It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Before I start quoting others, here are a few I wrote myself:

I believe that before man, before the Earth, before the beginning of time, the truth existed, it’s the only thing that has never changed. It’s the only thing that has never needed to change.

I believe that unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to this world, And to yourself.

I believe that there is only one race, the human race, and we’re all in it together, whether we like it or not.

I believe that forgiveness is not a gift to the person that wronged you; Forgiveness is a gift to yourself so that you may go on with your life in peace.

I believe that even though we express ourselves individually our spirits are all a part of the same being, the one who created all things. E Pluribus Unum, Out of many (people) One (spirit).

I believe that my true reflection will never be seen in a mirror before me, but in the eyes and hearts of the people I share my life with.

I believe that each of us has only one true gift we can give to this world, the gift of ourselves. Everything else will fall away

I believe that political power in the hands of religion has always, always, led to tyranny. I also believe that political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

I believe that I have yet to meet a person who could not teach me something, if I will only pay attention.

I believe that every religion or designated path is in itself a cult, for no other reason than it narrows your mind from the broader realities.

I believe that your soul is as unique as the fingerprints on your hand. No one knows what you have learned and of the journey which brought you here. No one that is, except you. That’s why it’s important to share.

I believe that hugs make kids grow. (And they’re not bad for adults either)

I believe that though I am but a drop in the ocean, I am still the ocean. So are you.

I believe that if your heart is at peace with the life your living and your soul is at peace with your creator, who ever you consider that creator to be, than everything else is just icing on the cake.

I believe that hate is a poison to the soul of the person that is doing the hating.

I believe that all who teach us leave a part of their soul in ours.

I believe that in our darkest and most personally damned moments there is a light shining brightly to guide us, and we never realize that till long years have given us perspective.

I believe that your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible then they inherently will be.

I believe that I have much to learn, and I know I will enjoy every moment of learning it.

wupy

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
See my signature.

This is not a one line post. If you read this line I just stole 3 seconds of your life.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
quote by me
"Sometimes you have to focus on what the person didn't say instead of what he/she just said"

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
On Fear:

Robert Louis Stevenson
"You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?"

Submitted by Nisandeh Neta
"Fear isn't an excuse to come to a standstill. It's the impetus to step up and strike."

Semper

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

Robin Williams

If women dressed for men, the stores wouldn't sell much -- just an occasional sun visor.

Groucho Marx

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
"Linchpin of the English-speaking world"

"Canada is the linchpin of the English-speaking world. Canada, with those relations of friendly, affectionate intimacy with the United States on the one hand and with her unswerving fidelity to the British Commonwealth and the Motherland on the other, is the link which joins together these great branches of the human family, a link which, spanning the oceans, brings the continents into their true relation and will prevent in future generations any growth of division between the proud and the happy nations of Europe and the great countries which have come into existence in the New World."

Speech given at a luncheon in honour of Mackenzie King, Prime Minister of Canada, Mansion House, London, September 4, 1941.

Victor K.

38'

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong's famous "One small step" quote has been recently revised to Mr. Armstrong's approval; there was some concern over a supposed missing "a".

Well thanks to a TV Anchor and some common audio software the missing "a" has been found. NASA will apparently "investigate" and correct the record. From the Austrailian News article.

Victor K.

38'

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that's down can come up.

--- George Burns

I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat!

--- Will Rogers

There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works

--- Will Rogers

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"And so the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud was more painfull than the risk it took to blossom." The Max.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"A courageous foe is better than a cowardly friend."
Author: Proverb

"Before the time, great courage; when at the point, great fear."
Author: Proverb

Semper

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here's a couple of W.C. Fields quotes:

When doctors and undertakers meet, they wink at each other

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the courtesy to thank her.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Keyhole,

Thanks for the laugh before I go to bed...

Semper

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I saw a notice that said "Drink Canada Dry" and I've just started.
-- Brendan Behan

I've never been drunk, but often I've been overserved.
-- George Gobel

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
-- Henry Youngman

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-- Ernest Hemingway

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
-- Frank Sinatra

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A little on humor...

"Humor has justly been regarded as the finest perfection of poetic genius."
Author: Thomas Carlyle

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."
Author: George Bernard Shaw

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is 'Probably because of something you did.'"
Author: Jack Handey

I love that last one.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower; US general & Republican politician (1890 - 1969)

www.quotationspage.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

'' Do not be surprised that you fall every day; do not give up, but
stand your ground courageously. And assuredly, the angel who
guards you will honour your patience.''

St. John of the Ladder

helen

Helen, I love that second quote, I'm going to save it so I can use it on my sig.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circa
"No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all"

That's actually a Backstreet Boy quote, by former Alcoholic AJ Mclean, he goes by Alex now. See here!

Sadly, the only BSB whom I have any real respect for now. Because he's the only one who would never, ever, ever, ever take his problems out on a fan, even the fan was mean, and egged them on to do it. I've lost all respect for the other four through. Barely any due respect for them left, outside of their status. It's complicated.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
"The die was now cast; I had passed the Rubicon. Swim or sink, live or die, survive or perish with my country was my unalterable determination."
Author: John Quincy Adams

"Who would not be that youth? What pity is it That we can die but once to save our country!"
Author: Joseph Addison

"I hope to find my country in the right: however I will stand by her, right or wrong."
Author: John Jordan Crittenden

Semper

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!
-- Milton Jones

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

-- Steve Martin

[edit on 9/10/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

No wise man ever wished to be younger.
- Jonathan Swift

www.quotationspage.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join