It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A Sunday Quote:

Saint Francis De Sales
"Do not lose your inward peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."

Semper

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Orison Swett Marden
"Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them."

Henry J. Kaiser
"Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition - in having put forth the best within you."

ATS brings out the Boldness in us all..

Semper

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ciscero:
Overrashness is the charastic of youth, prudent that of mellowed age and discretion is the better part of valor.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Cecil Beaton
"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary."

Semper

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok, here are a couple more....

"One day, out of nowhere, you realize you don't know who you are, and none of the cards in your wallet provide the slightest clue to your real identity."

''Authentic spirituality leads from the sanctuary of private emotions into the chaotic arena of political life. Compassion-seeking -justice is compelled to gird its loins and battle the sources of injustice - the psychological predisposition to greed, indifference, lust for power, the myopic economic ideology that ignores everything but the bottom line, and the corruption of government by the few for the few.''

~Sam Keen~

helen

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
1. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star. - Confucius

3. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. - Confucius

4. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein

5. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. - Albert Einstein

-tts

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Henry J. Tillman
"Life is something that everyone should try at least once."

John Wesley
"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn."

Is anyone else writing these down? You are all giving me plenty of quotes to last a long time.

SWEET

Semper

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me.
~~Jack Handey

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
some invader zim quotes:

Zim: "Shut your noise tube, taco human."

Zim: "There is no cure! And I'll never make it stop! You might as well resign yourself to your meaty fate. I told you you would forever rue the day you messed with ZIM! Now! Begin your ruin! I'll just sit here and...watch. HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

Zim: "Is it a fair fight? Is this...moose...creature wielding any type of projectile weapons?"

halloweenies episode:

Zim: "It's like you said, the children try to end the hunger for sweetness in their rumbling, undead bellies."

Zim: "Soon they'll all be after my delicious GUTS!"

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
ok,
here goes a few more!

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold.
We appreciate light, because we have been in darkness.
By the same token,
we can experience joy, because
we have known sadness.
- David Weatherford

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller

You can turn painful situations around through laughter.
If you can find humor in anything - even poverty -
you can survive it.
--Bill Cosby

Ok,
Ted Turner'- .......''Nuclear war would really set back cable. ''

helen

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it."

"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff."

"Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling."

~~~Jack Handey

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Adventure.

Laurence Sterne
"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything."

Anonymous
"You have never lived until you have almost died; for those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never taste."

Rabindranath Tagore
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."

Semper

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh, ok then!

''The more often a man feels without acting, the less he'll be able to act. And in the long run, the less he'll be able to feel.
- C.S. Lewis

''The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.''
- Lloyd Jones

and
''Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.''
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like this thread!

helen

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
- The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence. (JFK)
- Be great in act, as you have been in thought. (Shakespeare)
- A good conscience is a continual Christmas. (Benjamin Franklin)
- If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing. (Margaret Thatcher)
- I am so excited about Canadians ruling the world. (John Diefenbaker)

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Planet Earth Is The Asylum In Which The Rest Of The Universe Sends It's LUNATICS - Voltaire

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Napoleon Hill
"You can start right where you stand and apply the habit of going the extra mile by rendering more service and better service than you are now being paid for."

BOY!!!
Does this one ever belong here...

William Penn
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it."

Semper

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"A ballot is like a bullet. You don't throw your ballots until you see a target, and if that target is not in reach, keep your ballot in your pocket." - Malcolm X

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a Quote from the show, with the most awesome band evar.

DETHLOK!!!

Toki Wartooth: [gasps] What's this place called?

Skwisgaar Skwigelf: This is, I believes called, Food Libraries. Food Libraries.

Toki Wartooth: Food Library.

Pickles The Drummer: [yells] It's called a Grocery Store, you douchebags!

Pickles The Drummer: I'm sorry about 'douchebags'. I got low blood sugar.

Nathan Explosion: Alright, here's the deal. We have to do our own shopping so we can make our own dinner like all the regular jack-offs do. Now you're all in charge of putting together one dish.

[yells]
Nathan Explosion
: And don't just buy booze! That ain't food.

William Murderface: What do you mean, 'booze ain't food'? I'd rather chop off my ding-dong than admit that!

Toki Wartooth: You'd rather chop off your ding-dong than not drink?

William Murderface: [yells] Yeah!

Toki Wartooth: Wowee!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

That last one is of particular interest in today's times.

Semper

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue".
~~Barry Goldwater

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join