydrogen Cars, under development like this Salt Water Prototype from GM, that can produce enough energy to power several homes !

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You can count me in.
I have posted questions on other Automotive forums & months have gone by with no responces. Maybe this will be different. We might have to weed out the "Aliens shorted out my battery" posts though.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Another drive by vote for the automotive forum. Biofuels would definitely be of interest to me. Salt Water? Interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Id love a car that could be run on your waste, eg; im low on gas so i pull into a McD's drive thru load up on my usual big mac meal then just let it settle wait for it (rumble, burp, rumble rumble, burp, drop the pants 'SQUEEEEEZE, plop dollop parp fart & other craping sounds then AHHHHH maaaannn' then wipe my pipe clean & drop what iv just did into the gas tank & fiinsh off with some hot steaming piss & presto, the cars good to go.

Obviously if this were ever done im sure like the sick bags they provide you with on planes etc, that the car manufacturors would come up with some slide out sh*t house that would automaticly take your waste & add it to the tank & all you'd have to do was just leave the dump wipe your Sh*t latch & get on your merry way again!

as far as other ways to power cars etc id like to see solar roofing to charge the battery cells & also mini wind turbines in the intakes & some sort of synthetic (harmless to the earth & atmosphere) fuels.

im not bothered if some one copys these ideas from ME just as long as it gets done i dont care!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You have voted eddie666m1980w for the way above nauseating visuals award. You have 2 votes left for this month

You have voted eddie666m1980w for the way above nauseating visuals award. You have 1 vote left for this month

You have voted eddie666m1980w for the way above nauseating visuals award. You have no votes left for this month

Now some one start an automotive forum for us before I have to follow his lead and sicken the staff into compliance.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join