It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What a shame that grady didn't give us the full Emerson quote.

Here it is..........

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My favorite quote is my sig:

It's funny, Earth is always portrayed as being behind in technology compared to 'aliens'. Maybe we are ahead, maybe we are going to nuke them. who knows. maybe one day they will rock up in an old rusty space ship running on 4 AA's. -Some guy on Youtube

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"Follow the rule of celibacy and you are no more than an ass."
-Ikkyū Sojin

"You don't have to explain something you never said."
-Calvin Coolidge

Those are my two for the day.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Carl Jung:
Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, 'Something is out of tune.'

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him"

- Sidney Greenberg

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority."
-Ralph W. Sockman

"No man has ever been born a Negro hater, a Jew hater, or any other kind of hater. Nature refuses to be involved in such suicidal practices."
-Harry Bridges

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
-Thomas Jefferson

Those are my submissions for the day.

[edit on 8/17/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If there is one thing upon this earth that mankind loves and admires better than another, it is a brave man, -- it is the man who dares to look the devil in the face and tell him he is a devil.
- -- James A. Garfield

Semper

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Every hero becomes a bore at last.

Emerson

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
We are young despite the years, we are concern. We are hope despite the times.

-- Michael Stipe lyric from "These Days"

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
“True courage is not the brutal force of vulgar heroes, but the firm resolve of virtue and reason.”

Alfred North Whitehead

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"Your love of liberty - your respect for the laws - your habits of industry - and your practice of the moral and religious obligations, are the strongest claims to national and individual happiness."

--George Washington

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
"In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong; honor that; try to imitate it, and your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes."
- -- John Ruskin

Semper

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ralph Waldo Emerson:
A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Quotations

If you were born on the isle of Lesbos what do you tell people your nationality is
Author unknown.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
“A boy doesn't have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn't like pie when he sees there isn't enough to go around”

Edgar Watson Howe

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers."
- -- Jewish proverb

Semper

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Bertolt Brecht:
Unhappy the land that needs heroes.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man" Jebediah Obadiah Zachariah Jedediah Springfield

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." Homer Simpson

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Musky]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It has never mattered to me that thirty million people might think I'm wrong. The number of people who thought Hitler was right did not make him right...
Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
-- Frank Zappa

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Principle -- particularly moral principle -- can never be a weather vane, spinning around this way and that with the shifting winds of expediency. Moral principle is a compass forever fixed and forever true."
- -- Edward R. Lyman

That is the one enduring quality of our President..I admire that...

Semper

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join