It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got phones? You must be a terrorist then!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
A large number of phones could be used for a coordinated terrorist attack set by locational GPS. At a certain time, when a suicide bomber reaches a destination, well.
This scenario is similar to the 9/11 attack which was coordinated to achieve maximum disruption.

What are you even talking about? Forgive me if its obvious, I don't see your point.

BTW, why does it take 16 mods on this furum? Is it crackdown time on meritless positions?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm not stating that anyone with a cell phone is a terrorist. I'm just saying they can be used as part of a plan.
Before 9/11, look how innocent it was wanting to improve your life by being a pilot.
I don't think there are grounds to stop anyone from buying phones, though. There would have to be other evidence.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think the main reason why these guys got frowned upon is that we learn from our mistakes.

Even if they were trying to resell these phones, the same reason they got arrested is the same reason why there have been several planes already diverted because of suspicion, the same reason why those subways in NY a couple of months back got stopped because of suspicion. People are opening their eyes, we dont want another 9/11 to happen and we all want to be "better safe than sorry"

Its funny how many people think this is too extreme to be blaming and pointing fingers at middle easterners, but if you think about it, they are the source and reason for all this paranoia.

Its like if someone steals a car and they are described as a black man, you will not pay attention to the white or the brown, you will look only for the black man that fits the description and stop him even if hes innocent.

I think the people who complain about all this extra security and extra tension are not fully aware of the reality. They are the kinds of people that would ignore all the "concerns" and when something bad finally happens, they are the ones that complain about how the government could have prevented it and how they didnt do enough.

Any middle easterner in this country, who really believes in USA, and who is patriotic to the land they live on, should be supportive, and if they are the ones who get stopped and pulled over, instead of complaining they should be cooperative and willing to help, willing to acknowledge that its their people who have put them in this situation and more than happy to assist law enforcement in any way possible.

And to all those that complain about this country and the policies and the way things work, tell me what other country can compare to this? Which other country lets u start from the bottom and come up to the top? Which other country has health care benefits that like the USA? Which other country can provide the same level of freedom? Freedom of choice? voice? speech? preference in gender? Which other country will allow you to express yourself better than this? Which other country will allow you to have a website like this hosted and allow you all to speak free? Without fear of someone coming and knocking at your door? Without fear of getting shutdown?

Its no wonder this is the same country that many will grow to hate, and its no wonder that its the same country that is doing all it can to prevent another disaster, and if it has to "inconvenience" a few people for a few days once in a while, I think its worth it knowing that there are millions and millions and millions of more people who will rest and sleep free and safe.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
For all the haters! Hate first, ask questions later will get you nowhere in life! This is why we have a constitution, innocent until proven guilty! AAC

news.yahoo.com...

You are the one complaining about the policies, you are the one complaining about the situation that these "terrorists" have put us in, and you are the one complaining about the the extreme things we need to do to keep us all safe, you tell me who is the hater?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join