It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many muslims use this board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i am curious how many muslims use this board apart from me and 3 that i have seen

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I would hazard a guess and say that there are many more Muslims on ATS than just you and, as you suggested, three others. After all there are over one billion Muslims in the world. I would think, given the attitudes and a perceived anti-Islamic climate that exists in the U.S. and the U.K., I am not surprised that Muslims do not make their identities known.

Personally, I find it troubling that anyone be it a Christian, Hindu, Jew or Muslim would, for whatever reason, fear to make their faith known. But, in this particularly troubling time, I can readily understand why one might keep his/her faith to themselves.

Someday, I hope that we can all live in a peaceful world where people of different faiths can celebrate their differences and come together in their similarities to work together to help all mankind to find peace in an atmosphere of true fraternity.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
seconded... I am in the UK too, bodrul- I would like to apologise on behalf of our idiotic media, and the other general idiots in the public, for the stupid linking of the Muslim faith with acts of terror, and the general abuse that I hear goes on in the street...

most people are not anti-Islam, and most Muslims are not terroists- it's just those are the only ones who are given media coverage... makes me mad :shk: I try my best to counter anti-Muslim attitudes, but you can't do that much, ultimately. I consider Muslims my brothers, same as Christians, or Hare Krishnas... Allah Iqbal!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm gonna guess between 50-100 active members.

I honestly don't think it matters what religion a person is,
as long as they believe in peace, coexistance and
acceptance/tolerance.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
With the current neo-con Crusade against the "Islamo-facist" as our President referred to the nation of Islam and Muslims in general, I don't think I would broadcast my religion know matter what it was on a board that surely is monitored by some type of spook organization.

I think even asking the question is dangerous. The current we/them attitude manifest particularly in USA, I find very disturbing and a harbinger of bloody days to come.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house.

new topics

top topics

join