It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaticans money flow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Where does Vatican gets his funding?
looks to me that there are still pilling treasures....

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Collections at Mass and donations from the rich. The Church does also have several business aspects. For example, not too far from me there is a monestary that was turned into a golf course, retreat center, and they just built a hotel there as well. The property may no longer be owned by the Church, but they are still involved and more than likely get some dividends from it.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Where I live, Almada, there are maybe 6 or 7 churches that belong to the Almada parish.

In Portugal there are 4353 parishes. Thats a lot of churches.

Some parishes have more churches than others. In the country the parishes are usually bigger in area but they have more churches separated by all the small villages that belong to those parishes.

Also, the Portuguese Catholic Church has 82 institutions (associations, movements, etc.), 593 media related organisations (news papers, magazines, bulletins, radios, publishers, printers, book shops, etc.) and 200 schools (including one university with five branches).

All those things cost money, but almost all those things are money sources.

If you think that the Catholic Church is spread all over the World and all Catholic churches are "branches" of the Vatican, you can see that the Vatican has many sources of money and other valuable things.

Also, the Catholic Church is a great land owner in some countries, and, at least in Portugal and I supposed in other countries, has a special position regarding taxes.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just a correction.

The churches are run independently in all matters, so if they need money for something, they are responsible for getting it.

Also, the money they get is only for that church or parish.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by one of many
Where does Vatican gets his funding?

One source is the Peter's pence.

You can even donate on-line by credit-card...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Tought it would be a paypal or something......8- )
Donations can't be suficient to run state like vatican and all of its "projects"

atheism.about.com...

www.gotquestions.org...

is there a tax in state of vatican?

new topics

top topics

join