It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post a Quote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
GREAT stuff!!!

Helen, your quite the "Quotist"

River Rat, It's a good fight, worthy of Grand Stories and Heroic Epics; Just keep fighting!!!

Truth Seeker : I LOVE Churchill

Quote:
'Baltasar Gracian'
"Aspire rather to be a hero than merely appear one."

Semper

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you're wrong, admit it; Whenever you're right, shut up."
~~Ogden Nash

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
NOW THAT was good advice!!!!!

Quote:

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world."

Semper

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
thank you Semp, but I can't take the credit.

Ok, here is one, well.....ill delete the :shk: bits!

Once upon a time, there was a non-conforming sparrow who decided not to fly south for the winter.
However, soon after the weather turned cold, the sparrow changed his mind and reluctantly started to fly south.
After a short time, ice began to form his on his wings and he fell to earth in a barnyard almost frozen.
A cow passed by and crapped on this little bird and the sparrow thought it was the end, but the manure warmed him and defrosted his wings.
Warm and happy the little sparrow began to sing.
Just then, a large Tom cat came by and, hearing the chirping, investigated the sounds.
As Old Tom cleared away the manure, he found the chirping bird and promptly ate him.

There are three morals to this story:

Everyone who sh*** on you is not necessarily your enemy.
Everyone who gets you out of sh** is not necessarily your friend.
If you are warm and happy in a pile of sh**, keep your mouth shut.

Author unidentified

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value."
~~Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"There is a little immaturity stuck away in the crannies of even the most judicious of us, and we should treasure it."
-- Roger Ebert

Baack

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Two of my favorites quotes I keep in my signature:

1. We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find
bitter. - Denis Diderot

2. Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it. - Flannery O'Connor

Some more quotes:

1. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. - David Viscott

2. There is no remedy for love but to love more. - Henry David Thoreau

3. Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. - Winston Churchill

4. I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. - J. D. Salinger

5. Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. - Albert Einstein

-tts

[edit on 17-8-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all outta bubblegum."

Rowdy Roddy Piper in the film, They Live.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
''What I mean by character is a firm, seasoned substance of soul. I mean qualities or acquirements as intelligence, thoughtfulness, conscientiousness, rightmindedness, patience, fortitude, long-suffering and unconquerable resolve. ''
Joshua Chamberlain

''It is something great and greatening to cherish an ideal; to act in the light of the truth that is far-away and far above; to set aside the near advantage, the momentary pleasure. . . and to act for remoter ends, for higher good, and for interests other than our own. ''
Joshua Chamberlain

helen

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've done so much with so little for so long,
pretty soon I'll be able to do anything with nothing.
I think I wrote that.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It is far more impressive when others notice your good qualities without your help.
Unknown

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Chidinma Obietikponah
"Always show the you in you that makes you the you that you are."

Made my eyes bleed!!!!

Semper

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

www.quotedb.com...

Yeah... Yeah it is...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
''The best feelings are those that
Have no words to describe them''....
~ by Michelle Hammersley ~

and
May no gift be too small to give,
nor too simple to receive,
which is wrapped in thoughtfulness
and tied with love.
~ by L.O. Baird ~

helen

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Helen, your full of them... I LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
Louisa May Alcott
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won."

Semper

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"The road to perdition has ever been accompanied by lip service to an ideal." - Albert Einstein (again)

What can I say, I love this guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~Mark Twain

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ok here are a few that I tend to keep going:
1) It is not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. Unknown.

2) Did you ever sit and wonder as you walk along the sand, that life is about to outlive the best? For if you only knew of it and would live a helping hand, the every man can past the final test. The world is but a stage my friend, and life is but a game, and how you play is all that matters in the end. For weather a man is right or wrong, a woman gets the blame and your mother is the dogs best friend. Then Heini Casey strode up to bat and Sheridan was 50 miles away. For it takes a heap of luvin to make a home like that on the road to where the flying fishes play. So be a real live party arch, laugh, smile, laugh. (Groucho Marx.)

3) I have nothing to give, but blood, toil and sweat. (Winston Churchill.)

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All good!
I'm writing them all down.

Quote:
Albert Schweitzer
"Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now - always."

Semper

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join