It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush links Hezbollah to Thursdays foiled attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I knew this was only a matter of time! BBC news reports today that GWB says that Hezbollah had links to Thursdays terror plot.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The article never states outright that there was a connection but already the media are making sure that people think a connection is evident. IMO Thursdays foiled attack will be blamed on Syria & Iran over the next few weeks and will be the start of a brain washing campaign by the media to get everyone ready for more war. I've only seen thia story on the BBC so far but I'm sure FOX and rest will surely be pushing this to the American people real soon.

I would apprciate anyones views on this, do you agree this could be start of a wider conflict?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Erms where abouts in the article has he actually said there was a link?? that Hezbulla were directly invovled??

From what I read from the article all he has said is that both the so called terroist suspects and hezbullah share a "totalitarian ideology", I did not seehim say that they were directly invovled at all.

Your Title is misleadin to say the least:

US President George W Bush says Hezbollah and alleged UK air plot suspects share a "totalitarian ideology" they are seeking to spread.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
His thread title is no more misleading than BBC's headline, right?

Bush links Hezbollah and 'plot'

[edit on 8-13-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I completly agree with you the article is mis -eading, at no point is anything offered up that states a link between Hezbollah and last Thursdays events existed. However my point was that the Headline of article makes it seem to a casual reader that a direct link is a possible.

IMO this is nothing but another attempt at spin to gear the public for more war to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I completly agree with you the article is mis-leading, at no point is anything offered up that states a link between Hezbollah and last Thursdays events existed. However my point was that the Headline of article makes it seem to a casual reader that a direct link is a possible.

IMO this is nothing but another attempt at spin to gear the public for more war to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
its the BBC, they have a history of misleading us.

they are state media, lets not forget.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
While he does not explicitly state a link between the 2 groups, the seed is planted for the avergae joe to lead themalong the path.

Lets face it the average person has been trained to be brainwashed, accepting whatever they are told.

Yet again it is Bush at his simplistic best, anyone who opposes or disagrees with us is a terrorist.

The average person will see that these 2 seperate groups supposedly share the same "ideology", therefore they must be in it together.

The same was done in Iraq between Al-Qaeda & Saddam. Now Saddam oppossed the US & did so vocally.

Yet there was no evidence that Osama & Saddam worked together, yet the US tried to link their shared opposition to the US (one of the few things they did share) & equate this to a working link or partnership.

Elohim2006

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Agreed. I started a thread (no telling where it is now) some time back on the practice of media using misleading titles to get a message across to people who don't bother reading the actual article. This is a prime example right here. There will be plenty of folks out there who will see that headline and run with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You have voted Valhall for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

Plus, linking the plot to middle east policy justifys the governments stand. plus, the media has its own agenda too, some are to back the governments views and promote them.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Bush links Hezbollah and 'plot'

Mr Bush warned of the terrorists' ever-changing tactics
US President George W Bush says Hezbollah and alleged UK air plot suspects share they are seeking to spread.
Linking their actions with insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan, he said they all wanted to "establish safe havens from which to attack free nations".

Mr Bush said the UK terror plot was a "reminder that terrorists are still plotting attacks to kill our people".

Source.

The people who allegedly plotted to blow up airlines, and those fighting under the name Hezbollah are linked by a "totalitarian ideology" in the words of GWBush. He is the one uttering their names in the same breath, therefore, he has linked them. I see nothing misleading in the headline.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Agreed again. He did make a connection.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah i agree he did try to make a sneak connection between the two.

The uninformed people who belive anything they read and don't know too much about forign affairs will automatically assume that there is some sort of link between the two even though the alleged air line attacks where by sunni's and hezbollah are Shia.

Hezbollah also has condemed 9/11/2001 twin tower attacks and has condemed Bin Ladin and has called him a criminal. Alot of people don't actually know that fact.

Also Hezbollah provides millions of dollars worth of food aid, Medicine, Housing, education to people in lebanon and looks also after orphans and is basically a complete social movment in Lebanon. while these terrorist in England where just some random morons with no purpose(if they where actually involved in terrorism, we will have to wait and see when all the facts are released.)

You cannot call Hezbollah a "totalitarian ideology". To call it that is to under-estimate what it does. Only a moron would call Hezbollah a "totalitarian ideology" but then again i didn't really expect anything else from Bush.

top topics

join