It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National I.D. Card Mandatory May 2008 !!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Ok, so the government tells us the cost, to each of us, for the card is going to be £80.

What they don't tell us is the cost of the systems to be put into place to issue and administer the system. Another doozy of a contract for the Governments favourite IT contractor (no names mentioned..do some Googling on past contracts).
If the Cards are to include RFID technology then it's a simple job to put into place the equipment necessary to read them from a distance. A lot of people already carry contactless ID cards to gain entry into their place of work each day. The same technology could be used to read the ID cards without you even knowing it. Simple and invisible tracking technology, along with all the road cameras and the little GPS units they want in all our cars.

Why don't they just get it over with and tattoo a freakin barcode on us and be done with it

Exactly. I dunno about the States but aren't we going to keep all our biometric data on one central database?? smart move.....
!!! I reckon the cards are going to cost us £150 at least!

And the GPS in the cars, I nearly choked when I heard that on the news. They wanna charge us per mile based on this technology. Crazy new world man!

[edit on 14-8-2006 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
And having my ID card will stop me speeding on the motorway, punching a lippy flatfoot and plotting the overthrow of the dictator Blair

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

... punching a lippy flatfoot ...

Pardon my ignorance, but this phrase is rare as rocking horse poop in the US... WTF is a "lippy flatfoot"?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Usually a spotty faced Uniformed Police officer, fresh out of Police college who thinks his uniform makes him an expert on everything and worthy of respect and fear....

There are a lot of them about over here. Recruiting standards dropped so low that they even started hiring folks who'd already been rejected

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There are a lot of them about over here. Recruiting standards dropped so low that they even started hiring folks who'd already been rejected.

Just a thought but maybe its because they make them wear those funny looking hats, dress up in crossing guard glow in the dark vests, drive small glow in the dark vehicles and walk around with nothing but a fierce looking radio for defense. I’d like to see you try and give a lippy flatfoot NYPD officer a punch in the face…

[edit on 14-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Exactly. I dunno about the States but aren't we going to keep all our biometric data on one central database?? smart move.....

And the GPS in the cars, I nearly choked when I heard that on the news. They wanna charge us per mile based on this technology. Crazy new world man!

You got a link for this.

I have one thing to people who like this idea.

Originally Said by Thomas Jefferson
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Think about that while you sit there and say its cool to have this Gestapo card, or tax us every mile on the road for driving. Not like we are paying out the wazoo for a gallon of gas now.

Cause I believe alot of Germans will agree with my statement above. go ahead ask them..

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

You got a link for this.

I have one thing to people who like this idea.

Hi,

This is quite an old link (2005) but its been in and out of our news ever since:
news.bbc.co.uk...

I am guessing you ment the per mile thing right.....? if you ment the I.D cards
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 14-8-2006 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

I dont see you out there doing alot about it? what do you expect? someone else to take up arms on your behalf?

the only thing you do is show up on these boards and whine about "orwellian" conspiracies....oh put the copy of 1984 down!

Im not saying im overly happy about it, but if it helps keep illegal immigration under control and prevents terrorist attacks. All the better.
Whinning??? Oh now its whinning.

Screw our liberty. Screw our rights. Do as you're told or you're a whinner.
Too @#$% bad. I'm not alone in my feelings of this, in case you havent noticed.
SO,
BACK AT YA!!!!!!!!!!

i'M gettting sick and tired of people calling other whinners because they dont agree with this crap.

I hope you dont address me again. Really.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen to people who refuse to get the I.D.??? will they be considered enemies of the NWO or what???

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Hey DG, you should have been around when Social Security was implemented, people were saying the same stuff back then too…

It kills me to see otherwise smart people let their imaginations run wild and dictate their views. Look at what the poster who actually lives in a country with a National ID type system has to say about it, don’t buy into the Big Brother hype.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

There is absolutely no single thing you could have said that would have made the other members' concerns more confirmed than what you just said. In the big "red rover red rover can sally come over" debate you just ran right through a couple of arms and smack dab into a brick wall.

The Social Security number was NEVER supposed to be used for anything but the Social Security system. And it has had an illustrious 70+ year run of doing everything in addition to that...including being submitted as a possible "national tracking number" last year!

The Social Security Number (SSN) was created in 1936 for the purpose of administering the Social Security laws. SSNs were intended solely to track workers' contributions to the social security fund. Legislators and the public were immediately distrustful of such a tracking system, which canbe used to index a vast amount of personal information and track the behavior of citizens. Public concern over the potential abuse of the SSN was so high that the first regulation issued by the new Social Security Board declared that the SSN was for the exclusive use of the Social Security system.

Over time, however, legislation allowed the SSN to be used for purposes unrelated to the administration of the Social Security system. For example, in 1961 Congress authorized the Internal Revenue Service to use SSNs as taxpayer identification numbers.

www.epic.org...

And please, stop talking like you were there...what, you're 14 or something, right?

[edit on 8-14-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I kind of "dropped out of the system" about 4 years ago, there is literally nothing about me on paper anywhere. No taxes, no home(on paper), no car,,, nothing. I wonder if I could keep this up after all the ID stuff happens.

I'm all over the internet, but no where else.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The Social Security number was NEVER supposed to be used for anything but the Social Security system. And it has had an illustrious 70+ year run of doing everything in addition to that...including being submitted as a possible "national tracking number" last year!

Over time, however, legislation allowed the SSN to be used for purposes unrelated to the administration of the Social Security system. For example, in 1961 Congress authorized the Internal Revenue Service to use SSNs as taxpayer identification numbers.

And that means what? Its easier to use individualized numbers already there instead of creating an entire new system. At our school they have used our SSN's as our student ID numbers until this year when they have implemented a new system along with new ID numbers for all. Really scary and very Orwellian.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Valhall

Thanks, for that information I was not aware of it.
nice to learn something new all the time specially in ATS.

Now as for the new ID card, it seems to me that the only thing that is needed is to have our information tattoo into our foreheads or our arms like the Nazis.

But we are more technological advance now we may get microchips implanted when the IDs do not work as wanted.

Should we willingly allowed our government to do just that because of national security?

Already the system is going on, but as a medical records keeping and just for people that pay for it as a volunteer.

I see the mark of the beast already on each one of us and under our skin.

The new world order is going as schedule.

The science fictions movies of the past are becoming reality.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris

And that means what? Its easier to use individualized numbers already there instead of creating an entire new system. At our school they have used our SSN's as our student ID numbers until this year when they have implemented a new system along with new ID numbers for all. Really scary and very Orwellian.

It means the promise made to the U.S. citizens - in the face of their concerns that number would be used to track their activity - was broken.

You are proof of how some one can be born into a broken system and wonder why the heck some one is pitching a fit about the malfunction.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And by the way - ludachris - your extreme apathy of the violation of the U.S. citizens' trust concerning their fears (and the promise made to them by the government in reference to those fears) about the misuse of the SSN - is really scary and ultimately the sole requirement for something extremely Orwellian

Here lately there have been a lot of sickeningly apathetic, ignorance-infested complacent, and downright disgustingly stupid statements made concerning these issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I wonder what will happen to people who refuse to get the I.D.??? will they be considered enemies of the NWO or what???

Thats my belief. Yes, we will be considered enemies, we will be called terriosts and their expecting alot of people to resist which is why theres concentration camps.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I do not know that much about these Federal ID cards but what makes them different from a driver license? I know everytime I get on a plane, train or open a bank account I need to show my drivers license.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The bill does not call for a federal ID card.

It calls for "a federally approved ID card" with "machine readable technology".

Many people in the United States already have this.

Anyone who live in New York State that has a Driver's License or a Non-Driver ID has this. The ID cards have a bar code with all your information on it that can be read by a machine.

It is ID cards like this that they are talking about ... the IDs all will have to meet standards so they can be authenticated by a unversal system.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Thats my belief. Yes, we will be considered enemies, we will be called terriosts and their expecting alot of people to resist which is why theres concentration camps.

Are you saying that I could end up in a concentration camp if I resist??? That could never happen in america too many people that have firearms too let that happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
dg

ou have voted dgtempe for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

I just wonder when all this Orwellian stuff will be fully implemented. I hope its soon....I dont like to wait.

I want to be monitored at home, at work, i want to ask permission to go to work, i want to be told what to do at all times...Hey, if there's a Police State, can we go to work????? Maybe the government will make us stay home.
Well, that could be a good thing.

And the thought police....

It all sounds so good to me....I think i'll volunteer my services to be a warden at the "camps" (provided i dont live in one)...how appealing....
I LIKE TO BE IN CHARGE....

Everything is coming up Roses.......

What a time to be alive!!!!!!!!

Excellent use of sarcasm and innuendo.

Sounds suspiciously like Nazi Germany to me!!!

Semper

<< 1    3  4 >>

join