It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Don't sleep with anyone you work with, and don't sleep with anyone crazier than you."

Dad's famous advice.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
"Don't sleep with anyone you work with, and don't sleep with anyone crazier than you."

Dad's famous advice.

- Carrot

Sounds like solid advice CA_Orot.................

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do".
John Ruskin

"Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get".
Robbert Oustin

"God, if I can't have what I want, let me want what I have".
Anonymous

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others".
Pericles

"All animals except man know that the ultimate point of life is to enjoy it."
Samuel Butler

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made".
Groucho Marx

"Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while".
Groucho Marx

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"Memory...is an internal rumor." - George Santayana

"Human aggression is intinctual. Humans have not evolved any aggression-inhibiting mechanisms to ensure the survival of the species. For this reason man is considered a very dangerous animal." - Konrad Lorenz

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." - Christian Nestell Bovee

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof." - Ashley Montague

"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And Mankind is a creation of a supreme being......Whoa!!

some guy I overheard in a bar

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
From the movie, Wet Hot American Summer:

Katie: "Listen, Coop - last night was really great. You were incredibly romantic and heroic, no doubt about it. And that's great. But I've thought about it, and my thing is this:

Andy is really hot.

And don't get me wrong, you're cute too, but Andy is like, *cut*. From marble. He's gorgeous. He has this beautiful face and this incredible body, and I genuinely don't care that he's kinda lame. I don't even care that he cheats on me.

And I like you more than I like Andy, Coop, but I'm 16. And maybe it'll be a different story when I'm ready to get married, but right now, I am entirely about sex. I just wanna get laid. I just wanna take him and grab him and @#$% his brains out, ya know?

So that's where my priorities are right now. Sex. Specifically with Andy and not with you."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Me
"when was the war of 1812 fought?"

Kid
"Vietnam dumbass!"

quotes from whaaa's world

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there".
Will Rogers

"You can not prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building a nest in your hair".
Chinese Proverb

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can."
Danny Kaye

"Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics". Anon

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I came across these today and wanted to share..

Albert Schweitzer
"As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible but more mysterious."

Rabindranath Tagore
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."

Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
"Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing."

Semper

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
A mans financial status means little. Whether residing in a castle, or a box on the street. Strength of character is all that matters. - Me

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
More from Whaaa's world....

"Will you get up from the computer and do something; even if it's wrong"

whaaa's girl friend

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Don't listen to her Whaaa

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." - Joseph Conrad

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome." - Isaac Asimov

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I just thought these were timely

Dale Evans
"Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas."

Agnes M. Pharo
"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."

Mary Ellen Chase
"Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind."

Semper

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - Andre Gide

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
edited..

[edit on 19-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My ablsolute favorite....

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
George Carlin

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"Kindess without love is hypocrisy"
Anonymus

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join