It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Texas Men Charged With Terror

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

FBI: No terror groups in cell phone case 1 hour, 21 minutes ago

CARO, Mich. - The FBI said Monday it had no information to indicate that the three Texas men arrested with about 1,000 cell phones in their van had any direct connection to known terrorist groups.

Also, a prosecutor in a separate Ohio case said he can't prove a terrorism link between two men arrested after buying large numbers of cell phones and won't proceed for now with terrorism charges against them.

Again.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
No immiment thret to the brige acording to this report.

The F-B-I in Michigan today reports it has no information that three Dallas-area men have any direct link to known terrorist groups.

Investigators say the three had about one-thousand cell phones in their van.

The F-B-I also says there's no imminent threat to the Mackinac (MAK'-uh-naw) Bridge.

www.wsaw.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Im so sick of people saying "who will protect us!!??" why not yourself? Its called priorities. If you want to hand your own individual freedom over to a private group that protects people in its own slice of land in the USA, then be my guest. Why don't you all get together, move to washington state, buy up all the land, and secure the hell out of it all you want. Hey give all your rights to a group that runs things there. Your welcome to do that in the USA, but your not welcome to give away other peoples freedoms.

Go make a big society of your own, where anybody can join, where you have it on complete lockdown when it comes to security. have a ball, just leave me and everyone else out of it.

I will stick to my security, a gun. For the instance I cant save myself, well thats called life. People die in this world, and they always will. I will protect myself however I can, and thats as far as it goes for me. I dont need anymore protection then that. federal government can watch out for the international missles, Ill watch my neighborhood. That that as far as I am concerned, dont like it? Well guess what, you have the freedom to do so, but nothing more (like taking away my freedom to choose that).

You gettin my WATS for that brother. My feelings are synonymous with yours to the fullest extent. If these people wanna run around like crybaby pussies looking for others to do what is their responsibility as a life form in the universe, they are free to do so, just don't try and pull us into your cowardly agendas.

This is a thread to add to my list of OVERREACTIONS!!!, which now includes, the old man and the unusual diesel purchase, two arab students getting on a school bus here in Tampa, the group of egyptian students that were missing and in violation of immigration rules, and now this. I should search for more though.

[edit on 8/14/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Although the terror charges have been droped the three men are not out of the woods yet. They are still being held on providing materal support.

www.mlive.com.../base/news-36/1155678861288420.xml&storylist=newsmichigan

Tuscola County Prosecutor Mark E. Reene on Tuesday defended his decision to bring terrorism charges against three Texas men whose bulk purchases of cell phones raised suspicions.

Meanwhile, a lawyer for the men sought to have their bail reduced on the basis of statements by federal and state authorities, who downplayed the alleged threat posed by the group. A hearing is set for Wednesday.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Please tell me how much more a phone is worth without a charger??

Many were separated from their battery packs and the chargers were discarded.

source

Can someone answer this question?

I seems to me the "resell" value would drop without the essentials to make the phones work???

I don't believe I would purchase a phone that didn't have a charger or battery pack, but hey, thats just me.

If the authorties ignored this then it turned out to be "THE TERRORISTS and THE TERRORISTS blew up a building or a bridge we would all be up in arms and claim they knew about it, yet did nothing. I, for one, am glad "they" are paying attention. If the phone caper is an innocent thing so be it, if not, kudos for the Wal-mart employee for calling attention to the situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetAnn

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Please tell me how much more a phone is worth without a charger??

Many were separated from their battery packs and the chargers were discarded.

source

Can someone answer this question?

I seems to me the "resell" value would drop without the essentials to make the phones work???

I don't believe I would purchase a phone that didn't have a charger or battery pack, but hey, thats just me.

If the authorties ignored this then it turned out to be "THE TERRORISTS and THE TERRORISTS blew up a building or a bridge we would all be up in arms and claim they knew about it, yet did nothing. I, for one, am glad "they" are paying attention. If the phone caper is an innocent thing so be it, if not, kudos for the Wal-mart employee for calling attention to the situation.

Same logic can be applied to terrorists who use cell phones to blow up bridges. How many do you think can do it without a charger or battery pack?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I dont think you would necessarley need the charger to use as a trigger for a bomb. But the batter yes. But it has already been determined that the brige in question was not a target of the men arrested. The last report I saw they were still being held on other charges.

df1

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It is pretty clear that government is peddling fear with these bs terrorist arrests to justify the need for more draconian measures. Crap like this is why the executive branch of government should not be allowed to detain people indefinitely without due process.

Baltimore Sun
Prosecutors in Ohio dropped terrorism charges yesterday against two men from Michigan who were arrested last week, saying they could not prove that the men were involved in a terrorist plot.

On Monday, the FBI said it had found no evidence that three Texas men of Palestinian heritage who were arrested Friday in Michigan had terrorist ties or were planning to blow up the Mackinac Bridge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join