It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automotive Forum Petition Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If you want an Automotive Forum on BTS, please post here. Minimum wording will suffice. We need 1000 posts to accomplish this request.

Go!

[edit on 2006/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If I post nay to the automotive forum, will that post be counted as part of 1000?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
oops, gues I should have asked before posting

awww man! I did it again! thats two

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
If I post nay to the automotive forum, will that post be counted as part of 1000?

Kinda like TV isn't it?
Don't like it, don't tune in.

I skip most of the conspiracy forums cuz in the end they're just opinions.
The aircraft and ancient peoples, pyramids etc. forums are what make this place interesting for me.

I'll vote yes to the auto forum, it may turn out to be interesting in light of what the future offers for the auto.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here I am. I LOVEEEEEEEEEE CARS!!!!!!!!

A automotive form would be so cool!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I vote yes!

Oops, can't make this a one line post...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'll throw my vote in for an automotive forum. Especially considering some of the forums we already have on here, I think an automotive forum is more than reasonable. What I don't believe to be reasonable is the 1,000 votes/signatures/whatever that are required in order to get this forum. According to the last mass U2U that I received from ATS (to the best of my memory), it said that there were close to only 3,000 members who have been on ATS in the past month. I find it absurd that it would require the vote of at least 1/3 of those people in order to start this kind of forum. To find a thousand people on here that agree on one thing is nearly impossible, let alone getting the word out to those people and motivating them to sign a petition. It's not like we're asking for an "albino transexual mountain chicken forum." We're asking for an automotive forum. Just about everyone of us on here interacts in some way with autos on a daily basis. And with the whole oil, global warming and MPG fiascos going on right now I think having an automobile forum is more than a reasonable request.

I hope that those in power here at ATS do the right, and the reasonable thing, and add an automotive forum. It harms NO ONE and it would further expand the subject matter as well as our membership base. That means more people to click on those ads, people! That could mean a 24k gold toilet for Simon!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I vote yes,

i we have a discussion on other things then why not cars:
the forum should cover:
General car discussion
Car Reviews
and
Automobile tips

TRw

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its not a major interest of mine, but it is for many so I will show my support.

It might be a great idea when a member has a quick question that can be solved with the flick of a switch. Save us from getting jerked around from those lovable mechanics.

Allow myself to sign on.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Since I prefer to live in the wild open spaces and won't be sucked into a metropolitan area for any great length of time, it's especially important for me to have a good vehicle (since I don't live under a bridge and prefer them for crossing rivers)

Count me in

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
count me in too...

With the vast knowledge here at ATS another helpful forum with Autos would be great.. After all we use them EVERY day... sure sign me up.

is this post number 1000 yet...lol..

999 bottles of beer on the wall... everybody sing..

[edit on 13-8-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would love an automotive section added to the BTS forum.

May I ask, why not?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'll vote an affirmative for the car forum.

(That's a yes vote, and this is no longer a one liner...)

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sure. I love cars as long as they're not breaking down on me on the highway on my way home from work in rushhour traffic in the fastlane.(damn that car!)

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Just don't count the votes with a Diebolt machine.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'll support the call for an auto forum. It's probable the greatest thing in common we all have.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As someone who spent a lot of their youth at Lime Rock, Pocono, and Bridgehampton I'll add my name to the list. I have been an auto enthusiast since I was in diapers.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
count me in w0000t!!!!

good idea

I VOTE YES

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Count me in too
I love cars, especially one's with forced induction

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hopefully when the guys in charge see the kinds of members who have already voted in favor of an auto forum, they'll drop this crazy "1000 members" gimmick and just give us an auto forum! We've already had Moderators as well as some reputable members post in support of this forum, and its still in its infancy!

Vote YES on Auto Forum!
Vote NO on 1,000 signatures!

And of course I am understanding of the hard work that goes into this site and into creating new forums. I know putting in the code is hard to do, and time consuming. I think we are all appreciative of the hard work that you guys put into this site without being compensated (that I know of!). I just think that in this case it shouldn't be an issue because this isn't some fringe subject forum we're asking for, as I've already said. I just don't think that an automobile forum would be a desert on here. Just from reading posts in other forums it is obvious that we have a lot of smart members on here with a lot of general and advanced knowledge of automobiles and motors/engines. I'm sure they would love to help us less automobile-educated members with our general problems. I plan on being in the market for a new auto in the next few months and I would love to get the advice of some of the members on here!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join